Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Ipod Nano!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Suikoden Ipod Nano! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/genso_ipod/index.html

dunno if yall saw this already, but Konami partnered with apple to release a 4gb iPod Nano with the (main character) true rune of your choice imprinted on the pod, a case, and the headphones. I dunno about you guys, but I've got a hero 4 coming for me =)
(yeah, he's not my fave hero? but his rune symbol is awesome)
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You got to be kidding me...

Do those people want me to go bankrupt!

I'll get one of each starting with the Soul Eater...

I didn't see any price for one of those things, so please if you know; lay it easy on me...

Also a place that ships worldwide, or should I add it to my woes when I go to Japan...

EDIT: I saw the price, sorry but I better go lie down...

EDIT: To save you some currency exchange trouble is roughly £150 GBP and $300USD...

Oh and they are in a limited amount (from what I figured already sold out), which means one on eBay will probably go double, especially if I'm around...

Last edited by Arenegeth on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty unimpressed. They look like regular ipods with itsy bitsy teeny tiny rune engravings on the back.

The headphones are cool, but I wouldn't spend so much money just to get a pair of nice looking headphones. ^^; (Of course, if they were studio headphones and were released as a standalone, maybe...)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I'm pretty unimpressed. They look like regular ipods with itsy bitsy teeny tiny rune engravings on the back.

The headphones are cool, but I wouldn't spend so much money just to get a pair of nice looking headphones. ^^; (Of course, if they were studio headphones and were released as a standalone, maybe...)

Yeah, if I didn't just get one I'd want one...I mean, they are the price as a regular iPod anyway.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, I'm not really impressed. My own iPod came with a free laser engraving of:

Andrew Wright
The Abhorsen

I also have sexy wireless headphones for my iPod so the earphones aren't attractive to me either.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was never a tremendous fan of the iPod to begin with, honestly. I mean, MP3 players are great and all that, but all the technology is the same. Other companies do manufacture some very fine MP3 players (I own one...not that I ever have an opportunity to use it...)

Paying $300 for something that looks prettier in that Apple kind of way doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Since the Apple logo is still (much, it looks like?) bigger than the True Rune engraving or the Genso Suikoden text, and the headphones aren't that cool...it's another fine example of something which I see nothing about to justify the price tag. I'll pass.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been meaning to get an iPod. I'd get one of those if I had any yen on me.
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

see, i'm in the market for a nano anyway, so this just makes my job easier =)
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if they made Cellphones or cellphoen covers with suikoden Runes or characters on them I'd be a bit more impressed. I really wouldn't want to waste my money a Ipod Nano anyways. They can bairly carry any member or storage.. and it's soo tiny I'd probally loose it and be out so much money. It's a good thought.. but they either need to look towards devolping something different to market, or perhaps build apound something greater than a Ipod Nano.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if they made a nice iPod case it would be nice.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the reason I want to get all of them is simply for collectors purposes (they are official products after all), I mean really I had no intention of getting any form of MP3 player, well, other than the MP3 capabilities of the N-Gage and PSP that I already got.

But now that I'm getting the bike I would want one of those MP3 players to install, so I could hear music on the go, I could have it on me but its not the same, I'll add speakers too, though the installation is hard for waterproof and security reasons, the size of the Nano makes it easier, so they have a use for me other than my collector's bug.

But I'm pretty sure it says that they already been pre-ordered, so our only chance of getting one is through eBay or directly in Japan, not that if they hadn't have filled the pre-orders that site would ship anywhere out of Japan, but just saying...

Oh, any chance of a US release perhaps?
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on a side note just saw the picture of hero V with the sun rune with all the other heroes that uses a true rune. that must mean something... and i'm betting my ass on that one. :mrgreen:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those i-pods look really nice, too bad i already have an mp3-player.
But if i wanted a Suikoden I-pod i just mighst as well print those images and stick them to the device.

The most important thing is that it may be a good way to promote Suikoden and attract more players to the game, which is the probably the reason Konami did this in the first place.
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the site says that pre orders started on the third and end on the nineteenth. i just got my suiko IV ipod ordered, and tossed down money for the suiko 5 super set as well =)
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they're ok; nothing really screams 'MUST HAVE THIS NOW!!' to me, even though it would be a unique item to own. i already have an mp3, so buying this wouldn't really make much sense to me, and the fact that i simply don't care about stuff like this. the game is what matters to me, not the other crap released.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: