Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The blacksmith system changes in Suikoden 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The forging system can work, it was done well in Chrono Cross...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The feature of embedding rune fragment on weapons sounds a great help for the characters and especially the Hero because it will reduce the damage taken from using the "Rune of Punishment" when we attach a rune fragment that heals some of the HP on his weapon.

The armor creating thing sounds like a nightmare because I am one of the people who really hates to find "raw materials" required for making anything like an armor or sword, so I'm not really liking this new concept, anyhow I would only hope it would be more easier and less annoying for us in Suikoden 4.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

isn't there a differnt game who upgrades weapons and their visual apperance? I found it quite "stupid" becaue, usless they acctualy do things to it then the same wepon shouldn't change apperance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Funeral

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so what, its going to be similar to FF8's system?
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peggie female? Alright, the name doesn't sound silly, but i can't imagine Peggie to be female... In fact, i can't imagine any female Lizards... Hmm... Come to think of it, i can't imegine female ducks either... Ah well, they all looked exactly alike...

Anyway, i just hope there will be a nice list of materials to make the armor created as an FAQ by the time i obtain the game, and then i hope the materials are friggin easy to obtain...
Loopy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those afraid of it being like Final Fantasy 8's system should keep in mind that other games have done the item creation thing and had it work quite well.

The Star Ocean games in particular come to mind.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think someone said you can attach up to 20 frags on one weapon. that's going to take a while.... and either the increase in powers is fractional per fragment or you're going to get really huge bonuses...
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope that should you ever want to remove a fragment from a characters weapon, the blacksmith actually removes it and puts it back in your inventory. Unlike in S1, where removing a fragment meant that it was gone forever. That sucked, especially if you had allot on someone. I hope the fragments are easier to come by than they were in S1 too.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I sure thought Peggy was a girl, at least I'm not the only one who did.

Is the forging going to be like how FFIII was and how you could forge things where ever you wanted with special abilities or is it going to be more like FFIX's system on only being able to synthesis in shops and how you can buy new different weapons that were available at certain point instead of continuously upgrading the origional weapons because FFIII's forging system was very irritating.
FFIX's wasn't as bad though.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have high hopes for this new system. I hope that is is efficient, and does not dissapoint.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, they did put back the weapon Rune slot back. Yay.

Making your own armor is so-so. I would usually not be able to make anything better than what was already given...Here's an idea. They should put a Rune slot on the Armor. Then, if you put a Rage Rune in it, you absorb Fire damage 8) !Maybe in another Suikoden sequel, god willing!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not weapon rune slots ala Suikoden II, but more similar to how rune fragments are embedded to your weapons like in Suikoden I.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will it be identical to suiko-I's method or will they allow you to attach more than one kind of fragment to a weapon at once.

Like how Suiko-II allowed you to attach three runes to a character instead of just one, will they change this for the weapons with fragments in the same manner?

Just a thought.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can attach more than one kind of fragments onto your weapons --- 20 per element. The three rune slots on the characters remained unchanged however.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Wow, they did put back the weapon Rune slot back. Yay.

Making your own armor is so-so. I would usually not be able to make anything better than what was already given...Here's an idea. They should put a Rune slot on the Armor. Then, if you put a Rage Rune in it, you absorb Fire damage 8) !Maybe in another Suikoden sequel, god willing!

Oh god, I just had a vision of Diablo II Expansion in my head... You know how long it took me to get off my D2 addiction?!?!?!

GAAAHHHH!!!! I gotta make a hammerdin!!!!!

*rocks back and forth mumbling to self*

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: