Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One Piece is the Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understand the similarities you may notice between Nami and Vivi, but I do not think that Robin looks similar at all to those two. Even the face structure is different...

... and then there are Conis and Saya who look nothing like those three...

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i haven't seen Saya. But Conis does have some similarity to Nami and Vivi. Especially the eyes. And i do think that Robin does look similar to them (in comparison to the face), it's just the hair color that's different.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peekaboo! I see you!

Well, currently, the manga is up to Chapter 423, and the anime is up to episode 275. 276 will be out in September 10th.

Then there is the question concerning the manga: Who will join the Straw Hat Crew after the Enies Lobby arc? It will contain spoilers, so be careful where you highlight.

SPOILER:My brother has a feeling that Lucci will be the new member in the crew. While that would be awesome, I kind of doubt that. It would either be Franky or Paulie. Most likely Franky, although he's one ugly b@$^@&d. If he does, hopefully at the least he'll put on some pants. ><

I would like to see the other members of the Shichi Bukai as well, other than the four we know of, plus a possible fifth. All that i can name at this point are: (Crocodile), Hawk Eyes, Donquixote Donflamingo, Shanks and Blackbeard may be joining this very exclusive group.

I reckon that Chopper will learn about that body feedback technique that he heard about from Kumadori, that poetic Kabuki hair guy. I think he will learn it to master that Monster Chopper Point.

I must see Aokiji again. He's so cool!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher, I believe it's Paulie that will join. Don't really think the other guy'd join as I don't *yet* see any indications he might join, and his affinity to Water Seven seems like to me he'd always stay there.

The currently and speculated known members of the Shichibukai are *SPOILERS*: Baroholomew Kuma, Doquoxite Doflamingo, Mihawk, Crocodile (Former, and his replacement might be either Shanks or Blackbeard), and that Merman guy whose name I forgot. So that leaves us to about... 4-5 members, considering maybe Shanks had already joined the group before.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do watched a bit of the anime and read a bit of the manga... and it was awesome!! I like Sanji as a character, he is cool, he cooks and he uses feet to fight :mrgreen: and me like Zoro/Zolo too :wink:

Last edited by Flamo Bringer on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, and I want too see all of your opinion on this one... what do you guys think One Piece, or simply to put it Gold Roger's treasure really is?
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the Merman, do you mean Arlong, the thug at Nami's island? Well, i believe that he was supposed ot be a henchman for one of the Seven Pirate Gods /Warlords, but not one of them.

As for what One Piece could be, two things come to mind.

1) The source for all the Devil Fruit, like a Devil Tree or something like that. I wondered how in the world the Devil/Cursed Fruits came about, and i believe that this treasure of Gold D. Rogers must be related to it. It may have been about the Pluton as well, but that is abnother theory.

2) It could have been just a description of his treasure. As in" I left all of my treasure in one piece", and isn't anything more special than that. :*laugh*:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've really enjoyed One Piece, the sub of course, not the horrid dub. To be honest, it took me a long time before I started into this. I wasn't sure if I cared for the character designs or not, so when I finally got around to downloading it, there were 100 and some odd episodes out. Man, it didn't take very long for me to burn through those. The story really hooks you, and even the filler arcs don't bother me very much. I do enjoy reading the manga too, but with only 11 volumes of 40 some odd released here, it'll be years before it's over, and with it still ongoing, who knows when it'll end? Plus, it's about pirates, and we all know pirates = cool!

~Uguu!~
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*stands behind of crowd of lunging and groping hands with voices "Joo~iin uuus" echoing and wailing for all eternity*

Sailor Sexy is one of us now.

So which one did you see first, the sub or the dub? I imagine that it must have been hard for you to watch how 'corrupted' the dub was.

Who's your favorite character so far?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched the sub first and just about died when I heard the One Piece rap, and I was busy making a noose when I watched an episode up to a commercial break. Thankfully I bumped the remote onto the floor and it turned the tv off so I was saved. My favorite character on the crew is Robin. She a nice counterbalance of calm to everyone else, so she stands out a bit more for me. Of the enemies Luffy has faced off against, I rather like Captain Smoker (Chaser? Man, I don't have enough rage to properly express my hatred of that). I'm only up to date as far as Kaizoku keeps me though, I tend to stick with one fansub group for a run if I can.

~Uguu!~
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, cool. Robin's actually one of my faves as well. But if there was a number one character, for me it's Aokiji. So cool...on so many levels. :*laugh*:

If you need to get up to date, you could check out the episodes at YouTube. It's so long, up to episode 275 or somewhere there. And i know what you mean about sticking to one fansub, though.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GOMU GOMU NO....BAZOOKA!!!! Fellow One Piece lovers! It's pretty good stuff, I just finished the story arc that had Vivi and had Barque Works. And when does One Piece begin airing again?

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a while, but i thought that i would need to bring the anime up again.

I just saw the 277-278 one hour special. For those who have been keeping up, yes, the flashback finally ended. But it was nicee to see Aokiji, my favorite character. ^_^ And there was this announcement that there will now be showing on a weekly basis from October 14th.

unfortunately, although the Enies Lobby arc is going on, right in the middle of it, teensy flashback-fillers are going to appear! Episode 279 showed a flashback of Luffy's past, about how he wanted to save his nakama just like Shanks, blah blah blah. Episode 280 will be on Zoro and Usopp. Yeah, it's going to be like that for a few more episodes, obviously to spread the margin between the anime and the manga.

Speaking of the manga, hooray, the enies lobby arc has past the climax. Now it needs to have it's epilogue. To elaborate, (SPOILER)Luffy finally defeated Lucchi. It looks like my brother's prediction that he'll join the crew was wrong at this point. Not only that, but the Merry Going arrived to rescue Luffy where escape seemed impossible! I don't know if i should feel disappointed with this or happy. It seemed a bit too convenient for them to bring the ship back all of a sudden. Perhaps they'll explain it in the next chapter. And Aokiji has admitted that this it a total defeat for the world government. He's so humble and cool! (END SPOILER)

Hopefully, there will be more on the Shichi bukai in the near future.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just in case no one knows, they are showing new episodes finally at 9:30pm on cartoon network's toonami. they started it a couple weeks ago but i forgot to post it :P

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Figured I'd pop this topic up again due to the news that Funimation has acquired the rights to One Piece, so 4Kids is dead! Hooray! You can see the news here: http://animeonline.com/index.php?page=news_featured&ent_id=101234

This is great news for the series. Funimation has over the past several years become one of the best distribution companies around. They seem to be on a role for licensing good shows, and they treat fans of those shows well with a high quality product. I know there are still people out there that won't forgive them for what they did with Dragon Ball Z, but even on that front they've extended an olive branch and have re-released the sets uncut and with subs.

Now, from what I gather from this article, for right now they are just going to start where 4Crap left off, but when they've caught up with the required episodes for Cartoon Network, then it sounds to me like they're going to go back and release the whole thing from the beginning. Plus the box sets that they are releasing are going to be a good value. Dubs and subs, so you can take your pick. Uncut and unedited, with 13 episodes per set, for only $49.99. That's basically 3 DVDs for less than $14 a piece. As far as anime goes, that's a damn good price. Goes to show that Funimation listens to fans and knows that few of them could afford to pay regular prices for a series this long.

Here's to hoping that Funimation can fix the damage that 4Kids did to this fun show. I know a lot of the name changes and certain edits will have to remain on the television broadcast. That's Cartoon Network being stupid, and it was never 4Kids. However, the thing that I, and countless others hate about 4Kids is that they will never release an uncut and unedited subbed DVD. With Funimation taking the helm, things look a whole lot merrier for Luffy and crew.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: