Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Hated Suikoden Moment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds was humourous, she had a sense of style and was very unique, in my opinion. She developed a character for herself by actually somewhat evolving through-out the game. Emotions are always a good thing, because they give people the ability to sympathize with you.

I admit I was pretty disappointed with her when she betrayed me, but when you find out she was only trying to help the Prince in her own way.. You don't think of her as such a bad person. She may have gone around her own way of doing things, but she really was a loving and caring aunt.

She's also smart and considerate of those around her, and I suppose what makes her stand out for me is how much her character comes to life.

Last edited by Sun's Vicegerent on Thu May 24, 2007 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can accept that! We also would have accepted juggs and gigantic juggs!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Sialeeds a lot as well and felt genuinely hurt by her betrayal. Still, I found her motivation for siding with Godwin a little far-fetched. I only really got it after reading up on it on the internet. I guess they desperately wanted a character close to the protagonist turn traitor just for the sake of having another traitor.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:
I liked Sialeeds a lot as well and felt genuinely hurt by her betrayal. Still, I found her motivation for siding with Godwin a little far-fetched. I only really got it after reading up on it on the internet. I guess they desperately wanted a character close to the protagonist turn traitor just for the sake of having another traitor.

Yeah, I felt that Sialeeds betrayal was created halfway through the story and just so the Prince could have someone betray him like in most of the Suikodens. I think it is definately the weakest part in Suikoden V, also being the most confusing and random - especially to first time Suikoden players who won't realise what the hell is going on until they read some backstory on it from a third party web site.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is confusing.. but I think she hinted at trying to get rid of the Senate right before her death. If you genuinely paid attention to her death speech, she said something along the lines: "Did you really think my nephew could get rid of the senate..? That's why I.." and Lucretia tells her that she understands, but that her tactic is no different from Godwins.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds betrayal was one of my favorite senarios in the series, and a lot better done/more understandable than Jowy's betrayal (I'm sure a lot of people will disagree of course). I won't go into why unless people want me to, but I really enjoyed the betrayal, but was also really hurt by the fact that she was "betraying" me (even though she really didn't betray anyone at all), because she's one of my absolute favorite characters in the game/series.

Anyways, I can't really think of any events that I really hate in the series. I hate the sailing in Suikoden IV, and the beginning of II is always painful to play through for me (the chores and everything), but there aren't any moments that I actually hate (it's my favorite series for a reason).

I'm always deeply saddened by Arshtat's and Ferids death scene, Chris' meeting with her father right when he dies, and Jowy and Riou's final battle, but they aren't anything I would say I hate.

Radian Sephiras

67616 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I - That wheel of fortune in Lepant's manor. I see alot of ppl agreed with that.

Suikoden II - Sindar shrine behind White Deer Inn. Thought it was a waste of time to get some herb. Although it did help Hilda, going through to get it was boring.

Suikoden III - It think it was when Luc was stealing Geddoe's Rune and you had to go through like a frickin' number of battles. And it kept giving you choices to go back or keep fighting. I don't know what I did, but it took an awful long time of fighting before Duke and gang saved him. That was painful for me. Also Thomas confronting the Zexen council.

Suikoden IV - Sailing period. And moments with confronting Snowe with different occupations (Pirate costume was....something x.x)

Suikoden V - Only Jeane's quest bugged me. What was in that chest!...treasure chest that is... :roll:

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zone wrote:
Suikoden V - Only Jeane's quest bugged me. What was in that chest!...treasure chest that is... :roll:

Haha. Treasure chest indeed. :P

Suikoden IV. The entire game is my most hated moment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krin assisting you to steal lepant's sword and him joining. I NEVER consented for him to join. And that stupid crap even stole Toran's most valuable treasure (the sovereign rune in all likelihood)
RicharD

-87869 Potch
95 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: I second the "wheel of fortune" thing in Lepant's mansion. That thing is just plain annoying.

Suikoden II: After the Mercenary Fort gets burned down and the game randomly gives you three people to use all the way through the game until you get to Muse. They NEVER give me who I want to use! (I don't think the game understands that I don't want Gengen) That's why from now on I usually just wait until after that to get Kinnison and Shiro, since they actually join you right on the spot.

Suikoden III: The fact that the game lacks any sort of story bosses whatsoever except for the destroyers. Honestly, there's only so many times I can kick Yuber and Sarah's ass before I loose any respect I had for them to begin with.
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I = Krin's Events. That one in Lepant's mansion and then that event in Kasim Hazil's Castle.

Suikoden II = After losing your fort you cannot choose your party members for the Muse event... arghz that's a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!

Suikoden III = they to recruit Cortez... err..

Suikoden IV = recruiting Travis in the Obel ruins....

Suikoden V = Recruiting Chisato, Yahr and Nelis. Why can't I get thos 3 in one run? Evil evil Konami ^^
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoden 1 i love this game it was the first rpg i ever finished but sometimes it just went too far.

event one: finding the opal ring for esmerelda this was just evil i had no clue where to go how was i supposed to know that i had to go into a dungeon that i left ten hours ago and fight plant bulbs and card people until one of them spewed out an opal ring sure they are located right next to each but why would be able to recruit her right away and khan, or so i believe he is called, three hours later. ahhh!

event two: recuiting jabba you need to kill fairies for hours if i didn't put the holly and the holly fairies together i would have shot my self right then and there... and after you recruit him what does he do charges five hundred potch for an appraisal.

event three: window's recruitment oh so you say that the window crystal should be in the cave behind the shrine but... where . where is it my god it's nowhere to be found. i mean i could have spent days in there i literally made a map of the cave to make sure i had gone down every path but it's hidden in a wall a damn wall just like crowley but you know more accessible and you feel like your mind must have shut down for the past few hours because of the simplicity of the situation... i hate window and his color schemes

event four: clive this made me hate hotels. the black cloaked man should be sitting at the bar drinking okay so at the bar right no where else so theat when i look at the bar i'll see him right there not to the side or anything like that so once i spend a fort night going in and out of a town where i just recruited jabba the stingy i won't catch a glimpse of him sitting at a table when i walk out of the inn and then back in to scold myself for not looking around the bar right? yeah he's at the bar my friend said... he wasn't at the bar he was in the shadows by the bar not at the actual bar... luckily clive was the last character i recruited if he wasn't i mat have never went back to the game and discovered suikoden 2, which is the most amazing game of all time and if i hear elsewise i will find you and tackle you while i hold expensive mining equipment... got it.
Morbid Angel

1031726 Potch
422 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: toss up between the Teo duel, the "wheel of fortune" and everything about Gremio... I also despise the Venus Shell, why is it so hard, and what the hell was it doing down there anyway?

Suikoden II: I dislike the randomness of this game's strategy battles, and the Neclord scenario... so pointless. I don't feel any particular attachment to the characters of this game either... they're so... "blah".

Suikoden III: the fact that Yun and "Jimba" waste perfectly good star of destiny slots by being dead. I am an ardent "hater" of Thomas... but at least I can bypass his chapters without any penalty.

not gonna lie to ya, I am one of those anti-Suikoden IV types your mother warned you about

Suikoden V: the awful dragging slowness of this game at times... especially the beginning, that's why I dread starting a new save file for it... also, I hate the fact that everyone starts with a level one weapon. It wastes so much money to even "try out" a new character because of this... To quote my man Shig on this one, "What a pain."

Nikea- "Want to see my super duper special moves?"
Me- "No, shut up and dance, bitch."
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I don't feel any particular attachment to the characters of this game either... they're so... "blah".

How so? This is one particular suikoden where you actually get attached to the characters because of their respective speech changes and personal cut scenes. Suikoden I and IV were more piss poor than any of the other suikodens. It baffles my mind why you don't get attached to Jowy, Luca and the other characters. :shock:
Karushifa

155169 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden III, I really hated any event having to do with Thomas' father, Lowma. True, all of the Zexen Council members are huge pricks, but Lowma takes the cake. He impregnates and abandons Thomas' mother, then pretty much banishes Thomas to Budehuc just to get him out of Vinay del Zexay, THEN just when Thomas is setting about rebuilding the castle he disowns him. What an asshole. I know that many people don't like Thomas for being spineless (he's just 15 and wasn't raised as a warrior, what do you want?), but he certainly doesn't deserve to be sloughed off by his only family like that. I think that's it's touching that in the manga, even after his father has become sick and destitute, Thomas STILL wants to have a relationship with him. What a classy guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: