Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sims addiction

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rufus

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Sims addiction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I veiw my self as a serious gamer, but as one who is above the lowly games like car racing and building ones. i enjoy putting thought and strategy into my gaming. But why then the fascination with the most common of all games The Sims?

I am ridiculed by all my other gaming friends for playing it (days on end may i mention). Does anyone else have this problem? Are they to trying to hide thier sims addiction from the outside world? Do i just have to face the facts that I'm low-brow gamer wearing a mask of a more sophisticated one? Or is Sims actually a game where one can invest thought and strategy into, is it really a superior gamers game trapped in a common body?
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When the first Sims game came out I was big in playing it. I don't play it anymore. I ended up owning Sims all the way up to Sims Vacation. After that I just stopped playing. I do play my Sims City 4 every now and then. I'm not addicted to the Sims games though. There not fun enough to be addictive for me.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the first sims, but I looove the Sims 2. They introduced genetics into it, and oyy, it caters to my mad scientist nature.

My current mission is to see how long it takes me to get Pleasantville's default Maxis families completely related and thus, unable to breed. 2 generations and counting... :mrgreen:

I'm also making a uhm, mythic character neighborhood. So far I've got the Olympians and Space Lincoln (laugh now, but when his followers and Oprahism combine in 2695...HIS FAME WILL LIVE FOREVER).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I CAN'T STAND THIS GAME!

MY sister plays it like 24/7 and I go crazy because she will like never get off!!!!!!

!!! I don't find anything fun about this game.!!!!!!!! AHHH!! Its making me mad thinking about it. The sims disc was in my compooper and I took it out and threw it liek a frisbe at the wall. It didn't break. Because if it did. I'd have to buy another.......

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing that annoys me about it, is how I'll need to get a better graphics card soon. It takes 3 minutes to save 1 hours worth of playtime and the day-to-night transistion isn't to snappy either. I also think that maybe some customization of clothing and furniture (other than color) would have made the game even better...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki, the Sims has a huuuuge - gigantic - amount of fan modified clothes, furniture and everything else. The Sims 2 is really built to make it easy to put stuff in the game, too - just shove it all in downloads (or make organized subfolders like me, but I'm anal about organization at times).

I had the same problem with saving a game before (time to make a sammich!), but with the new business expansion pack, I haven't seen as big a slowdown so far.

Of course, I'm mostly been playing in the bluewater village thing, so that might be why.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, allow me to amend my statement Sophita, I meant one (a customizer) that came with the game where you could literally create clothes like you can in games such as Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and 4. Also, sadly although I have internet access, my Sims 2 is not install upon this computer, so I can't download things...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone in my family at one point got addicted to the game. It's a great game. I stoped playing it though. It's to addicting.

If I rember right, I belive there was a Suikoden Sim mods. I remeber seeing Albert and Ceaser Silverberg. Where the heck do you get them?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is so much more fun when you put in custom skins for your characters. I had a house of Star Trek characters, and a house of Suikoden characters.
Rufus

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think one of the reasons i'm so addicted to the Sims is that i'm currently on a mission for genetic perfection. I've started off with one Sim modelled on myself (whom i might say is pretty close to perfection) then begin to breed him out, and then his offspring and so for and so on. If a sim has big lips i breed it with a small lipped sim and so forth. All in the pursuit for the perfect sim and when that day comes all i have to do is eliminate all the imperfect ones...
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm addicted to playing a game that allows me to make a hotter, more succesful and everything I'm not right now virtaul version of myself. How can you not see the brilliance behind that?

For those who've owned the Sims2 long enough, I'm sure you've stumbled upon http://www.modthesims2.com already. For those who haven't, drop by and fill up your computer with a bucketload of useless and trivial things that'll make your virtual soul so happy.

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also an addict of this game though I only own one Sims game (The Sims for PS2)
AT first I thought it was boring with customizing and all, but it wasn't!
Even my 9 year old lil' bro plays it

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: