Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Abizboah
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish! My friend has had my Suikoden II for like half a year!
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

getting abizboah is a waste of time you have to go to the same place in crom cave and then you won't be able to get all the 108 stars
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can still get all 108 stars if you get Abizboah, just make sure to not get his wife Rulodia. And make sure you also recruit Feather/Ayda. Really, you MUST recruit Feather if you want to get all of the Stars since Feather comes with Ayda.

You basically have a choice between Sigfried and Abizboah in the entirety of things.

^Actual quote!
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, you people should learn to read posts before posting... Not only did that person post something inaccurate, he posted something inaccurate after the accurate stuff were posted...

Anyway, if you're one of those people who make an effort to get every damn scene and quote in suikoden 2 possible, you'd obviously get the kraken family in one of your playthroughs... I happen to be such a person...

Krakens rocks though... I hate the fact that Rulodia isn't a star...

Also, it is still possible to recruit Ayda even if you do not recruit Feather. I think someone mentioned something related to that infront...
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope. You must get both. I personally tried every response combination during the Feather/Ayda scene and you must get both character together. If you refuse to protect Feather from the villagers he will be killed, and then Ayda runs off never to return.

^Actual quote!
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah blue thunder really knows his octopi. the explanation didn't bore me, well said. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been a proud kraken supporter for years. This also means I'm anti-Hai Yo. That bastard cooks cephalopods. Unforgivable!

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like my forest animals me. I dislike getting the Kraken's as even if you do get Feather/Ayda, if you get Abizboah you don't get your extra little scene at the end with Mukumuku and co.

What they should've have done is made Rulodia a Star of Destiny and had a character that joins up with her when she joins. I can't imagine how that'd go though...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I like my forest animals me. I dislike getting the Kraken's as even if you do get Feather/Ayda, if you get Abizboah you don't get your extra little scene at the end with Mukumuku and co.

What they should've have done is made Rulodia a Star of Destiny and had a character that joins up with her when she joins. I can't imagine how that'd go though...

That's an easy fix - make Chuchura the Ayda star of destiny! If you get Feather you get Ayda, if you get Rulodia you get baby Chuchura ^_^

I recruited the krakens one time - mainly just to see what happened and for Viki's unite... that was worth it ^_^

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually you do get the scene at the end with the flying squirrels if you get Abozboah. Whichever two large monsters you recruited will be there.

I personally prefer Abizboah over Sigfried in terms of power. Sigfried is great with magic and he has an empty rune slot, but I still like how tankworthy Abizboah is.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know that Blue Thunder. I'll give it a go on my next play through! Abizboah is stronger, but Sigfried at least has some story connections more so than Abizboah.

Falcon, that'd be a great idea! That's what they should do with the PSP release!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do the Krakens say when you recruit them. Sigfried does the whole "fair maiden" thing ("I bethroth myself to you") and Feather says "Thanks, I'll join you now." What do Abizboah and Rulodia say? I've Sharked them into my games and I know Churchara says nothing 9except crazy Kraken talk). ANy text-dumping translators out there?

And its amazing how long Abizboah and Rulodia can trapse around on land! They should dry out! Sharking them is fun, too, since you get them both at level 1. The big blue meanie with 20 HP. :)

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They actually don't say anything when you use the Listening Crystal, if my memory serves. They just groan and the recruiting message appears. And then they magically join you, probably using their freaky teleporting. I always wondered why I couldn't just use the Listening Crystal later since the krakens didn't actually use them to speak.

I always had the feeling they were connected to the World of Emptiness to be honest. The Blue Gate Rune summons creatures from this realm, and the krakens use "Blue Drops Runes" in battle, and blue seems to be the color associated with that dimension. Plus, they're super-intelligent freaky-looking creatures. It was said by someone (sorry, can't give a source for the life of me!) that the monsters of the Suikoden world are from the World of Emptiness, but this have only applied to Suikoden 1 since Windy is pretty much gone and not able to summon more monsters from the World of Emptiness (and if she can, she doesn't seem to be).

Or maybe I read too much Lovecraft? Chuchara could be a Cthulu in the making!

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: