Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics - A one time deal or a continual addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be great if the Tactics series followed smaller events around the suikoden world. It could quench the thirst for some of our favorite characters and give them a platform for a return. I would love to be able to see the Higheast Rebellion and use some of the suikoden 2 characters again. Even if the game was centered around a totally new character it would still be fun to see some familiar faces.

I guess depending on the sales, they will make this decision. Then again i wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on the next installment.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
sir_knowsalot

15313 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of sales, I know this is kinda off topic, but does anyone know how Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia sold in Japan? I think Suikoden is kinda big over there so it should do good. Lets hope it sells good here.

Ya, but if anyone knows how it sold, share the wealth.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not read everyone else's posts, but I am sure I know the general feeling. Traditionally, if the sales are really good for this type of game, in comparison to the standard format, I am sure Konami may release more games similar to this one, though still as 'extra' games, and not of the normal Suikoden1/2/3/4 etc series. It is an ingenious way to make games about lesser events of the Suikoden world and history, and I could see many more titles coming out in the Tactical RPG format. I have been dying for a Suikoden game set around the time of the Succession War, and if Konami was not willing to devote their time to a standard Suikoden game based on it, than a Strategical RPG like Rhapsodia would be perfect for it, in my opinion. Though, I would much prefer a game like Suikoden 7 to cover the Succession War...

Still, who knows what Konami will be thinking, and what cool ideas and projects that they may unveil to us over time. I am happy with knowing that the release of Suikoden Tactics is imminent, AND that Suikoden 5 is not really that far away, either. I know that we shall get either a Suikoden 6, or another similar game like Rhapsodia in 2006... With a growing fan base, I am not surprises...keep up the good work, Konami... So to sum up, I do not think that Suikoden Tactics will be a 'one time deal'. There is a high demand for TRPG's, so it just really makes sense.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes there are plenty of wars they could cover that were not covered in the games. Succession Wars, High East Rebellion, First Fire Bringer War, Highland-Jowston War (involving Genkaku and Han), Grasslands Wars, and a few others I'm sure.

I for one would love to see a war game myself. Something like Kessen, Dynasty Tactics, or The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

^Actual quote!
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden series has so many things in it that really
they could have virtually any kind of spin-off games...

A Dragon Knight action RPG with Futch (Drakengard)
A Stealth Espionage game with Nash (Metal Gear Solid)
A Ninja Assassination game with Watari (Tenchu)
A Vampire Slaying adventure game with Viktor (Castlevania)
An FPS with Clive or an exploration game with Killey.

There is tons of room for expansion,
and I am so happy to see it beginning with Tactics...
I hope the game does very well as to encourage future attempts
and broadening the scope of the series through side stories.

I would love to see any of the great conflicts already mentioned in other posts,
and it would be a chance for Konami to cash in on returning fan favorite characters.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that tactics would be perfect for the psp. I mean, the graphics aren't that great and has very little space to take up on a disc. Plus we need something to tide us over until the series continues on the ps3. So either that or another spin off on psp would be perfect.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be unpopular, but when has the high-east rebellion ever been talked about, besides very briefly in Suikoden III?

I know a lot of people would want it, but I don';t think a game based on the higheast rebellion is too likely. The games it was based in have been out for around 6-8 years now, and Suikoden II at least is extremely hard to find. I don't think a game involving characters and a plot only found in an old, rare installment would sell very well. I think they're choose to base it off one of the more modern titles - yet another foray into the Suikoden IV world, or, most likely , something dealing with Falena or the nations introduced in Suikoden V (Armes - either new or old, Zelant, etc.)

But then again, Suikoden V didn't sell well on either coast, so I'm not sure if they would take the time and money to flesh out a game based on the Queendom or not. :(

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But then again, Suikoden V didn't sell well on either coast, so I'm not sure if they would take the time and money to flesh out a game based on the Queendom or not.

That's becuase not everybody knows how great it is.( especially with suikoden haters, they probabally go around saying bad stuff about it and make people not want it )( i say we put suikoden postersaround where we live! to make people want and like it. maybe not but something)

I say there should be another tactics, i have this strange feeling they might make another( and i have been having alot of esp relating type of things and they happened ,like certain tv show episodes came on that i was thinking about), it would help them to have more time to make another normal suikoden ( as in 108 stars type) as great or greater than suikoden 5 , before suikoden 6 were to come out . It would make them have more time so fans don't go crazy for the next suikoden, and explode as if they hugged a land mine.
( although suikoden 3 took like two years to come out after suikoden 2
( but they might just bring one out yearly now, for all we know it could be not as good)
They should at least make another tactics so you could see more returning characters that are alive in more than one other suikoden.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't a fan of Suikoden Tactics myself. If they make one, I'll buy one, because I'm a sucker. I'll complain about it later though, have no worries about that!

If they did make another Suikoden Tactics game, I actually agree with Sophita about the Higheast Rebellion. I realize that everyone wants to see Flik and Viktor again (well, not everyone) and that's wonderful and all, but Konami wants to make games that people buy. How many people outside of the existing fanbase have played Suikoden II?

How are people outside of the existing fanbase going to play Suikoden II? If I hear one word about emulators, I will slap you. Really hard.

I'd rather see it based in Nagarea or Zelant, because I really didn't enjoy Suikoden IV / Tactics much, and I'd prefer to avoid that place and time as much as possible from here on out. It would also be acceptable to move to another place in the world, maybe something based off of Suikoden III...but it seems rather unlikely that they would explore a nation we haven't heard of yet in a Tactics game. My bet would be on New Armes.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Swish

3rd H.C. Regiment "Plague"

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
How many people outside of the existing fanbase have played Suikoden II?

How are people outside of the existing fanbase going to play Suikoden II? If I hear one word about emulators, I will slap you. Really hard.

I'd rather see it based in Nagarea or Zelant, because I really didn't enjoy Suikoden IV / Tactics much, and I'd prefer to avoid that place and time as much as possible from here on out. It would also be acceptable to move to another place in the world, maybe something based off of Suikoden III...but it seems rather unlikely that they would explore a nation we haven't heard of yet in a Tactics game. My bet would be on New Armes.

Well, if Konami was smart, they'd transfer Suikoden 1 and 2 onto one PS2 disc, and release it. I'm about 99% sure that it would be a "greatest hits" addition in 2 weeks.... but that's just me. Then again, i heard they were going to do that with the PSP... so....

I think if they do another tactics game, it'll likely be connected to Suikoden V. Just based off what they did with the prior Tactics game. Plus, i think it gives those who want a "sequal" satisfaction(even if it's minor), and allows them to put massive concentration on the next 108 stars....
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I hated Suikoden Tactics. The story was too bizzare to believe, the some of the characters were bizzare as well, the graphical presentation was crap, the music was not so good and the voice acting could be further improved upon.

But the one reason I bought, played, and wasted my time on Suikoden Tactics was to learn more about the world of Suikoden. Suikoden Tactics gave us further information about what happened in the Suikoden world. These are minor stories which are too small to be made into a Suikoden game. But these minor details would give us more understanding of the characters and the history of Suikoden. For example, we could learn of what happened to character X after event Y and what happened at country Y before the X event happened. Basically, it just gives us other notable minor information which would greatly help us in the understanding of the world of Suikoden.

So, yeah... I'd like a Suikoden Tactics II. If ever one is to be made, I'll be sure to buy it. It would also be nice if Konami would do the First Fire Bringer War or the Higheast Rebellion in a Suikoden Tactics. It would definitely shed some light to the mysteries of those wars.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought Suikoden Tactics, but after a couple days of playing I realized that it wasn't fun and just became too frustrating to truly get my full attention. So, I will go for the one-time deal camp on this spin-off title. Now if Konami did want to create a spin-off game using side and past historical events in the Suikoden world, I'd rather they create a game something like the Total War series which emphasizes nation building, resource management, diplomacy and, ultimately, real-time battles with accurate depictions of the numbers of men involved and dynamic controls.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see Tactics become an anthology series of games dealing with the aftermath of various major wars throughout Suikoden's timeline, or somewhat minor events we never saw (Succession War, Higheast Rebellion, etc.) No common storyline, just variations on the same theme. It would be an interesting way of fleshing out the universe without making a huge deal out of everything.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed. I doubt we'll see any of the past wars in a Suikoden Tactics title though.

Actually it would be a great series to transfer to the DS. Given Konami's love affair with Nintendo handhelds, this would seem a good move. And in that sense we'd probably get a full series going on the handheld with more entries than just one Tactics game after each Suikoden.

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well to be honest i thought Suikoden Tactics was a great game with a break in tradition. However it would seem likely that it would be the only Suikoden Tactics game around. That being said i can't wait for Suikoden 6 to come out.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: