Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics PAL release date confirmed.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Tactics PAL release date confirmed. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now then, what's with Konami, Suikoden and the 23rd of February? I remember that Suikoden IV was supposed to be released in europe on the 16th of February, but it got pushed to the 23rd. Then Suikoden V and Suikoden I & II have release dates set for the 23rd in Japan... and europeans get their Suikoden goodness on the 23rd once more, now in form of Suikoden Tactics.

Oh, and the PAL release will use the original Rhapsodia boxart behind the "Suikoden Tactics" logo .
There doesn't seem to be a bigger pic at the moment though.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, this 23rd must be some anniversary for Konami or something.

Dang, everyone gets to good boxarts except for NA :(. At least we got that pic on the instruction booklet (or somewhere on the game...)

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised that it's getting a European release.

Pleasantly surprised at that. Something to look forward to in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks for brightening up my day a little bit.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is just too great...! Once again, the PAL release gets the same cover art as the Asian release, and the NTSC release gets a lesser cover. The NA cover for Suikoden Tactics wasn't even half as good as the original. Why did they change it? The original cover was awesome!

The NA cover makes it look like Kyril is giving Seneca the ol' reach around and the expression on her face just supports this.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't doubt it would come out at all. I'm very excited for this to be released now - especially with the superior box art.

It's even better that it's released on the 23rd - that's pay day!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! A PAL release is what I've been waiting for. So, by the time it reaches here in NZ it will probably be march, like Suikoden IV was. But I can wait, atleast I get to play it now. Thank you Konami!

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! A PAL release the only thing now is the damn long wait... I don't think i can wait, i might have to..to Import it from the USA and put my Swap Magic to a good cause.

*Mumbles and Grunts* Stupid 23rd of Februrary...
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm importing it so I don't have to wait for the 23rd.....Once tommorow comes I'll be playing on it. I can't stand having to wait too long for games.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny's Warrior wrote:
Yay! A PAL release the only thing now is the damn long wait... I don't think i can wait, i might have to..to Import it from the USA and put my Swap Magic to a good cause.

Ley wrote:
I'm importing it so I don't have to wait for the 23rd.....Once tommorow comes I'll be playing on it. I can't stand having to wait too long for games.

But if you have the PAL version of Suikoden IV, you won't be able to import data to get two extra characters in Tactics.

In another news, The Sword of Etheria (OZ) is going to be released on the 23rd too! Somehow the website redirects you to an error site, but if you're quick with your fingers, you should get something out of it.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay this is good news ^^ My friend in Aussie will love the news! Glad to see everyone will get a chance to play :)

-My DeviantArt-
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj wrote:
But if you have the PAL version of Suikoden IV, you won't be able to import data to get two extra characters in Tactics.

I learned that the hard way... Suikoden 4 was the only game in the series I managed to pick up off the shelf in NZ - that was fine until I realised it wasnt compatable with any of my other Suikodens including Tactics :(

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, seeing as its very likely that data transfer for Suikoden IV and Tactics are only going to be with each other, (i.e. It doesn't seem there'll be Tactics-Suikoden V or Suikoden IV-V data) it may have been worth just getting Tactics from New Zealand as well and that'd be that.

It's much worse with the first three Suikoden games as they all have data transfer options with each other so PAL players would need to import NTSC versions of all three games. And we all know the problems with buying ANY regional copy of Suikoden I or II.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj wrote:
Destiny's Warrior wrote:

Ley wrote:

Damn, i never actually thought about that... Hmm, i'll still import it though and just buy the PAL version later to import the data.

Yes i know!! It's a stupid idea. *Goes on to Ebay...*
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that stupid, I've got an import and I'll probably get the PAL release too eventually. Plus the PAL release really does have better boxart!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Well, seeing as its very likely that data transfer for Suikoden IV and Tactics are only going to be with each other, (i.e. It doesn't seem there'll be Tactics-Suikoden V or Suikoden IV-V data) it may have been worth just getting Tactics from New Zealand as well and that'd be that.

It's much worse with the first three Suikoden games as they all have data transfer options with each other so PAL players would need to import NTSC versions of all three games. And we all know the problems with buying ANY regional copy of Suikoden I or II.

Thing is I'd imported all my Suiko games ever, and while I was surprised to see GS4 in a store here ( and hence bought it ) I totally forgot about the region issues. So long as no more games have data xfer from GS4 I should be fine! (sweatbead)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: