Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Star of Destiny -- Should Phase Eight wait? Give feedba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should phase wait until this feature is implemented?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 43 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is, quite literally, nothing to stop people choosing whatever star of destiny they want. If they want to be a magician, let them. It'll effect their MAG stat positively but on the flip side, there's nothing to stop every other magician from choosing MAG. It's only a small fluctuation that will influence the direction rather than give a member a huge bonus in MAG - they're still going to have to post and be an active/productive member to improve their stats in the first place.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think as many people would pick Crowley and the like as you think. Picking somebody like Crowley means you're going to end up with crap defence, HP, skill and speed. While some members may want to forgo those stats in order to have a better magic stat (and they still need to have the right posting style) other members will pick lesser magicians so that they have certain stats better.
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can wait, besides I'm sure you guys need a breather anyway seeing as how you popped most of phase 7 out in two weeks. Kudos on that, by the way.

Julious Cezar
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I woul like to see this implemente later, after phase 8. Most nations should be ready for phase 8 by now, so it might be kind of annoiying if there would be a gap between the DoI and the first battles.
I think this would best be implemented after phase 8, so there is plenty of time for doing so, and giving nations plenty enough time to prepare for phase 9.
I look forwar to see how this new feature will work out for everyone.

Last edited by ard on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to wait until more people got in here and said what they thought. I voted Yes, but I also know that with Christmas and New Year's coming up, it's going to be hard to pin down a date for the Phase submissions and all that stuff. It all depends on how much work for you it is. So, while I did vote 'Yes', if you have the code for it all written up already and just have to post it and make a thread telling everyone what they should and shouldn't do in the process, go right ahead.

I also think that this is a pretty good idea, because it will make things more interesting stat-wise, and make the planning and tactics more challenging. Do what you will.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes because I really like the way you can truly have a say over your stats and not have to modify you personal posting style. I know that I'm an infantry unit and that having higher strength makes me more useful but I didn't want to have to post in a certain way that was unnatural to me. This way lets me pick a star that will have an affect on my stats so I can not worry about the length of my posts, not that I did alot anyways. It's also more Suikoden like, which is always good.

I also have no problem with this since the holidays are comin up and some members are going on vacation in which they won't have access to the computer(vice versa as well) and this will give them some time. I'd not want to strain your schedules at all though, so it's truly up to your descretion.

I assume this will function the same way regiment tactic effects our battle performance, only this will actually display the numbers? Also I assume you won't have a list of 108 bubbles to click only one of them. I look forward to seeing this implemented.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there have been plenty of changes for this phase already and that further changes should wait until the next phase comes. That's me.

Any change to make things 'more suikoden' as I'd like to call it, is a good thing, having a star of destiny is about as suikoden as you can get in my opinion.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have an opinion either way on when it should be implemented. As long as Phase 8's Turn 1 plans are pushed back for the holidays, that's all I care about.

I think this is a great idea though.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think anyone asked this question; when the Star of Destiny feature is introduced, will it be optional?

If there was someone who doesn't want to be part of this, or is happy with his/her stats as they are, do they have to choose one?

Or can an Administrator choose one for that member?

I know that these are kind of strange questions, but ones that have piqued my curiosity. I have an idea which star i would like to be, though :wink: . But i'll take a look and see what i like.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes, mainly because of the holidays and the possible pushing back of phase 8 anyway.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes as well. Since we'll need time for the holidays (Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/etc. all happening around the same time X_X), I don't see why we can't wait a bit more for this.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes mainly only if SARS wishes to spend the time to impliment this durring the holiday season <_<...Anyways don't work too hard on it...spend times on friends and family too ya know? :-P

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes, but a question I have about this new few feature came to mind.

Since I'm kinda new and I dont really know how stat progression works anyway, I was wondering if the higher level members wouldn't see the affects of the SOD feature as much as the lower level.

What I mean, is if stat progresson is already based on levels, and the higher level you get the more experience you need, then newer members would have an advantage with certain stat gains and could eventually surpass the older members... right? Unless of course the changes will be instant to all members, and not just when a level is gained.

Edit: Oh I didn't read that I guess, thanks PF

Last edited by Pierrot Le Fou on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be retroactive, Sars already said that, so people will be affected evenly regardless of when they joined or what level they are at.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, today's the last day for declarations. Are we delaying this phase, or what?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: