Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Syaries- The Woman who can't be Queen (Spoilers possible)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Syaries- The Woman who can't be Queen (Spoilers possible) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the things about this game that has me puzzled is that Syaries mentioned that she couldn't be Queen. Why do you all think that she couldn't be the Queen of Falena?

Could it be that only a offspring could rule, or could it be more then that?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe she just means she couldn't be queen, as in she doesn't think she'd be fit for the job (thinks it's too hard or whatever). If she means though that she cannot be queen because of some rule set in place or something...I have no idea. Maybe someone else has a better idea?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um...its because her sister is Queen. It's kind of hard to become Queen when your older sister is currently sitting on the throne.

Maybe the translation from the video is a little confusing. She means that, just like the hero, she cannot be ruler because of her birth. In the hero's case, he is not a woman. In Syaries's case, she has an older sister.

^Actual quote!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not all true, Blue Thunder. Elizabeth I became queen after her sister, Mary ("Bloody Mary") died. So, if something did happen to Arshetat before she had the prince or Limslair or if Limslair also died without any more daughters, Syaries would become queen by default, since there are no other possibilities, unless there is a rebellion.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, true. But still, Syaries is saying that because of her birth, she currently isn't queen. Just like the hero, who is binded by birth.

^Actual quote!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the simpliest answer is it's kind of a long shot for her to be Queen, just like it's a long shot for Dennis Hastert to become the president before 2008 (and, really, probably ever). Not only does her sister have to die, but her niece has to die as well. Considering how well protected the Queen does seem to be (though obviously THAT doesn't last), I doubt people are thinking the Queen is going to be killed at any moment.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guardian of Fate

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, then that may be one reason why she joins the hero's group, if he opposes the queen.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there will two possibilities :

1. Because her sister is a queen and she has a daughter which is automatically the next for the throne and as far as I know about monarchy system, Syaries only have chance to be a queen if Limslair and Arshtat dead.

2. Because she is step sister of the queen. They have same father but different mother. Big twist for the plot if this is true.

As for Bloody Mary and Elizabeth, Elizabeth took the throne after Bloody Mary died.

Quote:

In 1558, upon Mary I's death, Elizabeth ascended to the throne.

Link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Act_of_Succession
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calu, your second possibility is the one that I'm leaning more towards. I think that the Hero and possibly Georg would understand that she is younger then her sister. Since the King was determined by arena battles, Arshetat's father could've won the battles and then died before/after the former Queen gave birth to her. Then she married someone else, and then gave birth to Syaries.

That could be possible, since Arshetat and Syaries don't look alike at all.

Official Smoke Bomb User

The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Time for an odd comparsion :D Syaries'position is very similar to Scar's in the Lion King. Mufasa is already king, and Simba will inherit the throne next, so Scar is just outta luck. Unless he kills them all, but that's where the similarities end. :D

The reason Syaries couldn't inherit the throne is just becuase Arshtat is the elder sister. Though if Arshtat and Limslair both die over the course of the game, Syaries will become queen.

I doubt it's anything deeper than that.

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, guys...Syaries was just making a simple comment that she isn't a future ruler because of her birth. I doubt she's plotting to kill Arshetat and/or Limslair.

As for the family resemblance, Syaries and Arshetat do bear some resemblance to each other. It's all in the chest area.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not a bad comparison at all. Been a while since I've watched the Lion King as well but the example rings true ^_^

Calupict could be right in both examples. Either way, she wouldn't be next in line to become Queen.

Now, it's all about how they mean it. Can she never become Queen unless her sister and neice die; or can she never become Queen at all no matter what happens (like Hero can never become Queen for erm, obvious reasons).

It is only the second meaning that gives about reasons for plot twists and such. There can still be plot twists of her parentage even using the first example, but if the second example is how the "never become Queen" statement is meant, then I would think there is more to be revealed.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Judging from what Syaries says it very well could be deeper than her just being the second daughter. The way she words it sounds more like it's impossible for her to inherent the throne rather than just unlikely. But I doubt she's planning to kill either her sister or her niece over it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I can't really remember the way the quote is said. It seems if there's focus on it then there probably is more to it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Syaries says it on the boat to Georg, and she says it casually.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: