Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Abizboah
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Abizboah Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall meeting Abizboah at all in my 2 times playing Suikoden II. Is it possible to recruit it or what?
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oyus~

Abizboah is recruitable, though really he takes up the slot of another star and really is more of a novelty than anything, however his physical strength is staggering.. Our lovely little squid is kind've a hidden character.

If I remember correctly, to get him you need to keep a Listening Crystal until you get to the Tinto Caverns, there's a lake inside. Walk around and find the place that triggers the Crystal then use it. Abizboah will join up, but he shares the same star as Siegfried, so you won't be able to recruit the fanciful unicorn lad if you get Mr.Octopus here :D

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If then can get his wife but then not get feather and that girl so you wont have all the stars.But you will get their child thats not a star you have to chase him around the docks I think.

CLERKS
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never gotten any of the ocupi family. Are they even worth it because when I played the game I would not do anything different...I've never even seen the bad ending. I got it the good ending without know it the first time!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i have also never spent the time to get the whole family. I always want to acquire the 108 stars so i never waste my listening crystals on the wife. I have more fun getting the unicorn and the griffon (maybe wrong on the spelling). Besides i think the whole process of Hix and his quest is quite funny. Funny enough that i don't want to miss it during my game. No matter how many times i have played through it.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm...I found that the large creatures in general were not at all worth using. I don't like the whole 'occupying two slots' deal, even if they were staggeringly powerful. Plus...there were so many characters in Suikoden II that I actually liked...it seemed like a horrible waste to take up slots with monsters. I thought all the monsters were pretty boring...the unicorn had a little story to him, and I guess the griffen did...but meh.

...Of course, I'm no one to talk, I used Flik and Viktor all the way through Suikoden II, just like in Suikoden I...and if they made another game with Viktor and Flik, I'm sure I'd use them all the way through that game, too.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a choice between Abizboah and Sigfried. Either makes no difference. Recruit the one you like.

Rulodia however is a 'waste' since it makes you unable to collect 108 stars because of the need of a listening crystal to recruit her, rendering you unable to recruit Feather who is a star unlike Rulodia.

I did try recruiting the octopi family on 1 play through...

And on most of my playthroughs, i prefered to recruit abiz than sig mainly because i have a thing for giant octopi.

Anyway, you won't 'meet' abizboah at all if you do not possess a listening crystal when you visit the tinto mines. And also, you cannot recruit him while on the way to kill neclord. You need to return after that with a listening crystal to a water body somewhere inside...
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you get Feather then?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possible Spoilers. Highlight below text to read...

To get Feather, go to the Forest Village northwest of Greenhill after getting the Listening Crystals from Beaudeux (is that his name?). Fight off the beasties and use a crystal. Both Feather and Ayda will join you.

As for Abizboah, after you complete the events with Neclord in good old Tinto, go back to the mine. Eventually, there's a big pool of water in there, and a balcony like area hanging over the water. Go to that balcony and use a crystal, and a giant Kraken will appear. That's Abizboah.

For Rudolia (Abizboah's wife, I believe. She's also not a star), go to the exact same place.

Now, to complete the Kraken series... After getting both Abizboah and Rudolia, go to your Castle's docks. You'll see a little freak with a pot on its head running around. Give chase! You never know what might be there! You'll get their brat, another Kraken (but this one is actually kinda cute) named Chuchara.

And lastly... Siegfried. To get Siegfried, you must have a "pure maiden" in your group and go to the Kobold Village south of Two River, then enter the Forest. I'm pretty sure you must have completed the sheep quest, and have recruited Hix & Tengaar, thus giving you the ability to enter the Forest.

I hope that helps.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Siegfred in my other games.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always get feather to get Ayda. Then I always get the unicorn, because bringing different ladies is fun ^^

-My DeviantArt-

Last edited by Elzamine on Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I too never got the whole octopus set, I remember getting only Abizboah in my ever real first play, I never knew about his other family members, or any hidden characters for that matter, I finished the game short somewhat twenty characters I think.

Years later, after discovering all these hidden and the rest ones, thanks to the faqs of course, I wasn't really in a stat to play the game just to get these extra ones, it would be nice to have them, use them for myself and see how they fight, but not worth it since I have the issue of always doing my best in my every play through, which would make this one really not worth it.

Though maybe I will try to make it just for the heck of it, I also still have to complete Clive's side quest you see.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rulodia was probably meant to be a Star of Destiny. That way you could have Abizboah and Rulodia fill in Sigfried and Feather's stars, and Chuchara could fill Ayda's star (Ayda comes with Feather).

If you watch the scene where you get Chuchara at your castle docks (who BTW is the little guy in my avatar) you find out several strange secrets about the krakens.

Firstly, the krakens can talk! And without a Listening Crystal! They totally faked it when you recruited them which makes it kinda funny. They made you waste two Listening Crystals recruiting them. They don't seem to be able to form sentences in the same way that humans can, but they can yell one-word sentences at the top of their lungs (or gills) repeatedly until you get what they're saying.

They can also teleport! Through the ground! They open up freaking warpholes in the ground and pop out all crazy-like. Then when they wanna leave they pop back down in the ground through another warphole.

Thirdly, Abizboah and Rulodia are training Chuchara for something. In the scene where Chuchara is introduced they start giving him one word commands like "TUMBLE! TUMBLE! ROLL! ROLL!" to which Chuchara spins around and dances and replies in a smaller (non-caps) voice of his own. He's less than a year old, but Chuchara can somehow speak.

Lastly, I think cephalopods are cute. And that's all I have to say about that.

The krakens have their own unite attack that damages the enemy front row. Abizboah or Rulodia plus Viki also have a unite attack that damages one enemy. They apparently harasses her when she visits the docks. I guess there isn't an octopus in the world that can resist harassing a young Asian girl in a dress.

Abizboah has the highest STR in the game. He also lacks a weapon and cannot have weapon runes or any other runes to boost his attack power so it evens out. Rulodia also has one of the highest STR in the game but suffers the same problems. Their Blue Drops Runes are unique command runes that upgrade as the kraken's levels increase (same with Feather's Rune). At max upgrade the command runes damage all enemies and are fairly powerful. Additionally, Rulodia has a Flowing Rune permanently attached.

Abizboah and Rulodia's stats are almost completely identical. Abizboah has slightly higher STR, Rulodia has slightly higher SPD and a Flowing Rune.

Chuchara has the second highest DEF in the game, right after Gadget. He also can't equip any armor. Even with the lack of armor he'll still likely have higher DEF than most fighters. His attack power is abyssmal though, and his other stats aren't anything to rave about either. He's hard as hell to kill...but he won't actually do you any good unless you somehow plaster a Firefly Rune on him and have him take hits for you. His Luck stat is also one of the highest in the game. Not that it helps him much...

Also, Chuchara has a secret stat boost. Past level 60, his HP stat boost is high. Most character stat gains get really low after level 60 (making level 60 a nice place to stop). But I'm not sure how high his HP can go. Suikosource says up to 590, which is ridiculously low. Another FAQ says that when they got Chuchara to level 99 he had max (999) HP.

Chuchara is the only kraken with an empty rune slot. Abizboah has Blue Drops and Rulodia has Blue Drops and Flowing. The only elemental rune Chuchara can equip is Water, and he's pretty bad with it (rank D). His MAG stat isn't good either. So I'd stick him with a Firefly or Wall or Warrior Rune. But then again, Water Runes are good for defense and since he's likely to take a beating really well a Water Rune might not be such a bad choice to help keep the party alive.

If you ever want to get the Kraken family, try getting them after doing Clive's Quest. If you're doing his quest you'll likely be spinning through the game and skipping most optional characters. After you see the entire quest recruit either Mukumuku or Shiro and take either of them to recruit Badeaux, and then get the Krakens.

^Actual quote!
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I'm scared. Somebody loves krakens a lot...
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a very in-depth and detailed analasys of the squiddley trio in Suikoden 2. I.. I'm a bit surprised by the depth actually ^^;

But I bet Himuro will give it a shot at recruiting them now ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: