Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Syaries- The Woman who can't be Queen (Spoilers possible)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Syaries is probably "helping" her sister, as mentioned before. I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that she is opposed to Arshtat or the princess (is her name Limslair?). I don't think she's "evil", I think she's just worried about her sister, her nation, and what the rune is doing to her.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She does seem really concerned. In one scene she is heard asking her sister what she is doing, I think that it was during a flood of some sort. I don't see her, or any of the main characters wanting to kill either Arshetat or Limslair.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is the transcript according SARS's translation :

Quote:

Rion : Look Prince, we can see Sol Falena!
Georg : I'm a newcomer so probably don't understand but this is a pretty paltry reception for the Prince and Queen's sister.
Syaries : Can't help it, in Falena, males can't inherit the throne. As for me, well, it's a similiar situation.

If Syaries wants to take the throne, I think because she can't stand with her sister's condition. I mean who wnats to see a dear family to be ruined by rune like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a really good point. I don't really see Syaries trying to take the throne, though. I would be depressed about not really EVER being able to be Queen...especially in Syaries' situation. I mean, she's only known as "the queen's sister", not a princess, not really anything. At least the Hero is known as a Prince. That would be the only reason Syaries would want to take the throne, in my opinion, but I don't think that she's jealous. She's probably just worried.

She may get to be Queen in the end, after all. The prince and princess may hand the right to the throne over to Syaries at the end of the game. And, naturally, Falena will become an entirely different nation, and possibly with a new name.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that it will be a different name. In other Suikodens, it is known as the Queendom of Falena. I don't really think that anyone would want to change their country's name, unless there is good enough reason. Syaries would probably keep the name, but who knows if she'll be queen or not.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name is kept if it's before Suikoden II; Falena's mentioned in Suikoden II as the Queendom of Falena. (Although perhaps the new Queen/Etc does change it to Farena, as that's how Lorelai calls it in the scene with her and Killey. :p)

Also, assuming Falenian royalty is named in the the same way regular royalty aquires their titles, Syaries would still be a princess, just not first in the running for being Queen - just as Princess Margaret was still a princess, despite the fact she would never be Queen; that was her older sister's job.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
The name is kept if it's before Suikoden II; Falena's mentioned in Suikoden II as the Queendom of Falena. (Although perhaps the new Queen/Etc does change it to Farena, as that's how Lorelai calls it in the scene with her and Killey. :p)

Also, assuming Falenian royalty is named in the the same way regular royalty aquires their titles, Syaries would still be a princess, just not first in the running for being Queen - just as Princess Margaret was still a princess, despite the fact she would never be Queen; that was her older sister's job.

Most likely that Farena thing was just the japanese as when spoken in roomaji they have no L sound so they replace it with a R sound, so i doubt the name will change unless the ppl translating it to english are a bunch of idiotic monkies (and as much as im still mad with konami about making me chip and import, i havent had a screwy translation from them yet, just glitches)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to make fun of Suikoden II's uh, not-so-consistant script. :mrgreen:

...Making you chip and import? 0.o; Did they hold a weapon to your head and tell you you had to? 0.o;;

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Yeah, I know, I was just trying to make fun of Suikoden II's uh, not-so-consistant script. :mrgreen:

...Making you chip and import? 0.o; Did they hold a weapon to your head and tell you you had to? 0.o;;

no they had 'issues' that they didnt wanna reveal the specifics to the pal public, and yeah that farena thing must be just in the ntsc suikoden 2 cause mine writes it properly :P It just has that glitch with Flik and Emilia speaking for one another...i thought that was a decent ventriloquist act myself ^_^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember it being spelled wrong between anyone, but I haven't really played the game in awhile. Perhaps it was just a translation error in a game that had quite a few bad translations (Yoshino being her own husband, a cat that said Sonya, among other things).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is definately spelled wrong in the Bringing-Killey-to-Recruit-Lorelai scene in the US release of the game - And here's a snapshot of her saying it. It's spelled right the other couple of times it pops up in the game, I think, but that one being spelled with the R amused me. (Sorry for the horrendous quality of the picture; TV's aren't the easiest things to take pictures of, and cell phones are not well known for their quality picture taking. The text and scene are still pretty easily recognizable, I think.)

Good thing I had a save right before Lorelai is recruited still. ^^;

Evidently I should have left that joke out, I guess, since I'm the only one who's amused by it...^^;

My favorite Suikoden II glitch is the one where you recruit Annallee - and listen to her "sing" nothing at all for like 2 minutes. Annoying!

But anyway...Yeah, if Syaries becomes queen, she won't be changing the name of the country (unless she spells it with an R every once in a while - or Lorelai just has a speech impediment or extremely prominent accent ;) ) anytime soon.

I still think it's more likely the throne will pass to the princess before it passes to Syaries, though.

John Layfield wrote:
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Annallee not singing thing is not a glitch.

It was cut from the NTSC version of the games because, get this, she sings in a foreign language.

It was restored for the PAL release and, of course, exists in the original Japanese version.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
The Annallee not singing thing is not a glitch.

It was cut from the NTSC version of the games because, get this, she sings in a foreign language.

It was restored for the PAL release and, of course, exists in the original Japanese version.

Even more amusing is that you can still find (and rip) the songs off the game disc.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume they just removed the command string for the track to play, which would technically be deleting one line of coding, rather than attempting to erase the track completely.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know that you could have a scene between both Lorelai and Killey in the game. Most of the time, I probably recruited Lorelai before I recruited Killey.

Wow, I hope they don't have any errors like that in this game. There could be too much controversy with new fans, and Konami will never hear the ned of it.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: