Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I never really had hard times playing the game since I powerleveled my characters to level 50 even before the parade. Right now, my Vaan is level 51 and I am currently supposed to go to King Raithwall's tomb.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
It's really tiring to grind all the enemies to increase the level and the LP of your characters.

There are two accessories which can help you out with that. Embroidered Tippet and Golden Amulet. The first one double experience points gained and the latter, doubles License Points gained.

Yvl wrote:
I'm up to the magicite mines (the cave kind). I keep getting killed by mines (the explosive kind)!

Or equip a bangle, which allows you to automatically have Libra. With it, you don't have to cast it, saving you like three precious seconds.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-uwangski:

Yes, I know about the accessories. But I'm not yet that far into the game to get hold of them. I had to grind all the Werewolves in Giza Plains to reach level 50 before proceeding with the main story. I already racked in 36 hours into the game before going into the Garamsythe Waterway for the first time.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can somebody recommend this game for me?

I'm currently on the fence about buying this game... I haven't been a huge fan of Squeenix as of late, and I've heard some stuff about the game that turns me off.

The last FF I played was FFX, and it was kind of enjoyable. Do you think I'll like this one?

ps. I'm mostly worried about the battle system. Is it as bad as some people say?

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The last FF I played was FFX, and it was kind of enjoyable. Do you think I'll like this one?

It all depends on your taste really, FF X and FF XII have totally different styles. For example, FF XII takes more of a political approach in its plot compared to FF X focusing on Tidus and Yuna. Seeing as you are a Suikoden fan, I think you would like the political story of FF XII, Firefly. If you ask me, FF XII blows FF X out of the water.

Quote:
ps. I'm mostly worried about the battle system. Is it as bad as some people say?

It's not really that bad. In fact, I'm having a good time with the battle system FF XII has. It takes some time learn it all though. And most of the comments I hear about the battle system are usually from noobs who haven't learned everything from the game. They usually blame the game for not making this or not making that when it all can be fixed if you learned the battle system.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ryusei"]Well, I never really had hard times playing the game since I powerleveled my characters to level 50 even before the parade. Right now, my Vaan is level 51 and I am currently supposed to go to King Raithwall's tomb.[/quote]

Whoa.... even I can't do that. I'm still at Lvl. 27, and I'm to go to Bur Omisace. Although, I'm pretty sure that would take out the challenge of the bosses in the game.

Progress has been slow for me in this game, sadly. Right now, all my characters are at level 27. I'm taking some time off to get everyone the best equips at that point, and so far I've got a hundred gil left.

Oh yeah, special not: Poles are great. Get them. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Whoa.... even I can't do that. I'm still at Lvl. 27, and I'm to go to Bur Omisace. Although, I'm pretty sure that would take out the challenge of the bosses in the game.

Well, I found this very useful powerleveling guide at gamefaqs. I could post it here if you wish. It also helped me get 300,000 gil or more, and completing the augmented part of the lisence board while doing it. It's really helpful. Bosses don't even stand a chance against me.

Quote:
Progress has been slow for me in this game, sadly. Right now, all my characters are at level 27. I'm taking some time off to get everyone the best equips at that point, and so far I've got a hundred gil left.

Oh yeah, special not: Poles are great. Get them. Razz

What type of pole do you currently use? I already have two kinds of poles but I don't use them. They are weak compared to what my party uses now. My Vaan uses a Gladius (dagger), which has 45 attack power, my Basch uses a hand axe (axe), which has 47 attack power, and my Ashe uses a kotetsu (katana), which has 50 attack power. After I finish Raithwall's tomb, I'm planning to get a Deathbringer from that rare monster I heard of.

And what's up with guns? They do little to no damage on enemies. I know they ignore the enemy's defense but I don't see them doing any more damage than fighting with bare hands. I'm not using Balthier much because of this.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't believe in using Gamefaqs the first playthrough. Up to the evil wall. That bastard gave me a hard time in FFIV.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What?

My Balthier does the most damage out of all my characters. bizarre. :P

Oh, and I currently have these:

Vaan - Sword (Will be changed to 2-handed swords as soon as I can get them)
Fran - Crossbows
Ashe - Hammer
Penelo - Poles (Iron Pole is good, Slow is such a useful thing to have.)
Basch - Katana
Balthier - Gun

Though i will check out that powerleveling faq, Ryusei.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My equipment:

Vaan (17) - Dagger
Balthier (13) - Gun
Fran (12) - Bow
Basch (12) - Sword
Ashe (17) - Sword
Penello (16) - Dagger

I've got several people with poles licensed, but I havent gotten around to actually buying one of them yet.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're gonna look for it, Archy, look for it in the FF XII board. It's all in there, if it's not yet deleted. The people in there post a lot. And by that, I mean if you post at a certain topic, it would be moved to the third page by the time you post your message. Better search for it now and save it before it's too late.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I found it. I felt kinda dumb looking at the FAQs part, though. :P

Oh yeah, the Pole i'm talking about is the Iron Pole. It's got something like 50-ish attack power, as weel as a chance to inflict slow on the enemy. It helps me alot, seeing as how Slow will REALLY affect the opponent.

Then again, you're at Lvl. 5o now, so you probably won't need something like that. Still something worth checking out, though. :D

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iron Pole, eh. At what place and what part of the story could you buy it? Just blacken out the story part a bit, just to avoid spoilers. I only have the first two weakest poles though. Poles would be very useful for enemies with high MAG DEF.

Just a friendly note: You can get the Deathbringer sword, which has 90+ attack power and death effect, after the Raithwall's tomb event at the Barheim Passage. You can steal it from the Itsuno rare monster in there. The rare monster is disguised as a treasure chest.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Iron Pole, eh. At what place and what part of the story could you buy it? Just blacken out the story part a bit, just to avoid spoilers. I only have the first two weakest poles though. Poles would be very useful for enemies with high MAG DEF.

Just a friendly note: You can get the Deathbringer sword, which has 90+ attack power and death effect, after the Raithwall's tomb event at the Barheim Passage. You can steal it from the Itsuno rare monster in there. The rare monster is disguised as a treasure chest.

Is it a one-handed sword?

If so, I can't get into Barheim through the Estersand. Is there another way?

Oh, and you'll be able to get Iron Pole when you get to some snowy mountain. I did buy it at the bazaar for a cheaper price, though. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, a one handed sword it is.

As for going back to the Barheim passage, you'll need to get the Barheim key. To get it, you'll have to finish the Flower Cactoid and Nidhogg mob hunt first. Then, speak to Dantro (the one who gave you the Flower Cactoid mark) and you'll do quests for him and for his wife. Get the items Dantro's wife is asking and you'll soon get the Barheim key. Use the Barheim key to go back the the Barheim pass (I think you should use it at the door nearest to the Nebra village). That's it. I hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: