Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yohn (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Yohn (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up already or not, but I beat Tactics last week 2 days ago right before Christmas, and I was wondering..

In, the strangest theory, what if Yohn is like an angel or a "goddess" of some sort? and her world is a high existence of ie, a Heaven to the Suikoden world?

which is how she has the abilty to speak with the dead and spirits, that have passed on, and how Walter has able to talk with Kyril.

the concept of this world reminds me of the Elysian (sp?) Fields from Greek Mythology, where the dead go.

Maybe as Walter said, it was his orginal intent to join Yohn in her world, as in perhaps to die?

The reason why I came to this little theory is because it got me thinking, that is how Yohn was able to open a connection with what Martin,Heinz and Julius were saying, as those who have passed on into that world of existence, and how she watched over Kyril as a guardian angel figure ( not to mention the fact that she is Kyril's mother).

Maybe looking too much into this, but I wonder if the eye of the rune cannons have a connection to do with the eye things you fought when talking with Luc near the end of Suikoden III, right before you fought the wind rincar?
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bump.. anyone out there?

Mod Edit: You can't bump threads here. When someone is ready to take a stab at the topic, then they'll do so.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think so. For me she is just someone from another dimension like the dragons. And I don't think that there are gods or angels in the Suikoden World, the only things with powers like the ones of a "god" are the True Runes.

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt say gods or angels, just something equivalent to them, and who knows it could, how else can you explain why she can talk to people who are dead? and when Walter died it was pretty obvious, its spirit went on to the world that Yohn orginally came from.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yohn can speak to the dead because that is one of her gifts as a being from the World she originates from. And the spirit of all people who die seem to go to the World of Endless Nights which Yohn comes from. Nothing is special about that. Again, her ability is to speak to the dead...recall that Yuber states that even the dead tell Yuber their secrets in Suikoden 3. It seems like that ability is inherent to beings from that world. That doesn't make her an angel at all. Just an innate skill.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urn wrote:
recall that Yuber states that even the dead tell Yuber their secrets in Suikoden 3.

Hmm... I don't recall this. When did this happen? Could you be more specific?
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be hard for me to be more specific as it was Yuber's exact quote. But, I forget when it happened exactly without having the script right in front of me. I believe Yuber made this statement to one of the Alma Kinan girls when Yuber confronted them in before reaching their village. This is when The Destroyers were looking for the seal of the True Water Rune and Yuber went on ahead of them. This was Chris' chapter I believe.

Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber said that before you fight him right before you go into Alma Kinan from Chisha village. Yuiri asks how he found Alma Kinan, and he said that even the dead tell him their secrets, and Nash calls him a monster.

I was curious if there's a rune that will be involved with Yohn, which allowed her to come to the Suikoden world, like with the Dragon Rune and the Night rune. Maybe even like the Gate Rune.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Yuber said that before you fight him right before you go into Alma Kinan from Chisha village. Yuiri asks how he found Alma Kinan, and he said that even the dead tell him their secrets, and Nash calls him a monster.

I was curious if there's a rune that will be involved with Yohn, which allowed her to come to the Suikoden world, like with the Dragon Rune and the Night rune. Maybe even like the Gate Rune.

Doesn't it makes since that he question some guy and then he killed him because he's yuber? Or, am I just being stupid again? :(

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Yuber is very definitely from another world, and he very definitely said that the dead tell him their secrets. It seems to me that means that he possesses an ability similar to Yohn's. Of course, there are significant differences between the two characters...Yuber is able to speak in the "normal" world, where Yohn is not, which means that they're certainly different types of creatures. Since all the spirits of the dead seem to pass through that world (or at least, that's my understanding of it?) one could assume that it's simply an ability that they carry over from their native world to be able to speak with the dead.

In a way, that could be considered an interpretation of an angel or a demon, though I would say something less steeped in Christian mythology. The idea of being able to speak with the dead is present in many cultures. So are the ideas of "demon" or "angel" creatures, but with less inherent meaning behind them. Simply good or evil spirits from the world that the dead pass through...Yohn being basically good, and Yuber basically evil. I don't see any reason to call them anything other than what they are though.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm.. okay. For some reason, I didn't get the impression Yuber meant that literally.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the time, neither did I, and I doubt most people would have. Sure, we've always known that Yuber had some weird abilities, but he's still fairly enigmatic. We've only learned a few things about him over time that have helped us understand his powers and all that.

I only thought that Yuber probably meant that literally after they revealed Yohn's ability in Suikoden Tactics / Rhapsodia. Not even immediately, because I'd forgotten about that quote, but after people mentioned it in this thread, it got me thinking right away... I only vaguely remember that part of Suikoden III, and it's been years, but now I think that Yuber must havemeant it literally after all.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
Quote:

In a way, that could be considered an interpretation of an angel or a demon, though I would say something less steeped in Christian mythology. The idea of being able to speak with the dead is present in many cultures. So are the ideas of "demon" or "angel" creatures, but with less inherent meaning behind them. Simply good or evil spirits from the world that the dead pass through...Yohn being basically good, and Yuber basically evil. I don't see any reason to call them anything other than what they are though.

I guess you are right.

Urn wrote:
Quote:

Yohn can speak to the dead because that is one of her gifts as a being from the World she originates from. And the spirit of all people who die seem to go to the World of Endless Nights which Yohn comes from. Nothing is special about that. Again, her ability is to speak to the dead...recall that Yuber states that even the dead tell Yuber their secrets in Suikoden 3. It seems like that ability is inherent to beings from that world. That doesn't make her an angel at all. Just an innate skill.

So you are saying that Yuber and Yohn are from the same wolrd? But I heard Yuber was from the World of Emptiness.

And by the way, where you saw this name (World of Endless Nights)? They mentioned this in the game?

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The World of Endless Nights is one world that was mentioned awhile ago in a publication I believe. I meant the World of Emtpiness, so that was my mistake. But, the World of Endless Nights seems to be the world of the dead. The World of Emptiness is the land of monsters and various other creatures of the night. Perhaps these two worlds are one and the same, but I do not know for certain.

No, I am not saying Yohn and Yuber are from the same world. They may very well be from two different worlds. I am simply stating that apparently they both share the same abilitiy which suggests to me that Konami is implying that both Yohn and Yuber are from the same world. I am not trying to imply anything as they both have distinct differences as someone has already pointed out. But, the fact that Yuber mentions talking to the dead and Yohn can do this, as well, it made me tie them two together.

I do think that it is interesting that more important creatures from other worlds (not the basic monster) are seemingly popping up more rapidly in the series after what Luc said in Suikoden 3, though. The Fog Ship Guide, the Rune Cannons and Yohn. I think we are slowly being made more aware of what is truly going on and I think other worldly main characters are going to be shown more frequently throughout the series.

Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden Tactics story is just a huge mess, which doesn't explain any of the things it was supposed to expand upon from Suikoden IV. Like, where did the Giant Tree come from, and how was it that Rune Cannons were made with it? What the heck did the Evil Eyes have to do with anything? Yah yah yah, Rune Cannon muzzles and all, but that doesn't really say anything.

One of the few things that is said in the ending is that when the Giant Tree was summoned into the normal world, Yohn got swept up with it as well. By some godlike logic which he never bothers to explain, Walter came to the conclusion that Yohn was connected to the Rune Cannons because she appeared at around the same time.

Now, was the Giant Tree a huge multi-elemental monster from the World of Emptiness, and Yohn, by that definition, really a "monster" as well, although a benign, humanlike one? It would make little sense for the Giant Tree to exist in world of the dead, so it should be from the World of Emptiness. Unless there was some crazy multi-dimensional tearing and drifting, which got Yohn taken out from some totally unrelated dimension, and making even less logical sense for the storyline, we can deduce that the Giant Tree and Yohn came from the same world, as per the game says, but with all the options checked.

Now, why would Walter want to go the world of Emptiness, or the World of Endless Nights for that matter? It doesn't make any sense. None of it makes any sense. Junko Kawano's story is to be found guilty of not making any sense.

Perhaps I'm getting mixed up in the World of Emptiness stuff. Let's leave it and Yuber out of this. That would mean that both Yohn and the Giant Tree came from some other world, to which the Dome in the ending of Tactics serves as a temporary portal. The place has gotta be pretty otherworldly, and also a good place for Yohn to want to back there, for Walter want to go there, and both want to take their son with them. They can't really be some Elysian Fields for the dead, then. Obviously, Yohn is not dead, but it does seem like the passing from that world to the "normal" one requires going through death. Reading the minds of the dead would just be a bonus ability for Yohn, then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: