Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The official Harvest Moon topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always go with Karen or Elli,by the way who in the heck is Maria????
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
I always go with Karen or Elli, by the way who in the heck is Maria????

There is no one named Maria in the Harvest Moon games (maybe) but I think Queen Sophita meant Mary the librarian girl.

The only Harvest Moon game I ever played is Back to Nature though I bought Friends of Mineral Town but never continued playing it after I tried it for the first time, Back to Nature was a really fun and addictive game, and I used to play it for over than twelve hours a day with enjoying every moment of it.

The game has a very beautiful story with a lot of things that you discover every time you begin playing it, a vast number of characters with different personalities and things they like and dislike, a lot of fun mini-games, a pretty good graphics and music, and many things to do without getting bored.

I played this game more than two times with every time getting to marry Ann the tomboy, the first time I had to marry her because the other girls were married before I could raise their hearts rate (I didn't like her that much at the beginning), the second time I had to marry her because I found that she was kind of cute, the third time was because I couldn't live with any other one beside her (I fell in love :mrgreen: ).

Anyway, this game is one of my favorite ones on the PSone that made me really cling to it and love it as time passes, and too bad Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral isn't as half good as it's previous ones.

I tried to play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for girls after I bought it without knowing that it was in Japanese (I bought it three times because the seller was dumb enough to tell me that it is in English), but I guess it didn't work that much for me :) .

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
Harvest Moon 64 & Back to Nature are where it's at.

Yup that harvest moon was the BEST EVER the playstation 2 one sucked like crazy ma!n! you couldn't even marry anyone it sucked...

hehehhehe
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Playstation 2 version does indeed suck and is far from the best game ever made or anything close to that. It is not a completely terrible game for that matter but when compared to the other games of the series it was rather lacking in most of the categories. You can all look on the bright side of things and know that they have already made in Japan a remake of Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life for the Playstation two. It's going to be an extended edition with the ability to continue the game after the scheduled period of story is done and another girl you can marry. Unfortunately right now there are no confirmed plans to bring the game to North America but there is always hope but that is not the end of the good Harvest Moon news folks. It has been confirmed by sources that a new Harvest Moon game is already in the works but of course being in the early stages no one really knows anything about it.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh!!! Dammit, didn't know this topic was here. My favourite at this point has to be the GBA version of back to nature. The 64 version would probably follow as close second. Awesome game though.....mind you it gets real easy with the harvest sprites doing all the work for you hehe.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You didnt even know this topic existed until after I bumped the topic up? Obviously you dont spend enough time looking for topics that interest you enough to post in and you have a valid comment to add further back in the section. Thats where the key to getting good post numbers and continued posting rather than sitting back waiting for things to happen. If you cant think of a good topic to create then you can just revive an old topic that you are interested in.

Anyways back to the topic. So Lord Bishop Fang, you like the gameboy advance version the best? So I take it that if you had the playstation one version you would like that best because the GBA version is basically a dumbed down version of Back To Nature. Ok I wouldnt really say a dumb downed version but merely down graded so it could be put into a gameboy advance cartridge. I've played both the gba version and the playstation version and I must say Back To Nature is far better obviously.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:

Ugh!!! Dammit, didn't know this topic was here.

It was in the Community Forum before. I moved it.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sir Filipe wrote:
You didnt even know this topic existed until after I bumped the topic up? Obviously you dont spend enough time looking for topics that interest you enough to post in and you have a valid comment to add further back in the section. Thats where the key to getting good post numbers and continued posting rather than sitting back waiting for things to happen. If you cant think of a good topic to create then you can just revive an old topic that you are interested in.

*Looks at my post count* *looks at yours* Nuff said!!!

Not really. I played the ps verison too and the only thing that PS has improved on is the graphics. I prefer the 2D as its easier to move around and it just looks more authentic.

Thanks for moving it Iscalio. I never really go past the first page though in any forum though heh.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know thats odd on the Harmonian forum I was sure you were the one that was saying something about how post count doesnt matter at all? This is a forum about discussion and thus creating discussion is the most important thing of all and if you go and ressurect a new topic it's always good. If only for the fact that it might get other people to notice and to keep posting and getting us all discussing all sorts of things.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh! I love the Harvest Moon series. I still haven't played the newest one for Gamecube, but I have Friends of Mineral town for the GBA and the one for playstation. How does the one for Gamecube stack up? It looks really good!
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm yet to play the Gamecube version myself but apparently there are a few extras you get in "Friends of Mineral Town for GBA" once you connect the two. I really want to try that out and get the summer beach house. 8)
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big Harvest Moon fan. Anyone who sees my file on Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) will find that out, really fast haha. I've played the GB original, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, GBA, and Cube installments. I enjoy all of them, but notably the PS1 or GBA version the best. It has a lot of everything, putting emphasis on relationships but not making them so crucial (Save the Homeland) or so simplistic (A Wonderful Life).

I mean the GC one forces you to get married, to one of three choices. Yawn. I had her in marriage level by mid Summer, which is kind of sad. Also the Cube one takes away too much from farming. The animals are just a pain to look after, and growing crops is a generally futile effort until you get a ton of S class seeds. Ugh, so frustrating. Take the gameplay of the PS1/GBA version, give it the Cube's look, and that's what a true HM game should be if you ask me.

That's all I got for now. Not really in the mood to post, haha =P But yeah, big HM series fan here.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a Maria... she's the original librarian girl in the SNES version.

I started with the SNES HM which I though was pretty innovative, until I played 64. Godliest of godly games T^T I just love how things keep happening, even after you married. I love the fact that your wife did stuff for you (like Karen 'helped' with the gardening and such). In the PSX version, they don't.... it was the blandest one of them all. (Not just because your wife doesn't do your chores.)

I usually marry Elli or Karen. So cute *u* The jewelry-making was fun... Ann and Popuri are the most challenging for me. I still like leading the girls on XD
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha, check this out Rocky. I made Karen go up to a RED heart, and all the other girls to BLUE before Summer. This is in addition to EVERY single upgrade, well aside from the items unavailable until later stages such as the expansions for the kitchen. I also upgraded ALL the tools to Mystrile and I tilled the ENTIRE field as well as planted it all and got 8 chickens, sheep and cows.....and made REALLY friendly with the Sprites....all before the beginning of AUTUMN on my first year.

The Harvest Sprites do WONDERS and my dog can run for more than half a bar to catch a Frisbee now hehe. I've also got all three of the makers (mayo, yarn and cheese). Now you tell me who LOVES this game. :mrgreen:

Oh I forgot to mention.......I also have the Gem of the Goddess as well as the French fry recipe.

Just for the heck of it here are some of my stats. Its currently 23rd Autumn on the first year.

436,245 G
4 Power berries + the blue one.
Dog with 9 Hearts
Horse with 10 Hearts
8 of each animal
49 Recipes
801 Chicken Feed
870 Cow Feed
999 Logs
Full Hearts on ALL the Sprites (and most hearts on most of the animals)

Stats for the seasons:

Spring +300,671G
Spring — 202,500G

Summer +347,184G
Summer — 284,760G

Autumn (thus far) +492,970G
Autumn (thus far) -217,820G

I've also got 10 of EVERY vegetable available up until now except for Cabbage, Pineapple and Sweet Potatoes of which I have 60 of each.

I consider this play through VERY good. Any further ideas, hints or tips?
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see how such monetary totals are possible, especially a net of 100k+ in the first Spring. Explain how you did it, please =) I sense Gameshark.. =P :mrgreen:

Edit: Okay, we talked, he used the Goddess Game Show (pretty sneaky) and gained a ton of money to start with. No wonder he did so well. Clever Lord Bishop, I will have to keep an eye on you XD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: