Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I thought that Zahak guy was Morgan!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the loose teeth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this seems to have relevence here:

i was reading up on some of the names of the main characters and found some interesting things. the following is quoted from wikipedia.com:

Azhi Dahaka (Avestan Great Snake) is a demonic figure in the texts and mythology of Zoroastrian Persia, where he is one of the subordinates of Angra Mainyu. Alternate names include Azi Dahak, Dahaka, Dahak.

Azhi Dahaka is described as a three-headed, dragon-like monster. He is said to have a thousand senses, and to bleed snakes, scorpions, and other venomous creatures. He also is said to bring or control storms and disease. This dragon was defeated by the hero Thraetaona or Feridun, but could not be killed; instead, he was imprisoned by being chained to the mountain Damavand.

It is further prophesized that Azhi Dahaka will break free of this prison as part of the Zoroastrian apocalypse, and will kill one-third of humanity before finally being slain by Keresaspa.

In the Shahnameh written around 1000 AD, Azhi Dahaka had a human form named Zahak or Zohak.

i think i will name my prince a variation of the name Keresaspa. i'd like to keep with the theme of persian influence.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the loose teeth wrote:
this seems to have relevence here:

i was reading up on some of the names of the main characters and found some interesting things. the following is quoted from wikipedia.com:

Azhi Dahaka (Avestan Great Snake) is a demonic figure in the texts and mythology of Zoroastrian Persia, where he is one of the subordinates of Angra Mainyu. Alternate names include Azi Dahak, Dahaka, Dahak.

Azhi Dahaka is described as a three-headed, dragon-like monster. He is said to have a thousand senses, and to bleed snakes, scorpions, and other venomous creatures. He also is said to bring or control storms and disease. This dragon was defeated by the hero Thraetaona or Feridun, but could not be killed; instead, he was imprisoned by being chained to the mountain Damavand.

It is further prophesized that Azhi Dahaka will break free of this prison as part of the Zoroastrian apocalypse, and will kill one-third of humanity before finally being slain by Keresaspa.

In the Shahnameh written around 1000 AD, Azhi Dahaka had a human form named Zahak or Zohak.

i think i will name my prince a variation of the name Keresaspa. i'd like to keep with the theme of persian influence.

Dahaka is also a place in Suikoden V. Moreover, the boating community of Raftfleet's main vessel is a ship with a three-headed dragon. This leads me to believe that Dahaka is Raftfleet's main harbor and base of operations. These connections are of course no mere coincedence because Suikoden V is designed to contain elements of Zoroastrianism. I just hope Ferid won't be leading attacks against the Prince while he is at Dahaka.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak was also called "Zohak" in the Zoroastrian myth. And Suikoden V is meant to have mythology and other such things from the entire middle east, not just Zoroastrian mythology and culture. The clothing is very Egyptian, and Jeane's outfit is an arabic bellydancer. The "Crimson Bird Clan" is very much like Egyptian mythology with the phoenix, and the various rivers reminds me of Mesopotamian history, because of the tigris and euphrates rivers. There's a lot of Arabic ties in this game.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dahak... sounds like the scary god from another world in Hercules and Xena TV shows..
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, back to Morgan:

I have a pretty strong hunch that the "Hero's Double?" from the character list is Morgan, as his hairstyle is pretty similiar and he seems young enough. Also, he is seen with another guy who also reminds me of a Suikoden I character, Kai (which might also be possible, as nothing else of his wherabouts are known other than when he has been with McDohl).

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Morgan hair is not white colour? but nothing is impossible in this game...haha!we'll see about that since it's gonna release!!!
Patricio

A Snowfall in Summer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh. With everybody speculating on who is secretly Morgan in this game, Pesmerga's going to get jealous.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh...that's funny...I always thought the Hero's double was a girl, due to the bright pink clothing s/he wears in the trailer...
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:
But Morgan hair is not white colour? but nothing is impossible in this game...haha!we'll see about that since it's gonna release!!!
And Jeane's hair colour is different in Suikoden V just because?

Dzerassa wrote:
Huh...that's funny...I always thought the Hero's double was a girl, due to the bright pink clothing s/he wears in the trailer...
But his facial structure seems more like a boys. And the clothes only had pink(actually seems purple rather than pink) and red highlighting, otherwise it was white.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Offence Ladies but Don't Forget FAlena is Dominated by WOMEN so they are probably big on cosemetics and Make-up. XD So for all we know the double may be Morgan. For all we know Windy is the true power behind this we barely know everything but the fact that Georg and Killey supposedly kill the Queen. and Jeane and Viki are back and Viki is ditzy like usual and THe place is taking place in Falena and even at that is may be Farlena the way it was pronounced in the movie
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gonna hafta disagree with Morgan being the best. He can be a favorite and there's no way to argue against who someone says is their favorite... but how Suikoden 3 handled characters "attacking"... Emily (and to a lesser extent, Juan) far outclass any other martial artist characters in terms of damage. When 4 went back to "one char/one attack" I was like, this game is gonna be damned boring... turns out it was. And any offense to Suikoden 4 was implied... I *BEEP* hate that game. Anyway, yeah.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess Suikoden II was equally boring for you then, due to the "one char/one attack" system that they had back then, huh.

No surprise to me. While the improvement in physical attacks was a welcome change in Suikoden III, the magical side suffered so much more. It's hilarious how the game that had the most amount of usable true runes in the series would be cursed with such limitations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: