Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About Kyril + More [Spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In combat I found Kyril to be pretty poor. His rune isn't good at all, my first play through I didn't use kyrils rune till the very end when he recieved his Final skill for it. Till then he mainly used he's Rage sword orb and did I mention it seems to take forever for kyril to get a turn in combat only to run up and b a few steps from the enemy and unable to hit them for being out of reach?

You didn't really use him well enough. He's one of the few characters who could reach
the HP amount of 300 and 400 in which others would need more levels to reach that amount then he would. In short: He's a tank character. He's also one of the two who has a skill that enables 3.0x damage besides Kika. And if you equip him with the right
skills, he could do a mean 1000+ damage on critical occasions. I think of him as the 2nd best characters in Tactics besides Lazlo.

Quote:
AND HIS MOMS A GOAT! HIS DAD ****** A GOAT!! IS THERE ANY MORALS OR RESPECT IN THE WORLD ANYMORE?!

*LAFFY* :lol:
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure she has hooves instead of hands too.. check out the back of the instruction booklet, I'm pretty sure you can see them there. Unless I'm just crazy.
Either way, like it's been said, she has a lot of the goat qualities, it's hard to say how Kyril escaped any. Maybe he'll sprout horns or something in a couple years :P

I have to agree that Kyril was a pretty linear character. I didn't find him surprising at any part really. The foreshadowing that Yohn was his mother sort of set me up to that plot as well. I just didn't know how they'd go about it. I'm sort of indifferent with Kyril, I didn't partculary care either way for him. He was strong enough to keep up in battle, and that's all he needed really.

-My DeviantArt-
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I've never notced if Yohn has hooves, or hands. I guess I'll have to look extra hard the next time I see her.

About Kyril, he's one of the most dependable characters in battle, at least in my opinion. I think he's the one who's died the least times(maybe two times) in my playthrough up until now. His voice acting though, he sounds like a jack-butt. I was really happy when I heard that in new game+ you can skip the scenes, cuz that woud mean hearing less of his terrible voice.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril is good when he actually arrives into the heat of a battle. He moves slower than the rest of my party though.
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril aging is still a bit of a mystery to me. If his aging is affected due to Yohn's blood within him, how come he seemed to age normally from a child to a young adult at the beginning of the game?

Or is his aging only affected when he reaches a certain stage in life?

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gunloc wrote:
Kyril aging is still a bit of a mystery to me. If his aging is affected due to Yohn's blood within him, how come he seemed to age normally from a child to a young adult at the beginning of the game?

Or is his aging only affected when he reaches a certain stage in life?

It stops after a certain stage of life. Kind of like a true rune. I remember Seneca or whoever was telling you about what happens in the end mentioning Kyril's age. The person said something along the lines of, "We all aged but Kyril didn't".
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito wrote:
His voice acting though, he sounds like a jack-butt. I was really happy when I heard that in new game+ you can skip the scenes, cuz that woud mean hearing less of his terrible voice.

Laff. It's funny because it's so very true. His voice was quite dodgy at best, but fortunately, he was in the minority there. Most of the voice acting in Rhapsodia / Suikoden Tactics was pretty good overall. I tried not to listen to him when he talked. New Game + is rather wonderful, being able to skip the scenes and all, BUT you still have to watch/listen to all of the scenes that happen while you're, for example, looking at the world map sitting on a town, and Andarc and Kyril are bantering about something stupid. "Walter was an...engineer..." and all that. Can't skip those. Kind of annoying.

But...er...personally, I thought Kyril was more or less a beast in battle. His 3x damage skill killed the final boss in one hit for me. I just kinda ran up, survived a couple turns dancing around while I got Kyril into position, and then whacked him. The one problem I had with him...and I'm not sure if this is my fault (I may have put a Berserker Belt or some such on him...) but...is Kyril's accuracy a bit below average for anyone else?
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anyone pls tell me when Kyril wld be able to kill fishmen???He always said:"No Good, I cannt do it!" and left 1 HP for the fishmen to live. Thanks!!!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's actually an exact point in the game when this happens. If I'm not mistaken it's right after:

*********Beware of Spoilerific action ahead*************

Kyril kills Martin after he's been turned into a fishyman. There'll be a scene in which Yohn and Kyril tell Corseria of his last wishes and Kyril gets really spirited. You'll get a message telling you that Kyril's completely recovered or that he's at full power now or something along those lines.

**********End of Spoilerific spoilers************

This event occurs in the last chapters of the game, so it's really not that much of an improvement. I actually found Kyril's "weakness" quite useful. I left the fishies with one HP and used one of my lower level characters to finish them off. It's quite useful for leveling up weaker characters. Hope that helped you.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks pal!!!its a very useful info to me!!!hehe... :lol:
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry about it, happy to help ya. :mrgreen:
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*******Suikoden Tactics Spoiler********

People have also said that Kyril can kill Fishmen a bit earlier if you were able to unlock Simeon's quest by giving him the "Alger Doll" and a "Wizened Arm" when he asks for it. You should have had a campfire scene triggering Simeon's request as the storyline progresses. I believe that was after clearing the laboratory on Caleron, but don't quote me on that.

After giving him the items, the result is a minor side-quest that reveals the background of the Fishmen creation. But in the process, you get into a fight with numerous fishmen with Simeon, Kyril and Corselia as required characters.

Personally, I haven't tested this myself since I wasn't able to obtain the Wizened Arm down in the Mother Earth Chamber, until after that particular Martin event. But after seeing the scene myself and having Kyril as a required character in those circumstances, I believe that information. But there's no way to tell without confirmation. Perhaps someone else can confirm whether or not that information is true.

******End Spoiler********

Oh and Kyril tends to miss or have his attack guarded because he doesn't have a Bull's Eye skill, for whatever reason. It's pretty infuriating at times, but his Swallow Rune make up for it.

And as for voice acting, it could have been done better. I thought it was bearable, but they should really make it sound like they aren't just reading off of a paper. They should have forced the actors to motion-speak, as in move and act while saying the lines.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*SPOILER ABOUT SOMEONE, DONT READ IT CAUSE I DON"T WANT YOUR FREAKING GREIFF!*

Am I the only one who thought of Jeane at the end of Suikoden Tactics? Common, This is it! Jeane doesn't have a true rune, yet she is over 150 years old. And Animals follow Jeane! My cats and dogs follow my goats all the time! Jeane is a half blood like Kyril. Jeane even has gray freaking hair like yohn. Common people!!

*END OF THE SPOILER THAT MAD YOU REALLY MAD AND IS GOING TO CAUSE ME TONS OF HATE MAIL BECAUSE I FOUND OUT THE TRUTH*

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering his mom was a goat, I guess I'll give him some leeway over other, more human characters. I mean honestly, what purpose did it serve for that little twist. Aside from making me laugh for a good 3 minutes at Walter, what was the purpose?

Kyril sounded like a dope, he wasn't very charismatic (something all other hero's were) and he lacked that `look in the eye` that allowed us to recruit so many stars in previous games. He is completely different than past heroes and while that may be refreshing to others, it is not to me. He is a weak lead character in respect to being a hero and having a personality for leadership.

Kyril was a great guy in battle. He could tank... and his swallow rune was nice. I worked him with Millay and a mage as my number 2 battle group. Millay had extra move allowing her to flank anyone and then pull back behind Kyril again. He's tough, parry skill and a story character. What else can you want from a tank. Obviously the 3rd level spell makes him a boss killer...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could somebody relay the gist of the Simeon sidequest? I've already finished the game, but I really wouldn't want to go through Obel Ruins twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: