Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III: Chapter One Timeline

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III: Chapter One Timeline Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since nobody seems to have seen this in the other topic, I thought I'd officially post it here. The first chapter of Suikoden III seems pretty simple to understand at first. But if you think about all the events and when they happen, things start to get a little confusing.

After going back and playing through most of everyone's Ch1. I found that Dupa was at the Great Hollow when Geddoe arrived, and was also present when Zepon's death was discovered. After thinking real hard about this, and organizing my thoughts, here is what I believe to be the timeline of the first part of the story (when I mention only a character's name, I mean them and their party):

DAY ONE:
-Chris arrives at Brass Castle and bumps into Hugo. She then meets with Dupa from the Lizard Clan who confirms the truce and tells her where/when it will take place.
-Hugo bumps into Chris at the Brass Castle, then arrives at Vinay Del Zexay. He is forced to wait to deliver his message.

DAY TWO:
-Hugo goes off and helps Melville, which takes the remainder of the day.
-Geddoe leaves for the Great Hollow (evidenced by the fact that some townspeople speak of seeing a Karayan boy around earlier).

DAY THREE:
-Hugo returns from helping Melville, but must wait another day.
-Chief Zepon is assassinated. Both Geddoe and Dupa know of his death.

DAY FOUR (DAY):
-Hugo finally delivers his message.
-Dupa leaves for the truce meeting, and is accompanied by a "secret" Lizard army.
-Geddoe leaves the Great Hollow.

DAY FOUR (EVENING):
-Truce meeting takes place.
-After the truce has been settled, Dupa orders Lizards to attack the knights (the fact that the Lizards "appear out of nowhere" could be explained by their underground tunnels, however Salome claims they have mapped them all out. The Lizard armies were probably in hiding, and Dupa let the truce happen to "surprise" the Zexens and make his revenge more sweet).
-Lucia, having no idea what is going on, assists her fellow Grasslanders, the Lizards.

DAY FOUR (NIGHT):
-Word of the attack reaches Vinay Del Zexay, and the remaing knights go after Hugo to learn details. However, Hugo escapes and heads towards Karaya Village.

DAY FIVE (DAY):
-Geddoe arrives at Karaya village.
-Hugo continues to travel to Karaya.
-Chris and Grasslanders continue to fight for the remainder of the day (as most large battles do). It takes her a while to escape to Karaya.

DAY FIVE (EVENING):
-Hugo is nearing Karaya when he sees smoke.
-Chris escapes from the battlefield and travels to Karaya.

DAY FIVE (NIGHT):
-Karaya village is attacked by the Knights of Zexen. Lulu is murdered.

I've compiled this timeline based on the settings (times of day, distances between locations realisiticly) as well as from talking to townspeople. Unless anyone can spot any major holes, this is what I will hold as the actual timeline for this part of the game.

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't there already a thread exactly like this?

The Dupa thread...
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but the thread is basically dead. Besides, I wanted to get this critiqued and fact-checked, for confirmation.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm.. I've thought about chapter's time frame myself although i didn't bother to pen it down, and reading yours, i personally find it pretty accurate. I only have one comment...

Quote:
DAY FIVE (EVENING):
-Hugo is nearing Karaya when he sees smoke.
-Chris escapes from the battlefield and travels to Karaya.

I suppose you should place the Chris escapes from the battlefield and travels to Karaya before Hugo nearing Karaya since there shouldn't be smoke before Chris arrives.

I suppose you could make it something like Chris continues the battle with the Grasslanders while preparing to make an escape during Day 5 (DAY) and arrives in Karaya village at evening and starts attacking, while during evening, Hugo sees smoke and arrives at the village at night after which Lulu gets killed and the attack of Karaya is concluded.

You could also add in Geddoe's part and mention him fighting Borus while Chris kills Lulu.

So i suppose it's something like

DAY 5 (DAY)
- Geddoe arrives at Karaya
- Hugo continues to travel towards Karaya
- Chris continues the battle against the grasslanders while preparing to leave for a suprise attack on Karaya

DAY 5 (EVENING)
- Chris arrives at Karaya and starts setting the village on fire and attacking
- Hugo nears Karaya and sees smoke

DAY 5 (NIGHT)
- Geddoe VS Borus
- Hugo arrives and Lulu gets killed by Chris
- Chris meets up with Borus and attack on Karaya concludes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: