Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your first Suikoden experience!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was watching my cousin playing a game..I saw all these little guys running at each other in this huge war smacking each other silly and I saw this huge yellow dragon with tattos on his headsss..I said "bro thats f***ng mean!!" and he said "yeah it is aye!"

for years i borrowed his PS1..but then it broke

so he got a PS2!!..but then he left..

so now im stuck on the computer googleing "Suikoden 2 rom"
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I first seen Suikoden around 9, maybe 10 years ago when my brother played it. At the time I was a stuck up kid and I was all like "That game sucks!" and I had never played it =D About 1-2 years later or something my bro got a demo of Suikoden 2, and I played it. By the time I had played the demo Suikoden 2 was already rare, since I'm in the UK. My mum however is magical or something cause I said to her I wanted Suiko 2 for my b-day, and she managed to get it XD.

I played the game for the first time in the caravan, cause me and my friends used to 'camp' out there. Only it was better than tenting in your yard cause it was warmer and you had electricity =D.

I vividly remember laughing my ass off at the racist dog in Ryube. 'Kooooooooooon.' XD;;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was playing suikoden 3 over a friends house. Loved RPGs because of FF6. He always had rare psx games but never took good care of them like thousand arms and xenogears. i borrowed it and got to Hugos Escape from the castle, chris runs off with nash. and Geddoe was doin something to....I played most of my time on Thomas' story because i never knew how to change your characters when you talk to sebastion. so it was always just Thomas and who ever stayed in his group when he recruited them.
pink rain

Bitchslappers

49204 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i had seen suikoden II in the stores all the time and i really wanted to buy it, but i never saw I, and I wanted to play the first one before attempting to play / understand the second, and one day my friend goes "i have a game i think you'd like." and she mentions its "Suikoden" and i go "ooh i think i know that game!" haha

bam. isn't history amazing. that was about wow, eight years ago now.
and then for those five times,
I'd fall in love with the same person
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first Suikoden experience, was about 7 years ago. I was 16 at the time, I was in an art class and started talking about rpg's with this guy (he's like one of my best friends now ) anyhow, shortly after we started hanging out on a regular basis. I had just played Lunar Silver Star Storty Complte, and Thousand Arms. He recommended both to me, I asked him if he had any more suggestions, and thats when he handed me Suikoden, I swear it was sorrounded in golden light! LOL . I took it home tha night and started playing, and ever since then, I've been addicted to Suikoden!
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember the first time that I ever got involved in the Suikoden universe, like it was yesterday. I started playing not long after I moved to FL, which was about 10 years ago.

Me and my buddies, would all borrow different games from a friend of ours that had a bunch of em, and in an attempt to throw me off of the games that he wanted to borrow, and play, my best friend tossed me onto Suikoden.

I went home that day, and was hooked. I played through for a little while, and then seeing the SoD tablet, became obsessed with getting all the stars. I never once completed the game without all the stars because if I missed someone, which was hard to do in that game, I would start over, and do even better.

Then, a couple years later, I read the article about Suikoden II, and you can bet that I was stoked. About that time was when my friend told me why he put me on that game, and honestly it was the best thing he could have done. Our friend that had all the games got II when it came out, and I snatched it right up, I don't even remember if he played it before I did. I beat that one without all the stars, because I didn't realize you had to act quick in the Matilda Knights scene, and Nanomi ended up dying, but not long after I started it back up and tore through it.

Then III came out, and to be honest it was a little bit of a disappointment to me because of the jump to 3-D. I think they could've made an incredible expansion in gameplay, and other areas, had they left in 2-D, but it grew on me, and I ended up beating it after about a year, because I never owned it, and shortly after the friend that I borrowed the first two from got it, he got kicked out and took the game with him, so I had to wait forever for my other friend that I got hooked on the series to get it so I could beat it.

Then they came out with IV which I liked, but I felt the way they conducted the world map, it being an ocean, could have been done better. I've played through that game a couple of times as well.

When Rhapsodia came out, or Suikoden Tactics, my friend got it for me for Christmas, that friend that got me hooked on the series originally, and I still haven't beaten it yet because Tactics games aren't a big thing for me, and then having that time frame for trying to recruit all the characters and battles, and whatnot just kinda annoyed the hell outta me.

V came out not too long ago, but I def. think it's time for Konami to get to crackin and release some info on VI before I go crazy, because finally they are going back to the roots, and V was a very impressive game. It was almost like taking everything that was great in the original 2-D Suikodens, and bringing the series back to all its glory.

So far, I own I, IV, Tactics, and V, and am gonna try my damndest to get II, and III even though I'll have to travel to the ends of the earth and back, on top of paying and arm and a leg for em, but it'll be worth it to have the whole collection, except for the gaidens.

Edit: Broke up the text a bit.....makes it that much easier to read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think i was ten because this took place 2000 i got a ps1 for my birthday and my mom told me pick out a game whatever i had picked up was to expensive for her tastes so i put it down flustered and picked up suikoden 1 a new copy for ten dollars i opened it and flipped through the guide book and said why not? so i went home and played it without a memory card for thirty minutes and i put it aside for four years. then one day i was cleaning my new room as we had just moved out of my grandparents house and i found it so i put it in the ps1 and got addicted like no other i played through it in less than twenty hours i talked to one of my friends while playing it and he said he saw a copy of suikoden 2 at gamestop i freaked out because the next day was my birthday so that morning my mom took me to gamestop and i bought a buy three get one free deal i bought first and foremost suikoden 2 then persona 2 and ergeiz, the final fantasy fighting game. i tried ergeiz for a hour and got sick of it and then i tried persona two and got stuck early on so i went and played suikoden 2 and the moment of the "city state" ambush i was there. it made me laugh and cry like no game ever has before or since it is my favorite game of all time. then i bought three and didn't play it for about a year. then i didn't play games for along time and i bought four because it just seemed like the right thing to do. so i played four and beat i was a little dissapointed but then i played through two adn three and my love for the series returned i bought and beat tactics in it's release week and the same with five and i have decided that no matter where i am in life i will take a week off of work to play a suikoden in it's release week from now on because the week i played through two was one of the most amazing times of my life.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well actually my friend's mother bought him suikoden1 from her grocery store back in 1995 (or sometime around then) and he brought it over to my house to play. Well after he beat it i asked if i could borrow it.... and well i still plan on returning it... someday... maybe...

and ever since i've been addicted but after 3 and 4 i almost gave up on the series.... thank goodness they didn't totally screw up Suikoden 5 or i would have weeped for days, weeks, possibly even months.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my little story ^^ A few years ago, my sister and I went to the little corner video game store, and I was cruising through the new releases. I spotted the cover art for Suikoden 3 and thought it was pretty cool with Geddoe, Hugo and Chris all there, so I picked it up. I was immediately interested from the idea that you could play as all three characters on different sides of a war, and that there were three different battle systems in the game. So, I took it home, plugged it in and watched the intro movie for a good 15 minutes. I played Hugo's chapter first, and was instantly hooked ^^
seameth

Laodicea

68460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was my kid brother who had borrowed Suikoden I from one of his geek/nerd friends that was my first introduction into Suikoden. This was way back in '97. I walked in on him playing it in our family's basement and picked up the manual and was immediately intrigued by the inner cover manga style artwork. (the outer cover illustration was crap, as far as I'm concerned. This was back in the day when VP's in marketing were still worried that North American audiences wouldn't go for "foreign" looking artwork. does anyone else remember the horror that was the Megaman cart?)

Anyhoo, I waited patiently until it was my brothers bed time and then I started my game. I played until the craziness between the Elves and the Dwarves.
It didn't take me too long to figure out that I could recruit people and that when I did my new Castle would evolve and change. I couldn't stop playing the game after that.
With in the week I had finished the game.

Then my brother informed me that there were 108 different characters to recruit and that if you did you'd get something special.

...so...back into the game for me.

And I got something special alright. (no spoliers here. ^_~)

I was hooked after that.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it was 2003, and I was in a local Gamestop with a friend who was also into RPGs. I had been looking for a new RPG to play, and noticed Suikoden III sitting on the shelf in front of me. I picked it up, read the description on the back, and told my friend, "Think I'll give this one a shot." He looked back with these wide eyes and told me, "Dude! That game is awesome!" He told me a little bit about it before I got home that night to try it out. Boy, was I glad I picked this game up! Countless hours of fun were had.

I was saddened to learn that Suikoden I (which I did finally pick up this past year) & II (no such luck) were so hard to find. Nevertheless, I started reading up on the history of the series and familiarizing myself with the characters, locations, etcetra. I've been a complete Suikoden addict ever since.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seameth wrote:
This was back in the day when VP's in marketing were still worried that North American audiences wouldn't go for "foreign" looking artwork. does anyone else remember the horror that was the Megaman cart?)

I still can't figure out the cover art to Megaman 1... i mean they gave him an actual gun! but yes i also remember those days. They had some scary shit on video game covers back then, and most of it looked like something off a romance novel lol.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first suikoden experiance?....... well i do remember my borother playing it first and i just watched but eveytine he would play ill warch him. i was totaly drowned into the story if i remeber correctly i was nine backt then year 1999 and by just watching it has become my favorite RPG... It was suikoden 2 played almost all the suiko series exepct for suikoden 1 :x i do hope i can play it one day....
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played Suikoden 1 sometime back in 1998. It was the first game I bought for the PS1. I remember that I couldn't figure out how to recruit Jabba or Rubi, and I never saw Crowley. I also beheaded Kwanda and Milich. All of this didn't bode well for Gremio, obviously!

Although in retrospect S1 was a dry-run for the better-developed S2, it still remains my favorite game in the series.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just brought Suikoden II without any idea about the game.
The first few minutes of the game is "okay. *play* ohhh...cool...." and then I got hooked!
After I finished it I searched for Suikoden I, since then I keep my eyes and ears open for any Suikoden game :D

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: