Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

List of changes from Phase 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scenario: Region A launches attack against Region B, Region B launches Raid on Region A.

What happens with defenses of the regions? Sinse an "attack" of sorts is being launched by both sides would

A: Battle be combined
B: Region A fight at Region B while a seperate Battle for the raid occurs on region A

1: Region A loses defense against raid because attack is launched from there
2: Region A still has defense because its only a raid
3: Region B loses defense since raid was launched from there
4: Region B still gets defense bonus since it wasn't a full attack on region A

Or am I way off on all the selections...

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raids and normal battles will be separate. They can't be combined.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about the defense thing. If a nation attacks a region that launches a raid does the "defending" region lose the defense bonus?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, they don't lose the defense bonus, because raids are separate from normal battles.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can one region be raided and attacked in the same phase?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is a good question which I havn't thought about. However, I just thought about it, and logically this should be allowed.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few other questions:

1. Are Protectorates added into the number of regions owned in the national rankings?

2. Do protectorate supply lines count as supply lines when connected to other regions?

3. Can you attack from a protectorate?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. From counting the regions in the national rankings, I'd have to say yes.

2. Yes.

3. I would assume so, but not 100% sure on that.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theoretically, could a Nation raid itself and not feel the reprocussions? In other words, if you had three extra Politic Points, could you stage a raid from yourself in order to gain potch and whatnot? I don't see why you would, but in theory, could you? I doubt this is possible (though it makes sense for you to be able to raid your own nation, not feeling the consequences might not make as much sense) but I'm asking for curiousity's sake.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can only raid an enemy
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well of course it would only make sense that you can't go, and attack your own region, because then that would be pitting your own units against each other. This would be a result especially if they instilled units set out to defend against these raids, like you had to set someone out type of deal. Wouldnt you then technically be fighting against yourself? Of course that wouldnt make the least bit of sense, but I suppose things just happen to work out that way in the end. I happen to like this whole raid idea, because it makes things a bit more interesting with the war system, however considering it would be a raid, is it logical to announce it in plans? Wouldnt really be any kind of a raid would it, if they could plan for it accordingly, Thats just my take on it anyway, but you know that I am right on this. But I suppose that things work however anyone wants them to, so have fun with that one folks because it could turn out to be a real doozy.

I havent seen any real effect to how my stats are increased, so I cant really make any comment on the issue as of yet. So we shall wait, and see. At that time of course I will make commentary accordingly when i notice some effect on it.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

however considering it would be a raid, is it logical to announce it in plans? Wouldnt really be any kind of a raid would it, if they could plan for it accordingly, Thats just my take on it anyway, but you know that I am right on this. But I suppose that things work however anyone wants them to, so have fun with that one folks because it could turn out to be a real doozy.

Well... you have to keep in mind that this is still a game, so it's really difficult to get around the fact that SARS kind of needs to know since he well runs the game. For raids to even exisit has to go through him, and he needs to know.. well because they would be finding out sooner or later I suppose..

Quote:

I havent seen any real effect to how my stats are increased, so I cant really make any comment on the issue as of yet. So we shall wait, and see. At that time of course I will make commentary accordingly when i notice some effect on it.

I havn't really either? But I dont' think SARS has done anything to the forum as of yet.. Or I thought he was still messing around with stuff first before he does anything noticable with the stats.. who knows maybe he did something.. but I guess I havn't seen anything..

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The stat changes havn't gone into effect yet, but they will be.

You do need to declare you choice of raid in your declaration of intent as the enemy you're raiding needs to send units to try and stop your raid.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
That is a good question which I havn't thought about. However, I just thought about it, and logically this should be allowed.

Ah, but then who's stuff are you taking? If nation A is raiding territory 10 of Nation B, and Nation C battles Nation B for territory 10 and wins. Who does nation A face - nation B or nation c?

Also, are the raids deducted out of a nation's coiffers, or is it "discovered" (for lack of better word) money, ala the explorations?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be Nation B, because battles happen simultaneously. By the time nation C wins, the raid would be over.

And yes, raids are will actually damage the attacked nation's potch/soldier, etc count.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: