Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Their Star.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

Potch
Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No woman can resist my charms (after several failed attempts)...

Here she is!

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LNVF5QVZRM933RCWCIR0SPS6D

Eh, Couldn't upload them all at once during the night, which means I'll be uploading the remaining ones up to 12 and beyond, but only 4 left so they will be down by then...

EDIT:
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DMDWSRRLCDKO1UHAYQZQZUQ1A

Here's the first, three left, I don't know if I will manage it by my time zone's 12....

EDIT2: Eh, there was some error in application (yousendit's fault not my connection's in this case), so it seems the rest will be well in the New Year I'll probably upload all the remaining ones with another upload site tomorrow.

EDIT3:
Well, it worked this time so here are the remaining three.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UOEZBW8GO8LZ24OUIILIC2X1I

That's it for me John; I can only handle some of Axiose's stuff like the Saturn Booklet and the SIV Art Book, and just let me know if I can help in any other way.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brilliant, thank you! These are all going to be very useful to me and the site.

If there's anything I need from those two sources, I'll let you know. Thanks again.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for my contributions...well...I have a fully working computer now except for when it's connected to the internet which causes it to crash.

I will be scanning as soon as humanly possible.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Ax-King.

Hardly big site news but there's a new Coming Soon splash.

You'd think I'd be better off putting my energies into doing actual site content wouldn't you? Well... shut up.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

Potch
Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was here doing nothing, so I remembered about your site John Layfield. I rushed to see it because I tought it was going to open at Januray 06. Then when I got there it was Januray 2006. Duhh! :?

But anyway, I'm hoping to see the site. I think it will be a great one.

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, bro. Sorry to get your hopes up, though. :wink:

Anyway, just posting for a little update. All of this relates to my own contributions as I'm not really keeping close tabs on everyone else.

Biographies are progressing slowly but surely. I'm only doing the Suikoden I entries, for the most part, right now but around 50% of those have been finished.

The atlas has stalled while I await new scans, however, I'd estimate it at around 40% complete at present.

Runology is only around 25% complete in terms of rune listings as I've managed to trail off into creating graphics for the site. Banners, maps and so on.

Discussion with Blue Thunder has meant a forum is likely. There is the possibility of, yes, some form of war game although the use of Suikoden nations would be where the similarities begin and end with the one here.

No other sections are planned to be ready for the opening of the site. That may change however if we're given some good ideas.

Finally, I'm requesting further help with site information. Fact is, I've been working pretty hard on information on the site and this combined with my declining health (I seem to be coughing up a lot of red lately) means that I would really appreciate the load being lightened in some way. BT is already working flat out on Suikoden III bio entries and I will ask no more of him while Axiose and Arenegeth have been major graphics players so if you want to help then drop me a line either here or in PM, thanks.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JBL wrote:
I seem to be coughing up a lot of red lately

You should quit that.

If there are any menial tasks that need to be done, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out. I cannot guarantee much, but I'll do what I can.

Spears of the Sand

Potch
Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i too will try to help,not sure what i can do though, just ask and you shall receive. hmm unless the red stuff is jam, id lay off the workload for a bit, im sure no one would mind if you held back the opening a little bit if it meant you didnt choke on your own congealed blood, well maybe sin, but he's so delightfully evil.
Arenegeth

Potch
Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Take it easy John health comes above all else, so don't push your self too hard.

Eh, I will be uploading some wallpaper's and Icons found on the second disc of the Rhapsodia Soundtrack in this thread, check them out for the site if you don't have them already.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm willing to help with whatever menial labor you need, John. I can't draw worth a crap, but I can probably write something up in a jiffy. ^_^

And dude, coughing up red stuff...not a good thing. Take it easy, John! And go see a doctor if you haven't yet, for goodness sakes.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm John, it souds like you've got what I had, albiet a bit more extreme (unless it's an existing illness that's flaring up again) - in either case take it easy.

I'll be scanning the books soon enough ish. I'm sorry for the continual delays and such but they will be done.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What needs to be done for the Runeology section? And did any one of those scans that Arenegeth put up have the 108 stars for SIV? Because I'm looking for some characters that aren't on suikosource.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all the offers of help, peeps, but don't get too worked up over my health. I always see the doc when things like this happens. If I didn't, people may be commending my bravery in not whining about it, but it wouldn't do much good for me.

More updates, hoorah!

First a big thanks to Arengeth's Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia scans and files which will be a huge help to Island Nations Federation and Kooluk Empire sections of the site!

Which is really good timing because last night I was working on... oh, yes, indeedy, the Island Nations Federation and Kooluk Empire sections of the site. Funny how things can work out, eh?

Anyway, I note that while I asked for help I never actually said what I needed help with. So, here's a short list of what we're struggling in at the moment.

Biographies
I'm working on Suikoden I, Blue Thunder is working on Suikoden III. That leaves two main games, one Tactics, two Gaidens and a host of Japanese publications. Anyone willing to do a certain number of bios will get a big hug from me.

Note however that characters like Clive, Loreali, Luc and so on appear in Suikoden I so they all fall under my domain. So, if you're interested in Suikoden II, remember that you'd be working on those whose first appearance was in that game, people like Luca Blight, Georg Prime, Killey and so on.

Whether you want to work on an entire series or just a few select characters, just let me know so that people don't get into conflicts over doing the same characters. Detail is key in these biographies, their past, reason for doing whatever they did and what happened to them when the game ended or they simply died along with those useless facts you love to know anyway.

Articles
Articles are always welcomed of any length and subject as long as it's Suikoden related. Whether it's a serious look at a game, a light-hearted piece about some characters or just a general rant over some aspect of the series, I'll take them all. Remember, the key to a good article is to make someone stop and go "Did they really just say that?!". An ideal I apply with enthusiasm in my posts. :P

Runology
Runology is what it sounds like, a catalouge of all runes, True or otherwise, revealed to us so far in the game. I don't feel this section needs much help as most entries only need a line or two. (Really, how much can you write about, say, the Clone Rune, anyway) However, if your heart lies in the runes of Suikoden, then be all means get writing. Remember, however that entries A to F have already been completed.

Images
We all like the standard official artwork, really. However, it's overused by now and so this site is commited to using lesser known images. So if you have some rareish Suikoden images that aren't the standard potraits available everywhere else, please submit them. Fanart is only accepted if it's your own work.

Ideas!
Any ideas of additional sections or features on the site are more than welcome. Rest assured, full credit will be given to you if you pitch an idea for something that's later incorporated into the site.

Oy, that's a lotta lotta reading. So, to entice you all to volunteer... dance, Millie, dance!

P.S. Hawk, I have full pictures of all 108 Stars of Destiny in Suikoden IV, so PM me what you need.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I'll take on Suikoden 2 character bios as well. And the Suikogaiden bios, though my knowledge of them is strained from not being able to understand Japanese.

Edit: Though, I should note that while I'll be willing to make every Suikoden character entry possible, my schedule is holding me back, so feel free to get help from anyone that offers it ^_^

^Actual quote!
AA

Spears of the Sand

Potch
Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im willing to write some articles, thats something i can do, all of my post high school education was towards that end (the fact i now work in a factory now is irrelivent :roll: )

just need a little help thinking of topics (i always find topics the hardest) some suggestions would bereally heplful, but nothing too indepth about suikoden III or the gaidens since i havent played them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: