Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Hix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok... if I remember correctly, when playing Suikoden 1, Hix is supposed to be Kliff's son, the great warrior of the Warrior's village, yet on Zorak and Tengaar's profiles it says they are in the same bloodline as Kliff.

But she is supposed to marry Hix, one day right? I've been confused by this for awhile now and never got around to asking it.

so is it another translation error or what?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Klift's son? Hix? Dunno what you're reading, but Klift's records about establishing that pact with Hikusaak are of some hundreds of years before Hix's birth.
Now, if you're talking about him being his spiting image at this day in Suikoden world, that would be a different story...

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aren't all of the people in the Warrior's Village referred to as sons and daughters of Klift? I mean, the guy lived hundreds of years before Suikoden I took place, but since he founded the village, they might very well simply refer to themselves in that fashion. I doubt Hix is trying to marry his blood sister...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you got a quote from Suikoden I as it might be that you're just getting confused over statements.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i think you might be getting something confused here. I never remember hearing anything about Hix being Kliff's son, or even being in his bloodline for that matter. As i remember it, it is only Tengarr's family that is related to him. That is the reason for Zorak being the leader of the Village. I may be wrong, but i think that is how it goes.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, thats what I would hope too, Parallax..he wouldnt marry his relative.. No I'd have to play threw that game again, and I dont know where you can find that quote from, but its when Neclord has Tengaar, and Hix joins you to go to Neclord's castle, in the Warrior's village ,Zorak says something to Hix about him living up to being Klift's son as a great warrior.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Zorak says something about Hix being a direct decendant of Klift the Crusader. Which, everyone in the village is suppose to be.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah maybe that was it, but if thats the case, why mate with their own brethren? dont even wanna think about it .

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems more to me like it's a pride concept moreso than an actual dna concept. Saying he's the 'son' of this warrior who founded the village and such, sounds like a comment made to be taken an an hour, moreso than actuality. Reminds me of the concept 'son of god', while Klift The Crusader isn't a god by any means, I think the phrase could be taken in somewhat the same way. Of course the two have different complexites and I'm not trying to tie it together with anything religious in the least, just as a phrase example. I think it was only said to put emphasis on Hix being a good warrior, because he went after Tengaar, regardless of the fact that he may actually be lacking as a warrior... alright, and maybe his girlfriend could kick his butt, and I don't quite understand how he could rescue her any better than she could rescure herself, but hey :P

-My DeviantArt-
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hix is definitely not Klifts son, if he is a descendant of Klift all of the Warriors in the Village are sons of Klift, because in so much as they were born in the Warriors Village which he founded and trained in the methods that he began, They're all perverbial descendants of Klift without having any actual connection to Klifts bloodline. Zorak and Tengaar are actual blood descendants I believe and that's why Zorak is Head of the Warrior Village and the entire Village tries to save Tengaar even though they left several other Warrior Village Women out to dry. Also think of the process of Hix naming his sword similar to the process of being Knighted. It's kind of ceremonial, even if it has to take place amidst a battle. What Zorak says is meant to be ceremonial and is a Warrior Village Blessing more then anything.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But even if they were blood relatives, I couldn't blame Hix for macking on Tengaar. Thats some hot tail. I'd be willing to have deformed children for Tengaar.

^Actual quote!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, Blue Thunder. That was awesome.

Hix is regarded as the "son of Klift" because he's a member of the Warrior's Village. Its like how all members of a certain church are regarded as the "Sons and daughters of Abraham" even though Abraham lived so far ago that it is an impossibility that they are the literal blood children of the prophet.

Tengaar is the true bloodline of Klift though, as is Zorak (I can't help but think of the mantis from Space Ghost). Once Zorak dies, will Tengaar become the new leader or will it go to Hix, Tengaar's husband?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Totally Hix, the Warriors Village is not an equal opportunities village. Hix doesn't understand why Cleo fights because she's a woman, tengaar who is clearly the better fighter of the two will never be considered a warrior in her village. She doesn't even consider herself a fighter, she's constantly playing the damsel in distress so that Hix can save her.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know about Tengaar being a better fighter then Klift, perhaps Zorak meant Hix's father, who might have been a great warrior too, named after Klift?

I wont even say anything on the deformed kids part..

Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty sure Zorak just meant that Hix is a decendant of Kilft, just like all other people in that village.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: