Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Knights of Falena/Barrows and Godwin (Possible Spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which philosophy would you choose? Barrows or Godwin?
Barrows-Sun Rune should NOT be used at all.
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Godwin-Sun Rune should be used aggressively.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Neither of them.
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
I can't decide yet.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: The Knights of Falena/Barrows and Godwin (Possible Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is basically just a question..are most of the Falena knights with the Barrows' or Godwin's idea of philosophy? I know that some of them are leaning more towards one, and some are more towards the other, but I was just curious.

Also, are the Maximillian Knights from Falena? Fred and Max's armor looked much like Falena's knights, so I was just curious as to that to.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Maximillian knights are from the Scarlet Moon Empire, but I'm not sure.

I don't think I can answer the question yet - there's just too little information out there right now.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't decide what I choose because every country should make good use of their own power of course with a big concern to international peace and national issue.
Those two things can be opposite each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will choose the third moderate faction: the Falenas family. The Sun Rune should be used in a sensible manner to first and foremost safeguard the Queendom's best interests.

From what little we already know about the plot, it is as if the Falena is actually falling apart due to the opposing ideals of these two noble families. I can't really agree with either of their ideals.

Of course, this is only an initial impression. One that is nowhere near a final say until we actually learn the truth about the Sun Rune and its avatar complex.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without knowing more about the rune its hard to give a definitive yes or no to using the sun rune. I mean it ruined that village but was that the sun rune's own aggressive overpowering nature or did the queen just get a bit over-eager using it...?

It seems its not like the Rune of Punishment or Soul Eater which hurt the bearer, however it does seem to exert some control over its bearer which may be why the queen seems to get hysterical whenever she uses it.

From what I've seen I would say no don't use it, however we dont know much about the nature of the rune so it is a hard call.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would use it, but only in the case of dire emergencies (those that might cost the country to be conquered and the like). I would only use it if it was a last resort or something.

I thought that the Barrows believed in only using the Rune when there was no other option left.

I will go with the Barrows for now, but I might change my mind once we learn more about the rune and the families.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neither. I'd listen to my gut and use it on my terms. Both Philosophies take up both extremes, but I'd like to think that I can trust my own decisions and use it when I deem necessary.

Lazlo had some pretty valid reasons for using his Rune of Punishment, so if I were put in that scenario, I'd probably use it sparingly in times of great danger.

But as more information about the Rune is known, then the opinion could be swayed. If Arshetat turns insane with overuse, then I'd probably refrain from using it at all, just so it can't add up. In that case, the rune would become a symbol and not a weapon.

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had a choice, I wouldn't use it...but it seems it's taking over Arshtat's mind, so she really doesn't have a choice, does she? I don't know..I wanted to make the poll just to see what people would say.

I guess I always thought the Maximillian knights were from the Toran area or Dunan area...but their armor looks so much like Falena's knights, I thought I might throw that out there.
Guardian of Fate

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I said that it shouldn't be used at all. If it pretty much only has destructive powers, why use it!? Y'know!? But, I guess that it could be used only in certain places for destructive powers, but I guess I wouldn't want to see it used.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Also, are the Maximillian Knights from Falena? Fred and Max's armor looked much like Falena's knights, so I was just curious as to that to.

Is there much info on the Godwins and Barrows right?

Hmm.. I dont think the Falena knights look like Maximillian knights, btw arent the Maximillion knights from The Scarlet Moon Empire (now Toran Republic) ?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think we know enough of its powers to say that it might only be destructive. A sun can burn and kill but it can also warm and give life - so it could have dual powers in that respect.

Quote:
btw arent the Maximillion knights from The Scarlet Moon Empire (now Toran Republic) ?

Yes they are.

Thinking about it, do we know the origin of the Maximillian Knights other than they are from SME? Do we know when, why, how they started?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True.. but Falena is the least place that I'd think the Maximillian Knights were from, I'd say Maximillian probably started them way earlier then the events in Falena, but I could be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: