Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A question about the Suikoden 1 opening
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: A question about the Suikoden 1 opening Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the opening you see some scenes for example Flik,Humphrey and Odessa in Rock Land and then fighting soldiers of the empire.Is that some kind of prologue like the scenes in Suikoden 4 opening what happened before or are that secret scenes you can unlock?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not really, that was pretty much showing the members of the Liberation Army in action, that could have been placed anywhere since they formed to when you meet them since Flik, Humphrey and Odessa were the core members. The scenes in 4 were more along the lines of showing the roles of the people and emphasising the water and naval aspects so people wernt wondering things like 'why am i on a ship?'

As far as i know you cant unlock any scenes in any of the suikodens, and only in suikoden 4 can you really do anything with the new game + option, and thats just carrying over items.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
As far as i know you cant unlock any scenes in any of the suikodens,

Suikoden III has the special 6th POV for when you get 104 stars.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
As far as i know you cant unlock any scenes in any of the suikodens,

Suikoden III has the special 6th POV for when you get 104 stars.

That's not a scene exactly but more to the topic at hand.

I had always wondered since the first time I played the game, but it seems that it was simply done for the intro, there's nothing more to it, I think Suikoden I and II have been hacked already and all the code revealed if there was anything else we would know.

It was simply something cooked up for the intro and nothing more, of course I would wish for a prequel to Suikoden I that you get to see the action of the Liberation Army at it's inception and execution, but that will remain but a dream.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the Suikoden 1 intro does consist of scenes from before the game. We see Odessa, Flik, and Humphrey battling monsters, Max's army attacking Scarlet Moon, Barbarossa and Windy at the Floating Garden, and several other scenes. The only scene not from the past is the one of Tir walking around Toran Castle.

Suikoden 4's intro is the same, consisting entirely of scenes from before the game takes place.

Suikoden 2's intro was just of random characters from the game, and a few non-events involving various characters working together.

Suikoden 3's anime intro was full of scenes that were intended for the game but never made it to the final product. Anime takes a while to make, so it was likely started before the final script of the game was done. Hugo attacking Hallec at a burning Chisha village, Fred and Rico accompanying Lilly, Samus, and Reed, Hugo and Lilly spending alone time by a river, Geddoe attacking some strange flying monsters with his sword, the Mantor riders carpet bombing Chisha, Zepon's face...none of these made it into the game. They were likely changed a bit as the game was made, but the anime intro was already in production and couldn't be changed.

The Suikogaiden anime intros also had a lot of scenes not in the game. Like a giant Bonaparte attacking a mysterious giant monster at a very huge city that I can only guess is Harmonian because of it's scope and architecture. And Nash unleashing a giant electric attack against one of the Beast Rune golden wolves. And McDohl making his mysterious appearance in the Suikogaiden 2 intro, even though he isn't even as much as mentioned in the game.

Suikoden Tactics just shows gameplay footage. Nothing special there.

As much as I love Suikoden 2 and 3...the SuikoGaidens have by far the best intros yet. At least, IMO.

^Actual quote!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the Feedback very interesting
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well does anyone know where i can see the opening of suikoden 1 cause i don't have the game and i want to see the opening so plz tell me
Ray Grievous

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
The Suikogaiden anime intros also had a lot of scenes not in the game. Like a giant Bonaparte attacking a mysterious giant monster at a very huge city that I can only guess is Harmonian because of it's scope and architecture. And Nash unleashing a giant electric attack against one of the Beast Rune golden wolves. And McDohl making his mysterious appearance in the Suikogaiden 2 intro, even though he isn't even as much as mentioned in the game.

McDohl definitely was in it, sitting next to Kasumi. ^_^

You need to take the back-route, though.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden2/3b/index.php

--Ray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming for Suikoden I people are talking of the Sega Saturn opening?

Sars uploaded it a while back somewhere on the main site me thinks.

http://www.suikox.com/movies/ssopening.avi

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I'm assuming for Suikoden I people are talking of the Sega Saturn opening?

Sars uploaded it a while back somewhere on the main site me thinks.

http://www.suikox.com/movies/ssopening.avi

Even though that's nothing like what Chiepoo said. The one Chiepoo talks about is the PS1 version. Even though, I like the SS version better.. Why didn't they just port it?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aaaaaaaar you be right! I always forget that Suikoden I actually has an opening. I always just assume there's only the Sega Saturn opening!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Aaaaaaaar you be right! I always forget that Suikoden I actually has an opening. I always just assume there's only the Sega Saturn opening!

Probably because it's rubbish compared to the SS's, bleh. Why would you need a scene of McDohl wandering down one part of the castle anyway? Doesn't even fit in with the way they did Suikoden 2's (showing most of the 108 characters).
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a place to find the SUIKOGAIDEN opening? That would be nice ^ _ ^

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg_Prime wrote:
Is there a place to find the SUIKOGAIDEN opening? That would be nice ^ _ ^

http://www.youtube.com/w/Suikoden%20-%20Suikogaiden%20Vol.%201%20OP?v=j mC-Tp_fx54&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffu seaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid%3D22135764

(Sorry for the long URL) Since no one else would answer me, I took the liberty in looking for it my self! This is the Suikogaiden opening, the Ironic part is that the song is in english...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah! That's freaky. I discovered that thing just yesterday when I searched that website for Suikdoen things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: