Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden a movie???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

suikoden a movie???
yes
66%
 66%  [ 30 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

OoOoH!_cookiemonster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Suikoden a movie??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking, what if konami made a suikoden a movie??? In my opinion, i think it could work. Not really the main story, like the hero going out to recruit 108 SOD. But a side story, sort of like advent children.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think theres a movie topic already. Its more along the lines of who would fit such a role but I think this is kind of covered. So what is the question here? Would themovie fly? I don't think so namely because it doesn't have near the fan base of Final Fantasy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there's always this, but I doubt that satisfies anyone's Suiko-film curiosity.
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they would make a movie, I would go and see it but I dont think it would do good at all considering there isnt alot of people who really know the games. Thats why Konami needs commercials and more publicity for Suikoden, never have I seen a Suikoden commercial!! But a freind of mine said he saw one for SuikodenI when he was little?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The idea for a Suikoden movie on paper is a wondeful idea. However for it to be true to suikoden it would need to involve 108 Stars of Destiny. And that is an awful long movie because you'd need to she all 108's relevance and not to mention have each one tie into the story. This alone would be a difficult task but then add in the action scenes and story development and you're already looking at a 3 part movie minimum, like Lord of the Rings. However the fanbase isn't very large but the movie, if succesful, would bring the games to more mainstream knowledge. However this may not be a good thing because then our beloved sukox would be filled with Yuber vs. Vegita vs. Sephiroth threads and well, we just do not want that, do we?

I suppose one COULD work if it was based on the main character and several lesser characters. For example if Suikoden II were made into a film it would focus on Riou, Nanami, Flik, and Viktor. We'd also see cameos from Sierra, Kahn, Camus, Miklotov and Theresa. Of course we'd also see Neclord, Jowy, Pilika, Gorudo, Luca Blight and Jillia. But the lesser plots would probably have to take a seat to the main story. Such events as the Two River scene with Chaco having the wingers come to save the day and Klaus and Kiba switching sides. We would probably not see Bolgan, Rina and Eilie's part in the beginning, nor Yam Koo and Tai Ho's part getting Riou from Muse region to Window region. We'd see Shu and the meeting in Gregminster. We wouldn't see Kasumi or Valera though. The movie might be interesting but we die hard fans would complain that so much got left out. We would almost have to see Yuber, Viki and Jeane if only a cameo appearance. But the main story would have to be the four main characters. Riou would also need to speak more and that would really change the light of the story a lot. It would lessen Nanami's role dramatically as she tends to speak for Riou for a good portion of the game.

I voted no because I don't see a suikoden movie working out. If it was made the real fans of it wouldn't be pleased because there is no way that they'd be able to fit 108 characters into the story. Those who don't know suikoden would be relatively lost ojn its premise and those that do would complain that plot points were skipped.

If it is a completely original storyline then I would even further be against it because the movie would throw off what we know about the suikoverse as movies always make things messed up. Movies never keep everything canon with the originals. Just look at the comic book movies. X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk.. all three of those took the comic books and basically tossed them out the window. Rogue and Iceman aren't teenagers, Doctor Octopus was never Spiderman's friend and The Hulk was just plain stupid. I can see Hollywood sacrificing the world of suikoden for graphics and plot. They will change a character design just to make it fit the celebrity who stars in the film (Just like Spiderman is doing with Venom. I can NOT see Topher Grace being venom, he's just not big enough) or they will remove an element that makes Suikoden a great game. Like the fortress that grows as 108 people are gained or we may see the loss of runes (yeah... I can see them ditching magic totally) or they might even create places that aren't geographically correct (A huge snowy peak by Gregminster or a desert in the middle of grasslands, who knows?).

I can not see them making a Suikoden movie. Actually a movie based on any RPG is really hard for me to fathom because the stories are usually so intricate that it can't really be done. Maybe they can make Dragon Warrior 1 into a film, but thats about it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I certainly would not mind.
But i think a trilogy would be more suitable as one movie would probaly too short for an entire episode of Suikoden.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only if it was an anime movie! A live-action Suikoden movie would need a massive budget and likely be chopped to pieces by an American action-film director.

^Actual quote!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't watch it if there was a live action movie made of Suikoden.

It might work out as an anime. Only as a series though. Like the manga from Suikoden III. I would definitely check it out.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd still say yes i wanna see a full action pack suikoden movie with all the drama and charm its got. err just like LOTR. i wouldn't mind a trilogy of it. they can get great actors/actresses that aren't that well known just like the ones in joe schmoe and others.

but i must say it's still suits television series just like the xena, hercules or i forgot the pirate.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yup, it would be nice, I also wouldn't mind seeing a Video two years after suikoden II(or something) fully anamated like Adven Childern....
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, a movie would be bad if Konami made it, because they've never made movies as far as I know.

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden would be a better fit as a series, animated preferably. therefore little concessions would have to be made as opposed to if a movie was created.

I've always envisioned a massive six part live action epic however, but this is wishful thinking on my part. The budget would have to be enormous and nobody would finance Suikoden due to it's reclusive nature. =)

I also see Metal Gear higher on the 'ready to be made into a movie' foodchain then Suikoden. It's easier to work with and has a higher fanbase. Hell, Castlevania would be higher on the foodchain then Suikoden to be made into a movie.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well, there's always this, but I doubt that satisfies anyone's Suiko-film curiosity.

That's a pretty cool plot. I am surprised that hasn't been stolen for a game it self. But a movie, I dunno know. Needing over 108 actors/extras, and introducing them would be impossible. People would be ticked off cause say Jean was only a brief cameo, and Vicky was cut type of thing. They would not be able to please anyone. Now the animated series is a good idea, but presents the same problam. You would have what 1 episode per character, only to fade away until a large scale battle. I still wouldn't work properly. So I think it should stay just as it is a game, with a crappy anime attached to it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159778/
I've seen it and it stinks. It has very little to do with Suikoden as a whole. It just borrows the 108 stars idea.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I've seen that movie before, can't remember though. It must have been that crappy for me to not remember it. :P

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It might work out as an anime. Only as a series though. Like the manga from Suikoden III. I would definitely check it out.

Arc The Lad was made into an anime, and I liked it quite much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: