Suikoden Unique and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Character that most significantly defines a Hero...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Suikoden Character that most significantly defines a Hero... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hero can be in the context of your own definition, but please offer your own definition for better understanding.

In my opinion, Gremio is the greatest of all the Suikoden "heroes." To quote the bible, in terms of his intimate love for the others around him, "Greater love has no one than this: That he lay down his life for his friends." Gremio did just that, and for that he deserves immense credibility. Amazing man, although he still sorta' bugs me hehe.

My definition of a hero is also just that, one who lays down his life for his friends. Someone who's own wants come second to the needs of others. A true person who lives an honest life upholding great integrity and moral conduct.

Gremio is certainly, a great 'hero', in my eyes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg is a hero, because he sees deeper into problems and is willing to make choices that normal men would be too afraid to make--choices that may make people think he is a heartless demon--for the good of everyone.

He lives by the maxim of "end wars as fast as possible to reduce casualties," and he has lived by that, even if it cost him in terms of causing tragedies. However, he accepted the consequences, and continues on with his ideals to make the world a better place. What a man!
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd like to say thomas; he was willing to give his best for everyone, in spite of his own self doubt as well as putting other's needs above his own-truly selfless, wise and mature, and while maybe not the foremost, he's definitely someone who deserves serious consideration.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal definition of a hero is someone who is willing to take a chance no matter the outcome to try and do something good with a bad situation.

With that in mind I say that jowy was a hero. Yes he may have sided with the "bad guy" in the character of Luca Blight, yet his ultimate goal was to protect his loved ones and get rid of an evil person. Although his methods were far from what you could call normal he did get rid of Luca Blight by sending word to Shu warning of the night raid, thus ending the threat.

As is the case with real life his actions which he saw as being the only way to rid the world of Luca it backfired slightly when Leon unleashed the Beast Rune fir the final fight. So if you look past that and the fact that he turned on his friends look at it from his perspective. He did what was needed in his mind to end a war and rid the world of Luca Blight.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A hero in my oppinion would of been Ridely or Kiba Windamier especially Kiba...First of all he was loyal to his King Agares Blight and was only loyal to him and he realized that Riou was a good man and i think he believed in a short amount of time that this was a cause worth fighting for.....But the reason why he's a hero is because he went into a mission where he knew he would lose his life and without a doubt in his mind he sacrificed himself to protect the ones he loves and because he knew it was the right thing,In my oppinion Kiba was an ideal hero
DarkenedHeavens

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say Tir is a hero. He never wanted to fight, but he only fought when a hero was needed.

A hero is just someone who fights for what they believe in, but he doesn't really want any blood spilled. He just wants the bad stuff to go away and resume his life as a peaceful person.

Tir is like that. He didn't want any leadership position, because he just didn't like war.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my point of view Luc is the only hero in my eyes, he is the one who fellows what he believes in and do his best to accomplish it regardless it being wrong or right, also someone one who doesn't think again in doing what he thinks is right, and that is what Luc did and ended up believing in it.

My definition of a hero is someone who closes his eyes to everything around him and just keeps going in his path believing in himself even knowing that it is the wrong one.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say a hero would be hero4 or luc

Hero4 because he was allways willing to use his rune in order to save his friends even though he knew that by using his rune he would lose some of his life force which would ultimatly lead to his untimely death.

Luc because well i was going to say EXACTLY what Njord said about a hero and now i will say it again i belive he is a hero because he did whatever he could to do what he viewed as right. Luc rock!

Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, though it kills me to say, a hero in a sense is a figurehead. The man who gets the big money and cushy place for it. For Suikoden I, it'd be Lepant, for II it *might* be Shu, for III it'd be *ack* Chris and well IV, I'll get to it after hours of thinking.

In my viewpoint "my" hero would be... Thomas? Yes, that's it. He stuck around afterwords to do the nasty work. And probably Hugo who had a whole place to rebuild. Tir and Riou both ran away (though Riou could have stuck behind) and Chris had her "knighting" duties to return to (read: cushy job and a still corrupt council).

Roger

Chain Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heehee. Threadomancy is fun! :D

My definition of a hero eh? Well let's see.

One who is willing to stick to their ideals even in the face of great turmoil and pressure. One who can face all odds and come out a better person for it. One who can teach you all you need to know about life, just by acting the way they normally would. That's a hero.

Looking through Suikoden characters I see one blaring example of those three traits; and the character that pops out first is Kuromimi! The little kobold wanted nothing more than to keep his people safe, and even though he was not much of a warrior, he picked up his sword so that he could remain on the front line and heal his people later on. Kuromimi is my hero.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Hero in my eyes is one that will protect people and close friends that depend on him/her. A Hero also needs to have an open mind, be able to retain a personality that wouldnt waver---because that would naturally be them. A hero needs to be a strong and uphold an image for others to count on, never mind the physical and mental endurance to keep going.

Theres alot of other things a Hero needs, although they are there to be a believable image for others to confide and believe in, and to protect the weak, or those unable to raise arms for whatever reason.

Suikoden characters that stand out, that i know of, is...well, i think Thomas stood out most. The castle residents confided in his courage, although he wasn't much of a fighter---and was just a kid going up against Zexen. Defying orders...

Out of Suikoden 4 the one that stood out was probably Elenor.....or Hero4. More so Hero 4 i guess, but you really didnt get a choice to not use the rune---well you did--but it resulted in shortening the game. So maybe Elenor? Or Lady kika...
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A hero is a label given by one person to another for personal reasons, usually out of respect. In my opinion, a hero is defined by the perspective of another. Where one person sees a hero, another sees a normal wo/man. It can only be described in the abstract as there really is no one action that automatically grants the "hero" title.

Just from these posts you can see that everyone has their own definition of what constitutes a hero. The general consensus is that he does something and is respected by other people for it. Whether that's annexing a city to end a war quicker or giving everything for nothing to protecting friends and family. The only common thread that I see is that the person is respecteded as a hero by another person.

Given that, most people are heroes in Suikoden except for Pahn... he's an asshat

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, Pahn is a hero. Pahn followed his conscience and did what he thought was right, even when it came at great cost to him. Pahn did what he felt was the right thing, regardless of the cost to him, and the costs were steep - he lost his friends and family, and his loyalty to his conscience did not give him anything more than a troubled heart and a first eye look at a corrupt government. He eventually realized that he was wrong to turn Ted in, but he followed his heart first. And I can respect that.

Gremio is a hero, too, I think, for reasons the original poster mentioned. I think anyone willing to give up their life because of (platonic or otherwise) love for someone is definately someone who deserves a hero's status.

I do not think Luc was a hero thought. I think he was selfish. :/

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita,how was luc selfish he followed what he believed to the very end and unfortunately that led to his death.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was selfish in that he wanted to bring Grasslands and Zexen along with him. He couldn't just go to one corner of the world and do the ritual there (ok, he can't but I am just saying).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: