Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I want Trinity Sight System back
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: I want Trinity Sight System back Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one? I think it'd be awesome if the implemented the system at certain times in the game but not totally base the game around it (because some fans can't stand it). It will make the game even more non linear, and it'll be more interesting during replays (since this game is slated to be sooo replayable). FFVI had something like Triniy Sight, when the characters were apart. You got to pick what character you wanted to play as and you went through their individual scenario. That would be so awesome in SV because the game is supposed to be so big. It'd be an excellent way to introduce places you won't be visiting for awhile.

Last edited by Himuro on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see its return as well! I thought it was an excellent device for plot, character, and setting development. It's part of what made Suikoden III my favorite RPG. If they do use the system again in a future Suikoden, hopefully they'll tweak it a little so that everyone enjoys it (like not make you return to places so many times, though I didn't mind that).

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You certainly aren't the only one. I enjoyed it quite a bit and would love to see it again. I would want control of minor characters though instead of three optional heroes. I would much rather have a definite hero for the game and then just be able to see other parts of the story through the eyes of other characters.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Imo it was a genius feature. They should add more to it make the Suikoden experience even more awesome and perfect it as opposed to scrapping it.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't want it back. They've used it once and it worked but I'd rather see something new rather than something recycled. And the only reason it worked is because there were multiple heroes which may not happen again.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I want Trinity Sight System back Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Am I the only one? I think it'd be awesome if the implemented the system at certain times in the game but not totally base the game around it (because some fans can't stand it). It will make the game even more non linear, and it'll be more interesting during replays (since this game is slated to be sooo replayable). FFVI had something like Triniy Sight, when the characters were apart. You got to pick what character you wanted to play as and you went through their individual scenario. That would be so awesome in SV because the game is supposed to be so big. It'd be an excellent way to introduce places you won't be visiting for awhile.

FFVI was also 2D and incorporated far less visual and audio data then Suikoden V will, it would be a nice addition but with gaming companies as they stand now it probably wont happen as theyre more graphics oriented. However Wild Arms 3 had something like that at the beginning so it isnt unheard of in the ps2 gen, it just seems unlikely that Konami would add that option in.

However i do see it as totally viable when Sony shift to blue ray as Suikoden still has quite a few unexplored terrains.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? It wouldn't be recyrcled if they added to it, and it's not like anyone's suggesting that it be the main feature of the game. A cameo of some sort.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trinity sight system contributes greatly to the fact that Suikoden III is my least favorite game in the series. It made the game, for me, much slower paced, and quite boring. I'd be rather pissed if it came back.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if it were to serve a much more minor role allowing you to see minor characters paths and you didn't have to use it?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Music to my ears. The Trinity Sight System was pure genius. It is the best way I've seen a story told in a game. I loved the conflicts. It was nice to see the Grassland vs. Zexen war from two perspectives. Both groups of people are human. Great dempnstration of that concept. It was also nice to see Geddoe behind the scenes so often. It's kinda fun to know he's there, but to not be able to see him.

Hawkthanatos, Konami has been recycling ideas in the numbered Suikodens. III was the first one to try a new way of revealing story. All the other ones were traditional.

And heck, what's the fun of having a main character with no voice and no emotions? Not much fun at all I think.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with Marshmallow, it was a good idea but wasn't executed very well. My main problem was that it made the game too damn long, thats not why we play Suikoden, if we want a long role playing game we play the Final Fantasies ya?

It was also very depressing to me, in the boring sense of seeing the same scenes over and over again. Did they really need to explain EVERY last detail from four different perspectives?? Thomas's and Geddoe's chapters seemed really pointless to me being third party bystanders for the whole war between Zexen and Grasslands. At the same time the only real fun I had in Suikoden III was using Geddoes team because they were the only group that appealed to me.

Maybe if they didn't dumb the story down and disect it four different ways it would've worked better, they hardly left anything to your imagination for god's sake. I think if Suikoden IV was to have multiple perspectives it should be only minor side-stories rather than starting the game over and over.

And as I said, the first two Suikodens took me 20+ hours on my first playthrough and part three made me suffer for 80 hours! Sorry to the fans of the Trinity site, I just thought it was a pile..
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Himuro - I would like to see it return. Perhaps not as a main feature (even though I enjoy it in Suikoden III) but, as he suggested, a much smaller and minor role.

I'd be nice to see the build up to the final battle, or the seige of a particular fort told through the eyes of a few people.

Different point of views is a great part of Suikoden and it'd be nice if something like this was brought back. It'd be nicer still if it was used in a sub-plot when going through a long mission to recruit a certain character.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Hawkthanatos, Konami has been recycling ideas in the numbered Suikodens. III was the first one to try a new way of revealing story. All the other ones were traditional.

The trinity sight system was an original idea, but now it's been done it's better they just leave it and try out new ideas.

Pierrot_Le_Fou wrote:
My main problem was that it made the game too damn long, thats not why we play Suikoden, if we want a long role playing game we play the Final Fantasies ya?

Ahh...na. I play Suikoden because of the story (plus almost everything else about it) and the length of the game has nothing to do with me liking it or disliking it. A longer game tends to mean more story and that's fine by me. I'm guessing you also have an Xbox. That would certainly explain the short attention span.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like longer games personally. It takes up plenty of time, and it might prevent me from being bored.

On the subject of Trinity Sight System, I thought that it was a good idea for the game.

It wouldn't be too bad if it came back, but in a smaller role then it was in the SIII.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Trinity system, as it really gives much more indepth to the storyline, but if they could, I would prefer that the gametime be shortened, for instance focusing more and giving more gametime on only 1 character, not all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: