Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 7 Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

even if it is a risk on the mercs part, there should not be that big of a risk. i mean what is the point of being hired and losing more than they earned. and it dosent matter whether or not they win or lose, they still deserve a payment that dosnet have them losing more solders than they can replace.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually confused with all this merc talk to protect them from losing soldiers. Losing soldiers is now a part of the game, this should apply to both mercs and non-mercs. Protecting mercs alone is unfair to the employer.

Dahgaba wrote:
i mean what is the point of being hired and losing more than they earned.

Well that is the risk that mercs now have to take, just like how non-mercs can end up losing soldiers as well. Think about how real mercs are hired. If I hire a mercenary unit consisting of 1,000 soldiers, and 500 of them got killed, would the price be different compared to if no one died? No. The price would still be the same regardless of what happened.

Dahgaba wrote:
and it dosent matter whether or not they win or lose, they still deserve a payment that dosnet have them losing more solders than they can replace.

This is very unfair to the employer IMO. If a merc unit lost, you expect the employer would have to pay the initial price and the full compensation too? If you become a mercenary and that's your terms of employment, no one would want to hire you simply because there would be no point in hiring such unit.

I understand that mercenaries can lose soldiers and might need compensation, but if you do need some compensation, make it reasonable. Don't put all the burden to the employer. If you're scared of losing soldiers, no one would want to hire you.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If a mercenary loses they failed to do their job adequately. That either stemmed from one of two things:

A: The mercenary isn't strong enough and shouldn't be hiring himself out without expecting losses.

B: Their employer used them recklessly, and they should consider that the next time that employer wishes to purchase their services.

Mercenaries who fail their employers should be lucky they get paid at all, in a realistic sense.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also Mercs. could charge depending on units lost. Not the full cost but a cost that's reasonable. say 75 potch per unit lost. Not that all Mercs. would want to do that considering if they did there job prefect they would recive no Potch. It's all up to how the mercs. set there contracts with the employer. This is the price mercs. must pay. It just makes there job more fun. The harder it is the more sastasfactation* they get from battle. They will just have to play smarter for now.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The old payment minimum was set based on the idea that soldiers are "immortal." Now the life is a bit more precious, inflation is natural.

The argument that the cost should remain the same is illogical. An analoy would be like arguing that oil price should remain the same even if we find a way to create petroleum from roadkill (in a very short amount of time, of course).

I'll probably increase the minimum and as for the rest, mercs can add stuff to their contract.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, modifiers for regiment tactics have been changed.
The following would be the new modifiers:

Back Against Open Water: x3.0 attack and x.0.5 defense
A Crane Opens its Wings x0.75 attack and x1.25 defense
Hiding Within the Shell x0.5 attack and x1.5 defense
A Dragon Coils Around a Pearl x1.0 attack and x1.0 defense
The Fast Arrow Pierces x2.0 attack and x0.75 defense

The only changes are Back Against Open Water and The Fast Arrow Pierces. Both of these have been given a boost with their attack modifiers. The calculators have been adjusted accordingly.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The emergence of regiment attack values of 6000-8500 scares me.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question about the death rule. What happens with the bonus soldiers from fortification? Say A started with 10,000 soldiers, and finished the battle with 11,000 soldiers. Would A still lose soldiers permanently (considering that we can assume that those who died are not the original 10,000)?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, that clears things up.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question, since we don't need to actually move soldiers around any more, and just give numbers what would happen if say I have 10 soldiers. Shrew says he will give me 10,000 soldiers. I lose. Do I go into negative soldiers? Do you take it from the nation leader? Or the nation as a whole?
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Okay, modifiers for regiment tactics have been changed.
The following would be the new modifiers:

Back Against Open Water: x3.0 attack and x.0.5 defense
A Crane Opens its Wings x0.75 attack and x1.25 defense
Hiding Within the Shell x0.5 attack and x1.5 defense
A Dragon Coils Around a Pearl x1.0 attack and x1.0 defense
The Fast Arrow Pierces x2.0 attack and x0.75 defense

The only changes are Back Against Open Water and The Fast Arrow Pierces. Both of these have been given a boost with their attack modifiers. The calculators have been adjusted accordingly.

What was the reasoning behind changing these?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killed soldiers will be removed from the relevant regiment. It won't matter of soldiers were actually reallocated or not. This means people can end up having negative soldiercounts, which would have to be amended by the nation leader or someone else.

As for the reasoning behind the tactics change, this is because previously the tactic "hiding within the shell" proved to other tactics, reducing the reason for anyone to use the other tactical options. The adjustment balances things out a bit more. I really don't like to talk about the reasoning behind changes though, so any future changes probably won't have any explanations other than, "in order to balance things out." However, I didn't want to give people the impression that I'm brushing them off either.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just say "Wizards Did It" and that should answer pretty much anything.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for the love that is all good and pixalated...man this makes things more hard. so they die and they are twice as expensive? could we hire villagers to fight or would they be lowsy and only good with farming tools in battle.
hey good idea for a new regement.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: