Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga series
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Xenosaga series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenosaga 3 is going to be out around the first quarter of next year.But instead of it being the 3 in a series of 6 its going to be the last.It seems that #2 killed the series so now their just rapping up and going on.

CLERKS
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? That sucks. I loved the first one and still haven't played the second, though I have heard it's not too good. I was looking forward to the series going on for a while. Oh well.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The second Xenosaga was a *huge* disappointment. The gameplay was a pain---the enemies had such high hit points even in the first area where you battle. The ES battles were...boring, sadly (Then again i never used the AGWS in the first game either), and really all the game had going for it....was Jin Uzuki. Yup. Sole reason why i played it. That and for the URTV's.

It was incredibly short and really didnt answer much if you look on it in a large scale. Sad though, if 3 is the last, i *did* enjoy the series. The 3rd game looks good though, looking at some screenshots. But Jin like..morphed into Citan i swear. Its not even funny.

I loved Xenosaga 1, and its style. The second Xenosaga style with their faces was really of putting---that and the changed voices. Boooo...(except Jin...i liked his new one). I heard their bringing back the character techs. Hopefully its true, the double techs were crap in 2.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, i never finished the second one...

I guess the Xenogears fanboys can stop crying about it being remade possibly as part 5.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only played 2 and didn't play 1, I thought 2 was really short but i liked it. It had better graphics than 1 and i liekd the voices. Sure there was not alot of big mach. battles but who cares. They weren't all that good in 2 anyway. :P I liekd Junior the best even tho he kind'a looked like a girl...

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenosaga is the biggest waste of potential I've ever seen for a game series.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't blame Xenosaga or the Monolithsoft.

They did what most companies wouldn't and LISTENED to their fans, who bitched about the length of cutscenes and lack of music.

Hell, the fan's bitched about just about everything in Xenosaga.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jhones wrote:
Don't blame Xenosaga or the Monolithsoft.

They did what most companies wouldn't and LISTENED to their fans, who bitched about the length of cutscenes and lack of music.

Hell, the fan's bitched about just about everything in Xenosaga.

You're kidding me, XS2 was a step back in every possible way from XSI, and XSI wasn't even that great. Whether they did "what the fans want" or not is irrelevant to me, because it was an awful game. Also, the fact that it's 3 episodes instead of 6 is disappointment enough. I'll never get my Xenogears remake.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Xenosaga 2... well, except for the music (it was the first time I muted the TV and listened to something else). And the gameplay could get frustrating from time to time...combos were only good for as long as the enemy wasn't able to boost. And more often than not, they were.

I've heard two different things, that Xenosaga 3 is 1) the last of the current story arc, and 2) the last of the series. I'm going to wait until I see more updates. But from what I've seen of the trailers and scans so far, 3 is looking to be a pretty sweet game. I'd be a little disappointed if they didn't continue, but if 3 kicks ass, I'd be cool with the decision.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Xenosaga series. The first was amazing, the second was a little bit of a dissapointment, but I just took in the story and forgot the mechanics. The whole story about Rubedo/Albedo/Negredo and the rest of the URTVs was very interesting! I thoroughly enjoyed the story of the game. The voices and such got a little annoying but who cares. If Xenosaga 3 is the final of the series I will be verrrry dissapointed, and the game better be crazy long because they have a ton of unaswered plot lines to finish up. Lets just hope for the best.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really loved Xenosaga's 2 story, but abhored the battles. It should never take an average of 5 minutes for normal battles.

I blame Namco for the problems with the series because they fired or lowered the positions of some of the main people who made Xenogears and Xenosaga 1 such good games. Tetsutya Takahashi and his wife (I believe her name is Soraya Saga, but I could be wrong) were downgraded really hervily in Xenosga two. Saga was fired and Takahashi's original screenplay wa modifed heavily. I've heard from a lot of sources that Takahashi will have an incredibly small role in the third one, which I think explains why it seems so different than the other two. The first two's storylines flowed well together and the third one's descriptions sounds nothing like the other two.

They've got Shion abandoning Vector and joing an anti-vector group thats out to stop their corruption and it's a year after the second one. How does Shion go from a high up in the company with no idea of their evil to part of a rebellion against them? They'll probably go into back stories to explain why, but that seems weak to me. I'd rather play as her seeing that her corporation is evil, not knowing it is after a year of unexplained change.

Xenosaga 3 has me really skeptical.

Last edited by Timbo on Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saga wasn't fired, she quit.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Saga wasn't fired, she quit.

They edited everything she wrote, basically told her nobody likes her writing, put her in a slot where she wouldn't be doing much and asked ehr to step down, which isn't the same as firing, but I think it's close enough.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't hear about all of that. From her blog she said that they edited what she wrote, and they decided to not keep all of it so she decided to leave. She was freelancing anyways.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like XS1 and I'm still working on XS2.... I found it really annoying how they changed voices and skins of characters. It's like, could you imagine if they would have shot X-Men 2 with half of the actors switched out. It just wasn't right. Plus the Global Samaritan quests to get all the good stuff were so annoying, its the main reason I haven't finished yet is 'cause I want to finish them before I end but I don't want to do them.

Anywho, being that XS2 didn't wrap up most of the endings it messes up how I understood how the series was suppose to work. I thought six games in sets of two. 1 and 2 were to invole the same characters and 2 and 3, 4 and 5.

Well if it ends I sure hope it will atleast end in a bang. Maybe a big enough bang for them to come out with Xenogears for psp (fingers crossed) :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: