Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Hated Suikoden Moment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The whole fruit deal was an encoded conversation. The fruit guy was one of Geddoe's informants.

The mistery guy in the room at the inn was none other than Salome, informing him about the whole deal with Budehuc's rebellion, which is why Geddoe's team sectretly helps Thomas to fight the Zexen soldiers under Durabum's orders... I think...

All the way to the edge of this world
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Alseid, I got the same impression. In fact, that bag held a note from Salome. That calerian guy even called Salome a pest or annoying hehe :)

My most hated suikoden moment is when someone forces their way on my party without a good reason. I could understand Viktor coming with me to fight Neclord (since it was probably more like me going with him), but Nanami, Sgt. Joe and Gremio drove me crazy. I was so happy during suikoden 1 and 2 when they stopped automatically joining my party, if they didn't stop, I would've killed them :)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sI-the wheel of stupidity *excalibur's choice* and kraze...garrr!
sII-jowy's betrayal and gorudo, period-what a horse's...
sIII when crack boy luc takes ged's rune...wanted to kill the little wuss myself.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, I cannot agree more about that wheel in Lepant's mansion. It took me so long before I could finally time it right, and I would have to say it's probably one reason I'd have to think about replaying through Suikoden again.

I really love the game, of course, but I balk at the thought of encountering that wheel again. I'd rather take my chances with one of the Falenian lions.

My second least favourite moment in the game would be when Ted leaves near the beginning and later dies. Though, I've also got to say Joshua was quite awful to Futch following Black's death. Not only did the poor kid have to live with the fact that his dragon died to protect him, but the fact that his dragon saved the rest of the dragons yet he was still banished because of some stupid technicality. You would think the least the Dragon Knights could have done was allow Futch special dispensation due to the circumstances.

In Suikoden II, my least favourite moment would have to be when Jowy leaves. But, since there wouldn't have been much of a game if he hadn't, I can overlook it... especially now that I've simply gamesharked him into my party anyway. (I strongly recommend only using a gameshark after beating the game without one first.)

For Suikoden III, what I hated most was that there was no definite hero to the game, and you're forced to choose between your favourite of the three. It's a minor peeve, for sure, but it really messes up the possibility of the Flame Champion from appearing in a subsequent game. Since, if only the Flame Champion appeared and not any of the other two possible candidates, the developers would have to either program three possible cameo appearances or decide on an "official" Flame Champion, which would ultimately annoy up to two thirds of their audience if the "official" Flame Champion wasn't the character they chose.

One other minor qualm of Suikoden III is that, in my opinion, Budehuc Castle wasn't as impressive as the castle from Suikoden II. That and, despite dialogue to the contrary, the damage is never fixed up.

But despite all of these annoyances, the series remains one of my favourites, definitely moreso than Final Fantasy, though I do still enjoy those games. Suikoden IV will most definitely be a welcome addition to my collection and, like the others, I can safely say it will have secured a permanent residence in my library. I'm really anticipating it's release now.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
My second least favourite moment in the game would be when Ted leaves near the beginning and later dies. Though, I've also got to say Joshua was quite awful to Futch following Black's death. Not only did the poor kid have to live with the fact that his dragon died to protect him, but the fact that his dragon saved the rest of the dragons yet he was still banished because of some stupid technicality. You would think the least the Dragon Knights could have done was allow Futch special dispensation due to the circumstances.

I actually think that it was a good idea to banish Futch at that time. We all know that he loved Black that much and wouldn't want to have a replacement dragon (not to mention that the other dragons might not bond with him). So it'd be a waste to have him as a Dragon Knight in status but not really being a Dragon Knight in reality.

By "banishing" him, it was more like sending him on a journey and asking someone (Humphrey) to guard him. It was proven later on during S2 that only by experiencing the event with Bright, Futch could move on with his life. Had he stayed as a Dragon Knight back then, he might still be moping around in the fortress about how Black died to save the other dragons.

Not to say that being banished after all that didn't feel awful, and not to say that you can't hate that moment either. But all I'm trying to say is that for what's it worth, what Joshua did was actually for Futch's own good.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - Pahn's betrayal. What a loser!
Suikoden 2 - Jowy was irritating. Dangit. His betrayal grated on my nerves.
Suikoden 3 - Luc taking Geddoe's rune. I was very sad that Geddoe did not have the option of running up to Luc and punching him in the face. Or stabbing him in the face, whichever...
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated how in S2, you get beaten up along with Hoi while recruiting him.

Come on! What an insult! You're thought to be accomplice for that pathetic guy who is MUCH fatter than Riou, of which i have no idea how the innkeepers can be so stupid to believe it's him.

Riou, the leader of the entire army getting beaten up by a few measely innkeepers? Ugh! DIsgusting! He should just show his bright shield rune and shut them up, beat Hoi up himself and make him beg for forgiveness, and then have Hoi crawl and beg you to let him join.
Seiferalmasy1930

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When i played suikoden 2 , I can't even find mukumuku . That has to be the most time wasting activity I've done in suikoden .

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Greenoblivion

Oblivion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most annoying thing for me was when jowy finally gains Highland and then he tries to kill you and Teresa i just wanted to go in their and beat his *** :mrgreen:
The Red King-Alice in wonderland
Budgie-Barbequing Hamlet
Ken-Her Majesty Miss Jones
Mr.Gibbs-Arsenic and Old lace
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in suikoden one i hate the fortune wheel of juppo grrrrr mean... what an *****

in suikoden II when i sawgorudo for the first time and every time i saw him

in suikoden tree, in geddoe stor, the first time you fight the big red golem... i hate this guys with his big resistance and metoer falling on my head... grrrr

and in all suikoden... what i hate is WHEN A CHARACTER DIE BECAUSE I LOVE ( in a friend way of course) THEM ALL!!!! DAMNIT !!!!

well that about it if i want to make it short
Akirith

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch's banishment in Suikoden I really got to me the first time I played through the game. I understand why it was done, of course, but Joshua was kind of insensitive about it. "Sorry your dragon died, but I have to kick you out now kthxbai."

I will also have to go with the majority on Juppo's Wheel of Annoyance, but mostly because of the music. It frightens me.

In Suikoden II, probably Jowy's betrayal. I was cursing up a storm when he killed Anabelle.

Lastly, in III, anytime when Chris is being hit on or worshipped or whatever. Come on, people, she's not that hot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg, those are good points. Futch has always been one of my favourite characters, and the scene where Futch learns of Black's death was a really hard one to witness because (if you like the character) you feel so sorry for him. It's hard for someone to lose a pet, and Black was no mere pet and I'm sure Futch never thought of him as anything less than his best friend.

It's also hard when you lose a best friend, especially during childhood, so I can almost relate to what Futch was going through. But it still annoys me when I think that Joshua didn't even give Futch any time to deal with Black's death before informing him of their duty to banish him. It was almost like "Well... Black died, but in doing so he saved the rest of our dragons and, I'm sorry, but we have to banish you from the Dragon Knights."

All of these events do, however, add to the meaning of the Futch sidequest in Suikoden II, which demonstrated how much he loved Black and how loyal he remained to him. I'm not sure if it was reverse psychology on Humphrey's part, but his threat to kill the newborn Bright really put things into perspective for Futch.

Then, in Suikoden III, Futch's dialogue provides great pieces of continuity for longtime fans, perhaps even going so far as to classify them as in-jokes, since fans who have only played Suikoden III wouldn't understand the full story of Futch's simple line to Sharon of (not sure if this is exact) "You'll get me banished from the Dragon Knights again!" That's always been one of the things I've loved about the series, the continuity between the games. (I can overlook the Jowstone/Jowston and Sindar/Cyndar differences.)

I was going to say that I disliked how in each of the games, great characters always seem to die or turn against you, but there wasn't really any character in Suikoden III (with the exception of returning favourites) which I liked as much as any character from the previous two games. So, choosing one specific thing about the series which I hated, it would hands down be Juppo's bloody wheel. If only there were a gameshark code to guarantee it would stop on the platform which leads to Kirinji.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Malc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden
- That damn wheel. :evil:
- Gremio dying.
- Phan dying.
- Keeping Phan alive so you can get Germio back at the end, only to realize to you missed a star. That happened to me a few times. :oops:
- The whole Great Forest part of the game.
- Going back to beat the game with all 108 stars to get Tir in Suiko 2. :-P

Suikoden 2
- Jowy's betrayal
- Working too hard to get the "real" ending
- Hoi
- Running through that forest outside of Banner. :evil:

Suikoden 3
- Chris' chapters sucked, they sucked till Nash came along. Nash > j00
- How Hugo acted a lot of the time.
- Geddeo being a ***** to Luc and losing his' Rune.
- Jimba/Wyatt dying.
- Geddeo's first chapter.
- Thomas' chapters.

Kindly watch your language. Kthx.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That bastard Kanaan always got my blood boiling when he rips off Tir and company by stealing the reward for capturing the bandits.

And call me crazy, but I didn't mind that wheel in Lepant's house. It was fun to fight countless robots over and over.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Malc wrote:
Suikoden
- Going back to beat the game with all 108 stars to get Tir in Suiko 2. :-P

You don't need all 108 SoDs to get Tir in S2. You need 108 SoDs to get Gremio alive in S2.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: