Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Character in Suikoden Tactics (possible spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coop's low speed was a down point, i concur. But he makes a good tank, kind of like Humphrey. So if you want to tyri him out again, go ahead.

Highwind wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Mounting Millay (okay, that sounded dirty) is a bad idea! You lose her Parry skill if she's riding on a Kangacorn! Also, a Counter Rune really helps a lot. I don't find the Viper Rune very useful, so I just switched it out.

Ehehe...yeah, i kind of figured that out later. While i would agree about the Viper Rune, it did work out quite well with Jeremy for me. The Viper bite thing was quite useful with the instant death Effect. But i wouldn't put that on Millay. I'll have to keep on using her.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had to choose, it'd be Lazlo(I named him Shin though). He almost never left my party after I got him. For some reason, Lazlo has been the one who could kill the most monsters, in one hit. His attack was high, he had great speed, and good accuracy. The few times I did use his runes would be for any winged enemies. Lazlo was just great to have around, and I love his combination attacks with Kyril, Kika and Snowe. I liked the conversations he would have with everyone, like the ones with the Old Knights or Flare. He seems pretty wise. I kind of wish he had more conversations with Kika, or Lino though. The most I've gotten was from Kyril, Snowe and Flare. Most of his conversations seem casual, but at the same time I liked them. I think the ones with Flare seemed to show Lazlo's maturity the most. I was hoping to see a REST conversation with him at some point. However, I never found it as of yet.

Out of the new characters, I'd say this is hard. I pretty much like them all, but I liked Roget and Kyril best. Although Roget was the enemy at the time, I couldn't help but like his accent. I think his best quote was when he said "Damn yooouuuuu..." After I defeated him, I too wondered if Roget was recruitable. I forgot about it actually, and didn't think of trying with Kyril. When I found out, I had to replay it to recruit him. And I was glad I did. The conversations with him are entertaining to read. Such as his conversations with Andarc and Coop. He can be cocky yes, and probably irrating to be in RL. However, this is what I liked about him. It wasn't even just the accent, it was the way he'd put some attitude into what he says. Like most people I was fooled by him not being a mage. His clothing made him look like an archer, kind of the same way Paula is. In battle, Roget is pretty good, and I'd probably use him more in the next game.

Kyril I like both personality wise and battle wise. Kyril has always been a kind and polite person. Which he's been since the beginning of the game. When I first saw him, I assumed he was going to be a little brat. Yet he seemed polite even towards people who are rude to him. So this added towards my liking to him. What I like about the way his character was done in Tactics, is the fact he can't kill any of the fish monsters. I found myself irrated at first, but then I realized this adds to the realism of him being emotionally scarred. So it's more believable Kyril can't really hurt one of these creatures. When Kyril over comes this, you know why he can kill them. As for battles, Kyril isn't really good at first. However, his abilities do grow, and become better. Like Lazlo, Kyril was able to kill most monsters with one hit, but his accuracy was lower then most. It frustrated me when he had a 75% chance of hitting, and he misses. However, after he got his last rune slot, he was a lot more useful. He was able to take a dragon on his own. The only aspect I don't like about him, is probably his voice. When I first played it, I thought, okay, he's a little boy. Of course he'll have a high voice. Few years later...he still has that same voice. The voice acting is done well, but it's just not the tone I'd him. It just sounded too young for him. Maybe this is just me, but I imaged Kyril having a voice similar to Keneth or Lalzo. This voice in particular, just doesn't suit him for me.

Honorable mentions:
Corselia, she seems so mature for someone her age. I didn't like her voice at first, but it grew on me. I didn't use her in my main party, but I still train her.
Tristian(sp?), this guy just makes me laugh. I love his conversation with Yu, and he's great in battle. I often used him as a target for golems to hit with their arms. Since he's strong enough to handle it.
Snowe, after reading his conversations with Lazlo, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It felt like he was being too hard on himself, when he really shouldn't. The later conversations were better though, and did show he was getting more and more comfortable around Lazlo.
Coop, I liked the fact he was willing to listen to himself instead of Heinz. When he protected Corselia, this was when I started liking him. I knew he probably wouldn't go through Heinz's plans, but I had my doubts. Coop is also good in battle, he usually does smash when I use him.
Yu, love having him in battles. Saves me money from buying mega medicines.
Seneca, like her personality. She seemed like the big sister of the group. She was useful in battle as well.
Andarc, maybe not as good of a mage as Simeon or Jeanne, but I liked using him none the less. I liked his conversations with Seneca, they were just fun to watch.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Like most people I was fooled by him not being a mage. His clothing made him look like an archer

Heh. That too, but I didn't think of him being an archer until I saw that he was among the fastest characters period, and I thought, "An archer would work just as well as a fighter."

And yes, he does have that look. He's just CUTE though and I love his snark.
Jillia

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who wants to know the age of Roget? I've got the Rhapodia Book and there they say that he is 24.

The voice of Kyril irritated me too. It sounds so young. Okey, he is only 18 but on the Artwork he looks much older I think. But I really like him. He's strong and nice and cool and he got the gorgeous eyes I've ever seen.

I like Milley and Rita too. They were my favorites in Suikoden IV. But I don't like the new clothes of Milley.

Simeon is cool too. He is the one who remindes me of Luc, not Roget. And Luc is the best Suikoden Character ever ^_^ for me

I wish I can get Lazlo and Snowe but I've only got the NTSC Game of Tactics and the Pal Game of Suikoden IV. So I've got no data to load. I like this two a lot.

My english is really bad I'm sorry
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Who wants to know the age of Roget? I've got the Rhapodia Book and there they say that he is 24.

What? That's older than I thought. I had him pegged as being anywhere from 16-21 with 18 being more of the "bullseye" age. Guess he just looks and acts younger. Makes it easier for a pairing I had in mind though. Heh.

I think Simeon is too polite and formal to be like Luc. Plus, Simeon is obviously a water mage. Maybe a little similar to Sarah. Oh well, it's an interpretive thing. Luc is certainly among my best, but Roget is trumping him, if he hasn't already. I'm a sucker for big personalities and Roget's seems HUGE.

My 3721482479 cents.
Jillia

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He reminds me of Luc because both are cute mages *smile* Thats all. Not the personality. Simeon is too nice.

I forgot to say that I like Cedric in Tactics. He saves me often in the Obel Ruins ^_^

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite character in suikoden tactics is easlly Jeremy because he has gets good skills ....and his stats are among more even people and he looks really calm and cool

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my faorite character is also Jeremy because of those faqs...... but i also believe he is a good warrior because he becomes a well knwon warrrior in the knigdom of obel......he will fight with his sword till death
moshimochi

Azure Sky

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite character for SuikoTactics is Sigurd, Hervey, Mitsuba, Jeremy, Lazlo, & Kika :mrgreen: cause they have interesting story and useful on battle as well 8-)

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as for me...definitely is Kyril and Lazlo!!!both are powerful player!!! :mrgreen:
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I have to chalk down Nalleo for this one too. Mostly for battle purposes. When I heard of Tactics, I had hoped that he would be a fighting character, and indeed he became one, and a great one at that too. He looks like a major underdog, but he pretty much ruled it. He has THE highest STR in the game at Level 50 (not sure if Lalacle beats him), and has great supporting stats to accompany that (SKL and LUK for Smash/Critical Hit, SPD for obvious reasons). My only beef is that he wouldn't be able to use the Sword of Cyclone spell effectively because of his low MAG, but I think he's much better off using the Gozz-Balance combo.

The little boy grew up so fast, and he's definitely something to be proud of. lol

ETA: He's got the highest HP at Level 50 too! Hot damn!!!
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Okay, I have to chalk down Nalleo for this one too. Mostly for battle purposes. When I heard of Tactics, I had hoped that he would be a fighting character, and indeed he became one, and a great one at that too. He looks like a major underdog, but he pretty much ruled it. He has THE highest STR in the game at Level 50 (not sure if Lalacle beats him), and has great supporting stats to accompany that (SKL and LUK for Smash/Critical Hit, SPD for obvious reasons). My only beef is that he wouldn't be able to use the Sword of Cyclone spell effectively because of his low MAG, but I think he's much better off using the Gozz-Balance combo.

The little boy grew up so fast, and he's definitely something to be proud of. *laugh*

Well Nalleo's prologue in Suikoden IV did say he became a legendary pirate so I'm not too surprised to hear that he is so strong.

Last edited by Holy Paladin on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to keep my eye on him from now on. Naello, eh?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lazlo, common people his rune is asome, he talks and his unite with Kikia saved me 10,000 of times.....

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Paladin wrote:
Highwind wrote:

The little boy grew up so fast, and he's definitely something to be proud of. *laugh*

Well Nalleo's prologue in Suikoden IV did say he became a legendary pirate so I'm not too surprised to hear that he is so strong.

Really? I must have missed that. Or I must have forgotten. Either way, surprising or not, he rocks my socks y'all, fer sher!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: