Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Toughest Enemy..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Luca Blight was certainly one of the more powerful opponents, there are few bosses that still kill many of my party after multiple play throughs.

The Zombie Dragon and Golden Hydra in GS1 were tricky, but in the view of adding something new to the topic:

Neclord in GS1 - mainly because his dungeon was tricky and you had to get up all those floors before you even got to him. With some planning he's not that hard however.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1- Neclord (He didn't take any damage from Lv. 4 spells, which was a bummer with my backrow being all magicians. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy by any means)

S2- Luca Blight (It took a bunch of people, and he seemed to absorb some spells that you would cast on him, he was pretty tough, but if your characters were all leveled up nicely, it wasn't too tough)

S3- Sarah (She could dodge quite a bit, and her spells and monsters were annoying...), Yuber (Strong, not as fast as Sarah, but he could kill easily)

S4- Giant Tree (His ultimate attack killed quite a bit, but if you had a good team, then he wasn't that hard...)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Shining_Wizard19

Falenian Security Forces

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the living island monster in suikoden 4 to be pretty damn tough, i was woefully unprepared for it, and never realised that you could only attack with long range weapons rather than swords etc. Although that being said once i worked it out it wasnt that hard :P, but on 1st play through, and not expecting it, it was real tough

The Captain Of The Watch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Koeneloen

V-TOWN

4000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I, The zombie dragon was quite hard and that thing in the dwarves vault ( I remember in my first playthrough I didn't save for like 2 hours and then I got in that battle and got wiped out) but nowadays it's just to easy:p

Suikoden II, Definetly Luca Blight just because you need so much people to defeat him

Suikoden III, Sarah and Yuber were pain in the neck sometimes

Suikoden IV, Didn't really have a hard battle here, maybe that golem thing because I used all my spells the first time and didn't have my weapons up to date so the second battle was kinda hard

Suikoden Tactis, Iskas's final form had me tied down a while but I managed to defeat it the thirth time on my first playthrough
Angel Gabriel 777

-89 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude That yuber dick was the hardest from S3
oh my god i've never seen one person kill 5 characters in 3 turns.
i was lucky he didn't do that stupid reflect attack
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a long time since I've played Suikoden 1 but I remember a boss , at the end , when you attack Sonya Schulen's place , Shasarazade . There is a boss who killed my entire party every time.
In Suikoden II , Luca Blight , definitely. Plus , the first time i played , I thought I have to defeat him with the three party. And Flik's party and Viktor's party suck because i used only 6 characters in battle , the others ones weren't trained or equipped. That was very hard !
I didn't have Suikoden II or Tactics (no PAL version)
In Suikoden , no major problems .

I hope Suikoden V wiil be more challenging. Some cool side quests with tough boos would be great , like in Final Fantasy VII
Koeneloen

V-TOWN

4000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's been a long time since I've played Suikoden 1 but I remember a boss , at the end , when you attack Sonya Schulen's place , Shasarazade . There is a boss who killed my entire party every time.

You mean that Shell I never thought that was hard enemy if you have Flik (or Grenseal in your party) because with a Lightning/Thunder rune it can be wiped out in an instant
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1, The Crystal Core was sometimes hard(probably just brought the wrong party) and Sonya Shulen after that Shell (especially when I would forget that it absorbed water :roll: ), cause I always used most of my magic on the Shell. I never had trouble with the Zombie Dragon, though. Also the Gold Hydra took a while to beat.
In S2, pretty much just the Beast Rune Incar for me
In S3, the first playthrough I absolutely had to beat every Destroyer battle and alot of times, even when well prepared, if you didn't take out the right person soon enough :damn: (usually Sarah, then Luc, then Yuber) and get the battle over quick enough, you were toast. Also, I think the Luc/Sasari dual gave me trouble the first time

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few that were tough for me. I had trouble with Neclord. He was just evasive enough to get really annoying and his magic was really strong. I died a few times before beating him.

All of the other hard bosses occured in Suikoden III. The hardest boss in the Suikoden series, to me, is the Water Dragon. Now, he isn't very hard to beat once you've played through the game one time already, but come on, most are easy once you know how to take them on. I actually had to spend six hours preparing for the boss on my first play-through of the game. I had lost three times in a row and knew I couldn't win on luck alone. I did finally end up beating him, but when I did, I only had two standing characters remaining. Now I find him a piece of cake. All you have to do is to throw Twaikin into the battle to take hits and attack from a distance. Piece of cake.

Now there are other bosses I'd like to mention that were tough, such as the Stone Golem in chapter three with the Geddoe party. That thing had some killer moves and took away more then half of a character's HP in a single swing. Two other tough fights were the Sarah and Yuber fights in the final dungeon. Like the Water Dragon, they were only significantly hard on the first play-through, but man, I must have been game-overed at least twice by both. And lastly, I must say that winning the fight with Geddoe, Queen, Ace, Jacues, Joker, and Shiba against Sarah (as Chris) was tough and also beating the battle against Luc, Sarah, Yuber, and their monster buddies right after beating the Fire Dragon was tough as well.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Geddoe 5 + Shiba vs. Luc + Sarah as Chris battle was only hard the first time I played. If you level up in that cave before hand it's really easy actually. Another hard one that you just reminded me of is that giant 3-headed hydra Geddoes team fights the first time to Caleria, but again if you level up properly, a couple high level spells will take it down pretty fast.

Edit: plus making good use of Ayla's Shield and Earth rune. I love Ayla, so cute. :)
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those Angle HairBALLS are a biz nattch...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg, You mean the ones in S4? I hated those things :x

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it'd have to be the Zombie Dragon as well. I was stuck against it for a long time as I finally developed working knowledge of how to win at Suikoden (effectively using medicines mainly).

From then on I found that after I finally beat that Dragon, I never had too much trouble with any other bosses. They'd be hard for sure, especially if I was poorly prepared, but from the Zombie in Suikoden 1 I learned never to be poorly prepared.

*Suiko 1 spoiler?*Also the duel with Teo gave me trouble. I didn't even realise to begin with that Pahn could win that one. I was always too annoyed by his semi-betrayal to take him in my party again and thusly he'd never have a chance.*end spoiler*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Zombie Dragon is definitely hard. If for no other reason than the party you have when you fight him. Five of the six are good characters (sorry Gremio), but because your eqipment and levels are so limited it becomes a challenge.

Tir: Soul Eater has no spells. All Tir can do is attack, which he is good at, but his damage isn;t as high as it would be with Black Shadow.

Viktor: Stronger attack than Tir, but if you use the Clone Rune he spends most of the battle unbalanced. This is a good time to use medicine on people, though.

Tai Ho: Good damage, no defense. The dragon's charge attack can take him down in one hit. Since you have very poor armor at this point (leather armor/karate uniform at the very best), he takes damage too easily.

Cleo: Your battle mage. With the Fire Rune Leknaat gave her she can dish out some pretty good damage, but since her level is low, she runs out of MP quickly. Leverling up in the forest of illusion can maybe get her a level 3 spell, but only one.

Camille: She's a mixture of Tai Ho and Cleo. You can give her a Water Rune for some extra healing, but even in the Forest of Illusion, she won;t gain a level 3 spell. Physically, her damage is OK, but she will get KOed easily.

The dragon is aslo very fast. In my game, only Tir, Cleo and Camille go before him. Tai Ho, Viktor and Gremio have to wait until after he has attacked to act. This makes healing very difficult. The dragon's fire breat attack can take out the whole party in three rounds and you have no way of group healing. If you give Cleo a Water Rune and level her up she may get one use of Water of Kindness, but then you lose your attack spells. In a lot of rounds I have my three fast characters scrambling to heal everyone while the slow three chip away at the dragon's HP. I find myself praying the he keeps doing the charge attack as opposed to the fire, since the charge attack always tends to go after Viktor for some reason. Viktor has more HP than god at that point, so he's OK.

I've been playing S1 for 10 years and the Dragon still gives me problems.

The Crystal Core is rough for me since I usually bring no dedicated healers. My party is Flik, Humphrey, Tir and Milia (locked) along with Valeria and Cleo. Sometimes I replace Valeria with Crowley. Cleo rips the thihg up with Rage Magic and Valeria Falcon Runes all day. The first form is a pushover since it can only do a physical attack on one target. Bring enough Mega Medicine and you'll be fine. The second forms' fore magic attack rips through the low magic people like Humphrey and Milia, and since I usually forget to bring a Water mage, things get messy very quickly. I usually don't spend any magic on the forst form, then unload on the second with eveything I have (Final Flame, Black Shadow, Raging Blow). With Crowley, a few well-timed Shining Winds can save the day.

In S2, the female form of the Mist Monster is pretty rough (for the same reson the Zombie Dragon is), as is the Stone Golem. The Golem is only tough because you have to conserve magic to fight the Neclord. Using low-level spells and physical attacks on that thing is no easy task.

Ah, Luca Blight. Humphrey with a Fire Sealing Rune can almst take out Luca by himself, but he's taken out quite a few of my backup dancers on the way to the final showdown. He likes to target the same people with his three physical attacks, and he often takes out one person a round, even if I have healers ready. I saw him take out a full-HP Miklotov in one round because the AI kept targeting him. My final party against him was Riou (Double Beat), Nanami (Double Beat/Fury - I got lucky in Muse), Luc (Wind, Earth), Humphrey (Double Beat), Zamza (Fre Sealing) and Yoshino (Water) and I took him down. Using Yoshino as a healer instead of RIou lets him concentrate on physical fighting, and he can do a good deal of damage. Her A affinity with Water magic helps, too!

In S3, I had trouble with the Boar in Thomas' quest, but for the same reason as the Zombie Dragon and the Mist Monster. You have a really good party, but you're at such low level you can't do anything. Piccolo and Thomas get flattened early, leaving Cecile to clean up. Juan usually doesn't even get woken up!

Any battle with Luc and Sarah is a tough one, just because you get hit with Breath of Ice and a Pale Gate spell before you even get a chance to respond! I've had them take out characters before they even had a chance to go!

I never really had a problem with a any of the bosses in S4.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try battling one of those giant squids in SIV (like the one near Middleport) using only sword and spear users. On my first playthrough i only had such characters and only some of them had runes with offensive spells, many potions and mushrooms later i managed to finally take down the thing to find out it was called 'Little Daisy' :*laugh*: .

So no boss really has to be hard, it depends on how (well) you are prepared for the battle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: