Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goin' down to South Park! (Lets talk Matt & Trey)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Goin' down to South Park! (Lets talk Matt & Trey) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone seen this special on Comedy Central? Its behind the scenes interviews with Matt Stone and Trey Parker, as well as a tour of the 'South Park' studio.

If there are fans of the show that havn't quite been exposed to Matt & Trey, you really got to see this, and their movies : Cannibal: The Musical, Baseketball, Orgazmo, & Team America: World Police. All of their work has the same type of sarcastic, vulgar, witty atmosphere to it. Some say they have corrupted a big portion of the today's youth but I think they are just honest entertainers, and its in fact the MEDIA that is corrupted.

Anyway this one-hour special, "Goin' down to South Park!" isn't your everyday interview with celebritys. For the entire program, Matt and Trey are sitting in a hot tub with a friend of theirs drinking martinis. The funniest thing is how they both complain about how much work they do everyday and how they never have chances to relax, meanwhile they're in a hot tub. Thats the sarcasm that I'm talking about, many over-payed comedians could never grasp this concept to the extent that these two did; well actually I should say Trey Parker is the creative drive between them while Matt Stone comes off more as the intellectual force that presents it all. They're quite a duo.

One last thing I'll add for now is near the end of this special, the interviewer asks something like:
-
Interviewer "Is it possible that most of these people who hate your work just dont 'get it?'"

Trey: "Well, WE dont get it, there's nothing to 'get!' You know, an artist cares. We... we don't give a crap!"

Matt: "Thats right."
-

I just think that fits them perfectly dont you? They dont buy into all of Hollywood's bullsh** like the rest. And whether anybody realizes it or not, my theory is THAT is their art, their message. I think I 'get it,' they simply dont care. I see them almost as idles for that.
So whaddaya' think? I know this forum has a decent fanbase of South Park and its creators, does anyone out there view them differently?
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well MAtt and Trey are freggin awesome. I love their movies and South Park is the best cartoon ever. I happened to catch half of "goin down to southpark" when I was at a freinds house. That sucks I didnt get to watch all of it. But I like them and their "we dont give a damn" attitude. I am glad they have tooken the risks they have and my hat is off to them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are one set of gods to me. I don't agree with everything they say or do, but I am amazed at how timely their South Park episodes can be. For example, the Vote or Die episode before the 2004 Presidential Election, the Kenny and the Golden PSP/debate on life support episode which aired just a few days before Terri Schaivo died, and most recently, the Beaver dam/flooding episode that ripped on the events of hurricane Katrina! Oh, and if it counts, the In the Closet episode that made fun of Scientology and R. Kelly's retarded musical saga.

These guys crack me up to the point where I'm too exhausted to laugh, but at that point, I'm able to appreciate the intelligence behind the jokes.

The only movies of theirs I've watched are Team America: World Police (unrated) and South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut. Hysterical stuff.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, I just love the episodes that are anything but timeless. It feels honorable to have seen and appreciated certain episodes like the Terry Schiavo one. Simply because in fifty years, everyone watching that one will be like "What in the hell was a Terry Shiavo??"

Since you already mentioned some of your prefered episodes, tell me what is your favorite of all time? I dont think theres already a thread for this, sorry if there is.
-
My favorite South Park of all time always will be and always has been the 'Lemmiwinks' episode. I watched it when I was under a certain influence, and it magnified how frikken hilarious that one was. In case nobody knows which one I'm talking about, its first of all the introduction to 'Mr. Slave,' Mr. Garrison's boyfriend. Hes one of the funniest characters on the show, but anyway the class jerbal gets well ... 'placed' (for lack of a better word) in Mr. Slave's rectum. Lemmiwinks has to go on an adventure through Slaves intestines and other organs. Along the way he meets memorable ghosts of characters like the 'Frog King' and 'Katattafish.' The best part is the song that plays for the theme of his journey, it reminded me of 'The Hobbit' in some ways hah.
-

Thats another thing about Matt & Trey that most people dont seem to notice, their knack for musicals. Their band, D.V.D.A. (nevermind what that stands for) was the reason they even wanted to get a start in Hollywood, but the show's popularity exploded so they didn't really care if D.V.D.A. would ever be popular. You can hear a few of the songs that they do on a couple episodes: "I am Chewbacca!!" "Little boy, you're goin to hell!" "We're gonna need a montage." are all songs by the band. Of course Trey Parker is the frontman on a guitar, while Matt Stone plays the drums. Most of the work that these two do is 100% them, with nearly all the music, and artistic influence, and the voices.

I really hope that the show keeps being funny and they dont fall into obscurity.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha...my favorite episode was the one with sea monkeys and how they combined with the sperm to make super creatures, along with Butters' "Simpsons Did It" B-story.

Best quote:(on acquiring a large amount of semen)

Cartman: Some homeless guy let me have it for free, I just had to close my eyes and suck it out of a tube.

Stan: Out of a tube eh?

I couldn't believe they got away with that line on the air.

Also the timeliness of the Ukranian gymnastic quintets mimicking the Elian Gonzalez story complete with Janet Reno...like just a couple days after it happened.

The last season with Kenny and the Golden PSP was awesome too. How they wouldn't let him die even tho he was a vegtable. This of course, poking fun at the Terry Schiavo case. The various angels talking about humans was great. "What the f*** are those people doing down there?"
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the South Park movie and thought it was funny, but to be honest, I have never seen the original series at all. I've heard it's funny, and I've laughed at people quoting it, but I've just ...never seen it. I should probably look up when it comes on, now that it's being syndicated on some broadcast channels.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That episode is a classic, Simpsons did it!! What season was that anyway, do you know Calyps0? I wonder because it did cross the line more than most and I've noticed how that show pushes the envelope more and more with each passing season.

Sophita if you like South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut then you'll like the show. I think those that like both the movie and the show are the true fans of South Park. See, I've actually talked to a lot of South Park fans and many of them hate the movie, because its a musical. I strongly suggest that you only watch the show on Comedy Central, (or of course buy some episodes) because from just a few that I've seen on UPN, I pinpointed dozens of instances where they edited something that is still shown on C.C.

It's sad really, another favorite episode of mine was butchered on UPN. Part 2 of Who is Cartman's father?, one minor thing I noticed that REALLY had no reason at all to be cut out. The scene where the doctor is giving the briefing to the boys about the severity of their situation in the hospital. At the end of his speech he says,

Doctor: "I think we'll be fine boys, don't worry the staff and I can manage... just as long as the power doesn't go out."

*Lights and life support systems flicker out*

-edited-
Doctor: "Boy, who didn't see that one coming a mile away huh?"
-edited-

I think cutting out a line from a character that lasts a whole 1.2 seconds or whatever is going too far. Not to mention, the line that you mentioned Calyps0 would more than likely be cut. Join the fight, boycott the watcing of South Park on UPN!! I know, not everyone has cable, but still...
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the movie was kinda lame. Not becuase it was a musical but it just was unfunny. The 2nd and 3rd season were the "height" of the show's popularity and looking back, those are the least funny seasons.

The farther the show goes along the funnier, and more wrong it gets. I can't watch it on anything but Comedy Central, cuz yeah...it's edited too much elsewhere.

The Anime episode was funny when they hit Butters in the eye with a throwing star and Cartman thought he was invisible so got on stage naked in front of everyone...lol

The racial jokes wouldn't fly outside of Comedy central...like the Fath + 1 episode where Cartman kept stereotyping Token cuz he was black.

Oh, and the Japanese chin-pokomon episode where the Japanese guys would turn every argument into penis debates "you Americans with large penis, us Japanese...so small"

Oh yeah, and the worse one...When Token didn't want to be the only rich kid in South Park so he wrote a letter to Forbes or something and rich people moved there but they were all famous black folk like Kobe Bryant and Will Smith...so the rest of the town didn't like that they couldn't afford to be in South Park cuz the rich were driving up prices...so they decided ghosts would scare them out of town and of course, they looked like Klan members and eventually all the rich people left and they suggested they should sell their houses and get rich themselves until it was reminded that if they get rich they'll become what they hate...and then Garrison says "Well, at least we got rid of those damn ni....." You damn well know what he said as it was a show end cut as he was saying that N-word. So very wrong.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its A Calyps0 wrote:

The Anime episode was funny when they hit Butters in the eye with a throwing star and Cartman thought he was invisible so got on stage naked in front of everyone...*laugh*

I thought the song during the battle with Craig was funnier ;)
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best South Park ever is the one where they say the S-word over 100 times....

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

162 times, to be exact. :wink:
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita Says:
Quote:
I saw the South Park movie and thought it was funny, but to be honest, I have never seen the original series at all. I've heard it's funny, and I've laughed at people quoting it, but I've just ...never seen it. I should probably look up when it comes on, now that it's being syndicated on some broadcast channels.

It should be on every night on Fox at 11:00 EST, but I don't think you're EST. It's some pretty good stuff.

I can't really say enough about the show. Where Family Guy (the most risqué show on Broadcast) only implies certain things, South Park outright says them. That they're in season 9 right now shows that they do have some staying power.

My favorite character of the four guys is Cartman, who started out kind of annoying, but really gets funny when they make him do some really evil things. For me what really makes the show are the support Characters. Stan's dad Randy is freakin' hilarious (especially in The Losing Edge when he fights everybody, but also in the recently yanked episode that had the Virgin Mary statue bleeding out of her ass). Mr. Garrison, who started out just plain Homophobic but around Season 5 came to the realization that he was flamboyantly gay, and finally, because I'll stop with the adults here, Isaac Hayes playing his bad self as Chef. All of the adults are funny, especially in groups because together they get really stupid.

The kids are also great. Kyle's Canadian brother has one of those half-heads that they give to all Canadian characters on the show. Butters is my personal favorite, because he has the best voice and always gets screwed over. Tweek is pretty hilarious too, with his constant squinting and screaming, and of course you have the handicapped kids: Jimmy and Timmy. Most know Timmy as the kid who can only say his name (and the name of his turkey, Gobbles), and Jimmy as the kid who does stand up comedy and gets laid in Erection Day. They even join the Crips in Krazy Kripples. Great stuff all around.

I can't even list a favorite episode, so here are ten.

Krazy Kripples (For Christopher Reeve and his fetus-eating)
The Jeffersons (For the noises Michael Jackson randomly makes, chmon!)
The Succubus (For the song Chef sings at the end)
Christian Rock Hard (Best ending ever)
Red Hot Catholic Love (In my opinion, the most offensive episode)
Sexual Harassment Panda (For the Panda and his dancing)
The Entity (For Kyle's cousin, and It)
Butters' Very own Episode! (I love Butters)
The Death of Camp Tolerance (Second most offensive episode, because you don't make fun of Schindler's List unless you're Matt and Trey)
South Park is Gay (actually the episode's title, everyone acts Metrosexual)

And now, I guess you'll want my favorite quote. Here I can actually pick one, from Sexual Harassment Panda, right at the beginning.

Mr. Garrison: Can anyone tell me what Sexual Harassment is? (Cartman raises his hand) Yes, Eric?
Cartman: Sexual Harassment is when you are trying to make love to a lady friend and some guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

But, there's a ton of stuff that comes close, I laughed for days when I heard that. If you watch, you know what I mean, but if you don't and are planning to start, just remember, that this show might make fun of the things closest to you (favorite targets: Christianity, The Political Right and Foreigners). However offensive it is, though, it's still usually right on most counts, and that's why I love it.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

South park is really one of the many reasons that our societies children are becoming more and more rude and violent. Its true because every kid I know can quote South Park to a T. However that said, as an adult I absolutely love the show. It is too hillarious for me to say otherwise.

I haven't seen nearly all the episodes, but I have seen a great deal of them. Some of the best ones were the Jeffersons one where Micheal Jackson and Blanket move to South Park and Cartman completely falls in love with the way that Michael runs his amusement park. There's a scene when Blanket and Michael sneak over to Kyle or Stan's house (can't remember which) where Cartman accuses Kyle or Stan of trying to take Michael away from him, so they all decide to sleep together in the same bed. There;s a small scene where Kyle or Stan imagines Cartman making out with Michael. That was too funny.

One of my other favorite episopdes was the recent one where the criticize Scientology by making Stan as the reincarnate of the guy who created the rediculous religion. They show everything that Scientology beleives in and its huillarious because its the truth. Also, Tom Cruise hides in a closet when Stan tells him he's no better an actor than Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite). So the whole Tom Cruise being gay and "in the closet" thing came to forefront and then they brought in R. Kelly to help get Cruise ot because he's "Trapped in the Closet" which if you've been living in a hole, is the name of R. Kelly's Urnban soap opera he has created. The whole scenario is beyond the definition of funny. What really unique is that Chef's voice, Isaac Hayes is a beleiver of Scientology.

Matt an Trey are comedic geniuses. I own Baseketball on DVD and I have to say it is one of my favorite movies. When you watch it once you'll leave thinking.. that kinda sucked. But I guarantee after you watch it 3 or 4 times you catch a lot more inside jokes which really make the movie the goldmine of comedy it truly is. The satyrical comedy they place in that movie is reminicent of what Family Guy and South Park is based on. They have SO many ironic situations that just seem to fall in place. Not to mention the storyline actually has a moral value to it. That is one thing I like about South Park is that through all the BS they have, there's usually a lesson to learn. You can't always say that about The Simpsons or Family Guy.

I have only sen Orgazmo once but I remember the movie was classic also. But again the hmor is directed to adults, obviously. As I remember it was about a mormon moving to L.A. and accidently becomes a big name porn star overnight. Hilarious situations ensue.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Love South Park
I love Matt and Trey

so yes, there's the fangirl bit out of the way.

my favorite episodes include the following.

Raisins - for the goth kids, peter gabriel, and so on.
Proper condom use - just BRILLIANT totally... cartman drinking dog "milk".
Fat Butt and Pancake head - Again, brilliance.
Woodland Critter Christmas the best christmas story to watch with the family - i did this christmas!
Deathcamp of tolerance
Mexican staring frog from souther sri lanka "take that you a-hole, what the f- was that!"
gnomez 1.steal underpants. 2.?, 3.profit
anything with crab people so that's southpark is gay and two days before the day after tomorrow
damien
the entity for the it and john travolta and the airport rant
stupid spoiled whore videoplayset for the pineapple.
cherokee hair tampon
they took our jobs this is gay, everybody back to the pile!
scott tenorman must die
that's just a few

Quote:

What really unique is that Chef's voice, Isaac Hayes is a beleiver of Scientology

that's why he wasn't seen at anytime in the episode...which was totally made by john and jane smith.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my fave episodes just aired tonight. Good Times With Weapons!... heeheehee.

Jimmy: Wh-wh-what's the matter, f-fellas? Are you n-ninjas, or p-p-p-p-pussies?

Speaking of Chef/Isaac Hayes, I don't recall seeing him since before the Scientology episode...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: