Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viktor and Flik
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freyjadour

Genkaku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No after another thought I wouldn't really like them to be in the upcoming Suikoden games, because I really don't feel the need for them that much. Ok maybe Flik but without Victor, and as said by others I think that there is no reason to make them show up again since they both had their share of the game. However, if they have to make an appearance then I would like them to come as non-playable stars or maybe to show up without the need to recruit them.

About if I missed them in three (maybe and maybe not), I would say that there was a void without them but I think other characters have filled it with there similar personalities and abilities. So I didn't think about it that much when I played Suikoden 3 because as I said earlier the new characters have made me forget about the two of them for most of the time (totally forgot Victor). Therefore, my answer would be that I sometimes did and that is all am going to say
I'm not one of those people who would put them in my party if given a choice ]

although personally the jump between S2 and S3 did give me an...odd feeling
Like whatever happened to Flik and Viktor?
Though this also applies with other characters as well.
Like allot of others who found out early that they weren't going to be in S3, I was really mad at first. But then after thinking about it I realized that their stories ended in S2 (Well, Viktors more so then Flik) Sure it would be cool to see them make a cameo sometime in another Suikoden, but it's really not neccesary. In my opinion, Viktor and Flik don't make Suikoden. And S3 showed that
:P
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a question for you all. Would you rather Suikoden 6 have returning characteres from 5 that play large roles (IE. Victor and Flik in Suikoden 2) Or would you rather them create new characters to fill those roles and maybe serve as returning major characters in subsequent Suikodens (7).

Although I loved the game, I'd say that Suikdoen 5 doesn't really have any great enough characters to serve that role (Besides Georg of course) so I would rather them go "back to the drawing board" so to speak, and try to create new characters for those roles.

However on the same token it's true that some of what made Victor and Flik great was their further development in Suikoden II when they were given the oppurtunity to play those roles.

So part of me also wants to give some Suikoden V characters that oppurtunity, and see if maybe we can grow to love them in that same way.

Obviously it depends on the location, but for conversations sake assuming that it was in an area where it would make sense, what do you think?
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My question is what makes Fliktor so great? What makes them greater than all the characters in Suikoden III, IV, or V?

To answer the question, where ever possible I'd to see those with loose end to tie up tied up, but don't bring back characters just to bring them back. I like to see new characters because they have more possibilities than older one just coming back for no reason and it shows more creativity on the creators side especially if they are interesting and intriguing. Like I said earlier, those characters with intriguing pasts and serious need to have exposure should by all means come back, but don't bring back characters because fans for some reason needs them.

Right now Viktor and Flik are enjoying life together traveling. If they come back, they'll probably play a low role. They probably won't even be playable and sit by offering hints and tips like all old characters do.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have liked to see them again, but as many have pointed out, their story ended in suikoden 2. I also wanted to see Sierra again but her story also ended with Neclord's death. They would be better having a minor role or maybe a NPC.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, cmon don't put your hopes down. I bet they'll be meeting Edge again and fighting those evil vampires. Who knows? Neclord might be there somewhere lurking or a major vampire war might occur. Okay, I think I'm going way too far. They're probably of on a journey finding another rebellion and helping the kid who's starting the rebellion for the heck of it. It is in their personality to be very rebellious. They'll most probably be the contact of the next hero to Dunan and Toran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: