Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The blacksmith system changes in Suikoden 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finaily you can make you'r own armor in S3 I had a hard time finding good armor for Sassarri and guys that wear that low wate type armor.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No peggy was a male all off the lizard clan is males
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
all off the lizard clan is males

Then who is laying their eggs?

Didn't Peggi use red nail polish?
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Quote:
all off the lizard clan is males

Then who is laying their eggs?

The same could be said of the Alma Kinan girls. Who fertilizes them?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peggi is officially male.

However, there are female lizards. You just can't tell the difference between them.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to tell wtih those Lizard creatures ^_^. Peggy is a female name, but you never know :P

edit: ahh. Yeah, Alma Kinan confused me with their 'all one sex' thingie, I guess the same thing could be said about the Lizards. (I didn't notice there was a second page)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Alma Kinan women must either go out to other villiages for mating or they're impregnated somewhat mystically. (Which would make a bit more sense, since all Alma Kinan look alike.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I think Alma Kinan women must either go out to other villiages for mating or they're impregnated somewhat mystically. (Which would make a bit more sense, since all Alma Kinan look alike.)

I agree with that statement that they have a magical way of Reproducing i don't think they go outside the village because the village is so secluded and they have barriers and sh*t....And you think Konami would of gone in depth and explained and not have cut corners and the Lizard Clan they should make the females more feminine they all loook alike well except the recruitable characters
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The same could be said of the Alma Kinan girls. Who fertilizes them?

My theory is that some of the girls in Alma Kinan are hermafidites[man and woman genitals] :shock: but all still look more like woman.
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's great that they're adding a custom armor feature. As long as there are a lot of different types of armor and lots of items(possibly item combinations) then I think it will be fun to search for items. If the items also had more than one use(like in FFVIII, which is my favorite FF BTW) it would great, because then you are hardly ever carrying around useless junk.

Hopefully they will also keep an armor shop type option as well(or at least a place to buy armor items), in case you just need some decent armor for an insignificant part of the game or just for poeple that dislike searching out items.

As for imbedding runes into weapons, like in S2, that adds a whole new layer to the battle system(hopefully they will have the technique & double beat runes, my favs)!

Actual weapon growth is going to be pretty cool too, because your character is actually going to look more dangerous/goofy(depending on weapon) with each weapon name change. Monsters beware!
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This armor constructing feature sounds very interesting. Perhaps certain armor can be created before you come across an armory that sells it. Of course, crafting the armor yourself may also be cheaper than buying it. If the materials are dropped by enemies/found in a treasure chest, then you would only be paying a fee to the blacksmith for constructing the armor.

I hope they do include more than just the five elemental rune fragments. A Hunter Rune Fragment would be nice. If it stacks, your chances of landing a hit could increase! ^_^ Yeah, like Konami would ever be that generous. If stacking is included though, it would be nice to see rune fragments with effects like the technique rune, that increase in usefulness when more of the same fragment are attached.

On the subject of female lizards: I believe the lizard wandering around outside the training center in the Great Hollow is female. During one of the earlier chapters, when you speak with this lizard, she will mention something about being mistaken for a male.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I HOPE Peggi was male! And yeah, he did lack character along with a few other Suikoden III characters.
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember awhile ago, SARSadmin mentioned that something called the 'Great Wind Rune' was used in the construction of Windspun Armor. If Konami remembers this, perhaps it will be one of the required items needed to create the Windspun Armor; assuming it's in the game. Since it is normally the strongest armor in the game, I'm sure the only way to acquire it is by having the blacksmith construct it.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, the Master Robe is said to have been woven using a "Rune of Healing." I doubt Konami would remember, though.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no !!! he is a he....or she is a he....hahahahaha i think he is a pure cute man.....lizardman i think :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: