Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Zexen Federation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing it's about the same as late Middle Ages-Italy.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so here's my theory based loosely on facts from the game.

Zexen was a small clan that was a part of Grasslands some time in the distant past. They were also the most eastern, and one of the only tribes of Grassland with a port city, or access to a port sity. This made them a key point in trade for the whole continent. The tribe was mainly hunters, hunters of deer. They sold the horns of the deer they killed (probably in regions like the Zexen Forest) to the seafaring travellers. I would go as far as to say it may have been Gaien? Or the Island Nations in some shape or form (God forbid it was Cheipoo)? But they became influenced by an external power.

This led them to become more "civilized" than the other tribes, but they wanted them to evolve with them. Become more like the rest of the world. Many of the tribes didn't want to evolve in the same way, they were traditionalists and Zexen, feeling left out to hang, began to grow feelings of seperation and greater-than-though feelings towards there former tribe members. They soon realized the divide that had grown between them and the fact that it couldn't be remedied. They felt that by unifying a few choice "civilized" towns they would be stronger and better off. They chose Iksay, Vinay del Zexay and Budehuc Manor to be good enough to save and united these into a federation. A confederation, built around the core people that were Zexen. Thus, it became the Zexen Confederacy.

That was my theory, hope you enjoyed. It is written as if it were the be-all-end-all truth but it is merely my speculations. Comments?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
escargoon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see Zexen as a nation that no longer strives to gain control of the Grassland Confederacy (however it still would like to increase it's trade areas) but obviously they fight a lot of conflicts with the Tinto Republic. Anyone know who won that most recent war btw?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you mean this one:

Quote:
4) Zexen-Tinto War (4th Grassland War)
Duration: 478 (1 year)
Participating Nations: Zexen, Grassland Clans, Tinto
Happening five years after the Second Fire Bringer War, the Zexen-Tinto War started with a border skirmish between Tinto and Zexen forces. The skirmish led to a war which gradually included the Grassland Clans, namely the Lizard Clan.

Then I'm not sure if anyone really won or lose or if the fighting just subsided and they came to an agreement. If there was any dramatic change in territory, I think we would've known more, but perhaps I'm wrong.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as the whole population of Zexen thing goes, I know it doesn't give you a real good idead of population as a whole but, during a scene in S3 (either when Geddoe leaves in Chp1 or when Hugo arrives) they do a scanning view of the town and it looks pretty densely packed with houses everywhere except from the very center (the guild hall) down to the water where all the shops and markets are.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: