Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Alter Code F
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Alter Code F Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anybody else pick this up? It's been years since I've played the original Wild Arms so I'm still in a Nostalgiatic Euphoria, but I have to say it's the best remake I've ever played.

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's out -now-? Oh geez i gotta go get a copy. Any Wild Arms game is usually good (with the exception of 2) so i'll be saving up and getting it ASAP.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its already out?? i wanted this game for a little bit... it seems fun :P

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They finally released it in the USA? It was released in November 2003 in Japan! I've had this game forever. It's not bad at all, but the battles are quite tedious.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's finally out?! Crap! Another money expenditure!

^Actual quote!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played a single Wild Arms game. What is the selling point that makes Wild Arms a good series? I know about as much about Wild Arms as a nuclear engineer knows about making macrame. So, Fill me in on what Wild Arms is about and why its so popular.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, will you look at that. It finally got released in the US...or at least according to the online retailers. Too bad I've pretty much already dropped my game budget on Suikoden Tactics, Magna Carta, and Dragon Quest VIII. If it were any other time of year, I'd probably still pick it up now, but I haven't started my holiday shopping yet. >_< I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a copy later...like next year. I have enough to play as it is.

As for what the appeal is, I haven't actually played any of them, though I saw one of them played a long time ago. From what I understand part of the appeal is the sci-fi/western setting and the gameplay. This is what one of the writers over on RPGfan said in a preview: "The Wild ARMs series has always been a unique RPG experience, mixing RPG gameplay with a "Wild West" theme- a theme that stands unrivalled in a genre cluttered with sci-fi and fantasy adventures."
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alter Code: F actually shipped on the same day Dragon Quest VIII did. I got both games at the same time.

I picked it up, but I've had little time to play it between DQVIII and homework. I put maybe an hour on it, and it seems pretty good so far. The changes I've noticed so far seem pointless and trivial (Rudy no longer uses a sword, and they changed the password to the Memory Temple), but they're nothing too detracting.

I am enjoying the graphical improvements, though, and I really want to get into it to see more of the demon's designs.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems the game borrows a lot from Wild ARMs: Advanced 3rd, in both battle presentation and camera. There's some grammatical mistakes in the dialogue here and there, so it's likely Agetec didn't delay it further because it did not want to directly compete with XSEED's release of Wild ARMs: The Fourth Detonator.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Alter Code F is better than the Newer one. I don't like how the battles look in The Fouth Detanator

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed, I was reading up on 4th Detonator and couldn't help but feel disappointed.

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im really looking forward to 4th detonator. Especiially Arnaud and the change in the battle system. It looks a bit more complex then regular RPG battles so i've been looking forward to it for quite sometime.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...the only Wild Arms game I played was 2. I've heard some mixed things about it, as opposed to the other Wild Arms games, from various people. I thought it was good...but I was never a big fan of the city and location locator radar device thing (or whatever it's really called...), and some of the puzzles were more frustrating than fun/challenging. I don't know if it's the same in the other games.

However, the western theme, and especially the music...are awesome.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's finally out!? I've been waiting awhile and I hadn't heard anything about it being relelased yet. Were there any pre-order bonuses I missed? *faints* Anyways, I never palyed the first one, so this'll be good for me. I did love and beat Wild Arms 2, never beat Wild Arms 3 though.
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It comes with the first episode of the Wild Arms anime, and I'm pretty sure it isn't pre-order exclusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: