Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best army
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which army was the best?
Liberation Army
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Dunan Army
39%
 39%  [ 31 ]
Fire Bringer
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 79

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the fire bringers for me although i really like s2 so much. in terms of strength grasslands army has bonded several groups as far as camaro and the other lands. and that is dangerous to unite different kind of people. take out the repeating characters and you'll see why. besides you got mercenaries workin for you as well as ninjas, it's not only s1 and s2 that has it. you got different kind of monsters/pets here fubar, bright, ruby, branky jk! but i also like sigfried aaawwww! well that's my thoughts.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark_Wanderer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'd go for the Dunan Army. I like the way the battle goes and it has very strong opponents like Seed, Culgan and even the elite Luca Unit. It really is a strategic game for a while.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to go with the Liberation Army for the reasons other people metnioned. Gul Horses, Dragon Knights, Dwarven technology. That just seems like too much for either the Dunan or Firebringer armies to contend with. Its too bad Konami will never make a Suikoden RTS so we could fight out some of these battles just for the heck of it. Hell if I wasnt so lazy I would learn how to mod one of the Total War games so that we could have some of Sukoden armies go at it.
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uh, just to let u guys know, mathiu died and leon went to the highland army.

but my vote would still go to the liberation/toran army tough. even without the silverburgs they are still a formadible force to be. not only in the enviromental protection, but in the advance weapons and armor. they are also the ones with a stronger calvery then anybody else. i mean look at what u had to do against teo mcdohls calvery in order to win. also the darwvern weapons are not the only advantage, if you notice there metal works were supirior to any blacksmiths work. they also had the five black smiths that also learned the darwvern metal works. they also have the five great generals that if you think about it, they can act independently so if someone has an emergency they dont need to what for a stratigest to tell them what to do, how to do it, and how to get there.that could be a great advantage against the dunan army because they rely on shu too much for a strategy, when any strategist can see that is a disadvantage because instead of 1 massive battle you can have several smaller fights. and since someone cant be in several places at the same time you would have to rely on the leaders too much to accomplish these tasks. and seeing that they rely too much on shu, they will be defeted.and for those who think you could ignore the smaller armys and focus on taking them out one at a time is pretty stupid. u would lose to much territory too quick and have your back agaist a wall. anther thing mentioned is unity. that is a major thing because as seen in both suikoden 2 and 3 they were utterly defeated when they were seperated. in dunan when you try to get two river ridly,makai, and the winged horde hated each other and the only reason they united was because they had a common enamy. dunan lost a major supporter as well in tintos area. that was about four villages that consisted the main tinto army and the lampdragon bandits who are in good standing with tinto the last i checked. and suikoden 3 there was, and still are huge hatred between the six clans and zexan and the only reason they united is again because of a common enemy. in the liberation/toran army they are all united and are also none reliant on each other. what mean is that if one group leaves they still have a good chance of victory. the whole true rune concept is blown way out of praportion aswell in the sense that the bearers can still die if they are killed. and any smart strategist once agaib would target all the people with the true runes. if the person dies the rune could be lost or better yet accept some one on the opppisite side as the new bearer.

in short i strongly beleave that the liberation/toran army is by far the better army
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:

So yeah, I guess it's safe to say that Liberation Army is the strongest out of the three. >=)

I was going to vote for Dunan army, but after reading your post, I changed my mind! The Liberation Army all the way!
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey whose post mine or black pesmergas post.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The liberation army!!! by far i think is the best...

reasons... well, they have the dragin knights on their side which are cool and of course i'd think they're rather effective and powerful and cool and all that... they got the dwarves on their side, that means another burning mirror can be there, firewind cannon and such technologies we may not have seen yet lol... they gots elves who are known to be the best race with archers so roughly the may have the best archers out of the three armies...

they have some true runes on their side, i can only remember night rune, dragon rune and of course the soul eater... oh... plus there's that magician that is there... crowley, the one and only magician with a hundred runes in his body... he could or i think IS the best magician and rune user out of the three suikoden armies... which also gives them great magic use...

They have the great kage and fuma in the liberation army... who seems to be more better and useful than the ninjas in the other two armies... not to mention juppo and krin lmao... they Sometimes can do the same... or just get some gold for ya lmao...

As for attack power... i guess they have some strong characters for strength... lepant, the generals such as kwanda rosman, hasim and you know the rest... they have them for attack... as for strategy they got mathiu silverberg ... apple (I think she at least had some knowledge in the strategies and stuf in the liberation army) and Leon silverberg... though if shu were still there, they'd be extremely great lmao...

so yeah... with so many reasons (including the surroundings and defences) I definately say that the liberation army... ownz the rest :twisted:

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Fire bringers. Dunan had the soilerds that pilaged the little villages,They werent in controll of them selfs. Also they kill Luca and give Highland months to regroup. The Liberation Army was just a bunch of people fighting not much of an army. But the Fire Bringers were three different armys banned together with a few mercenarys.

CLERKS
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What Suiko 4 gets no love? LOL. No they don't deserve it. They suck.

I voted Fire Bringer because of the variety in strengths. Zexen is easily the strongest military for their size. Grouped with the strength of the Lizard Clan, the skill of the Duck and Alma Kinan and the forces of Le Buque and their Mantors, The Fire Bringer are a formidable opponent. Add in Sasarai and his group of Harmonians, Apple and Caesar's skill with strategy and 5 true Runes (Fire, Earth, Water, Lightning and Night) you got yourself a powerful force. Add in the possibility of Lilly going for help and getting Tinto's aide, you got one powerful force. Tinto, Grasslands, Zexen, Kamaro Free Knights, Sasarai's Harmonian Troops, Geddoe and Duke's Mercenary Squadrons.

For all of you saying "Liberation" you all failed to remember that Sheena in Suikoden 2 helped Dunan get Toran Republic as an ally. So, if it came down to brass tacks, Sheena could go to daddy and get their strength, which would include those Dragon Knights and the Elves. So, for my thoughts, Liberation is the weakest of the three based on that alone. So, why would I still pick Fire Bringer over the Dunan? Because of the unity. After Harmonia invaded Grasslands and forced everyone back to Brass Castle, the Zexen and Grassies formed a bond. Something that hadn't really been done before in prior Suikodens. Two River kinda had it, but there were still a lot of harsh feelings towards the Wingers. Also, Tinto and Matilda only agreed to fight together to stop Highland, not to be buddies afterwards. What happened after Gorudo's death with relations to Tinto, I'm unsure of. They have a lot of unity issues I'm wary of.

Toran is quite unified, i will give them that. The Dragon's Den, Rokakku Ninja Village, Warrior's Village in Lorimar, Gregminster, The Elves and Kobolds. All good. But the Dwarves I think can't be trusted. I never got a good vibe from those guys. Even the smallest seed of doubt can blossom into a wedge in unity. The Dwarves for years have hated the Elves and the Elves for years have hated Humans. Its a cycle that is too hard to break. Maybe they have broken it and gone to peaceful times, but I'm willing to bet there is harbored hatred in there.

The same technically can be said of the Grasslands and Zexen, but the game showed a very changed land and a very changed outlook for the futures of Zexen and the Grasslands. Through assistance of Sasarai, they helped form a new treaty with Harmonia, one that is peaceful and allowed Le Buque a better life.

So, I personaly feel the Fire Bringer are the strongest because of unity, leadership and Runes. Not to mention the power in numbers.

If we're talking about the strongest in terms of the 108, the you know Fire Bringers have it because not only do they have 2 Silverburgs, but they have Yuber, Sarah and Luc. That's a magician with possible powers rivaling that of Mazus, Warlock and Crowley, but 2 more true runes. The True Wind and the Eightfold rune. Yuber you know really tips the scales in their favor. No offense to Pesmerga, but until I see him do what Yuber did, I'm going to say Yuber is better, so you can't rebut with "Well my army has Pesmerga!" If Pesmerga is better, then why is Yuber still alive? Nowhere does it say Yuber is chasing Pesmerga. I'm sure if Yuber wanted to off Pesmerga, he'd have done it.

Fire Bringer Prevail

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey RedCydranth, if you read the ending credits, the zexans and grasslands are still at war. and on top of that zexan is tring to defend themselfs against tinto because tinto wants there land. if that is unity there is something wrong because if they are united then why are they fighting. if they would unite they would be a formabidal enemy. also sasarsai joined only to stop luc and nothing more. he did agree to ivade grassland in search of true runes at the begining remeber. so he couldnt be a asset to them.

also JNX, even though sheena was with dunan when they fought against highland, he wouldnt stay there. to be honest, he was only there because he was on a journy because of his father.and also he didnt get toran to help, it was riou, he just helped to get there and to get an audiance with lepant. so he didnt get there help. another thing is that he was also forced to join, it wasnt his joice.

sorry if i seem like a jerk, but you should know the facts before you vote, thats just my opinion.anyways, i hope this helps you decide.
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord_Tiberus661 wrote:
also JNX, even though sheena was with dunan when they fought against highland, he wouldnt stay there. to be honest, he was only there because he was on a journy because of his father.and also he didnt get toran to help, it was riou, he just helped to get there and to get an audiance with lepant. so he didnt get there help. another thing is that he was also forced to join, it wasnt his joice.

Is that meant to be aimed at me?... I remember RedCydranth saying

[quote]For all of you saying "Liberation" you all failed to remember that Sheena in Suikoden 2 helped Dunan get Toran Republic as an ally. So, if it came down to brass tacks, Sheena could go to daddy and get their strength, which would include those Dragon Knights and the Elves. [quote]

i didn't even mention sheena in my post lol.... I agree that sheena was only there to lead Riou and the party to the toran area though... anyway... i wonder how my name got mixed up in it

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would vote for Liberation. Most of my favorite characters are in it.
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yo dude, i am totally sorry about that, i thought i read that on your post i didnt relise that you didnt say that, my bad. but again i am sorry, ididnt notice it was in just one post.

hope you understand, sorry :oops:
Nash Latkje

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol... c'mon now no need ta apologise too much ya making me feel bad now... lol of course i understand... so lets just forget about it now... back on topic...

anyway... i reckon sheena was a minor influence to lepant... because Sheena's in Riou's army lepant might've thought he should just give a bit of protection to Riou/Sheena, so Sheena could learn from Riou how to be a man lol or whatever Lepant said at that point... he is Lepants son afterall... it's more or less common sense to make the team your own sons on to be stronger... unless his opponent was yourself :twisted:

also... if you count that Sheena getting allies... then wouldn't the two combine instead of the liberation army splitting up and just smash the fire bringer?...

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you are right, if those two areas combine, then go for grasslands, they would obliterate every thing in sight. they would also be a challange for the holy kingdom of harmonia, maybe. but to comment on sheena staying in the dunan army, that dosent seem possible. i mean, i believe in the ending credits (not positive) it says he goes back to toran were starts to prepare to take the throne. but i am not positive on this. so i will check and be back later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: