Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The blacksmith system changes in Suikoden 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: The blacksmith system changes in Suikoden 4 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The blacksmith system seems to be going through a major change in Suikoden 4.

At the moment, we already know that weapons that are upgraded end up changing its appearance unlike in the previous installations. In addition to that, amiths in Suikoden 4 would be able to embed rune fragments onto weapons, and also construct armor.

Embedding rune fragments is a feature that was discontined after Suikoden 2--In Suoikoden 2, you imbedded actual rune crystals into weapons, and Suikoden 3 discontinued any kind of runic embedding into weapons.

Suikoden 4 has resurrected rune fragments, and weapons can be infused with the powers of these rune fragments. In Suikoden 1, the fragments corresponded with the five elements, but we have no idea if this would be the same in Suikoden 4--or whether the fragments can be "stacked" much like in Suikoden 1.

The ability to construct armor is a completely new concept, and goes in tandem with the "raw materials" system. After you defeat enemies or open chests, you may find raw materials such as "fathers" or "leather." These items can be given to a smith, and made into armor.
Armor wuld still be sold in shops, but the more powerful armor would probably be attainable only through this system.

Also, Suikoden 4 would feature the first female blacksmith, Adrianne. Considering we have had 7 male smiths in the suikoden series (and if we include Jude and Tsai who both do some smithing, it would be 9), it's about time.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh, synthesizing. About time they added that to Suikoden.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there! Here's a pic of Adrianne (well, from the comic anyway ):

http://www.genso.com/iv_staff/comicall/9.html

See ya later :)
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds pretty intresting I hope there are lot of really different combos for the armor. Will their be limits to how strong a certain blacksmith can make a set of armor like the way smiths at the start of the game can only level your weapons to about level 3.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's great going back to the basics....And a female blacksmith thats always coo
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been hoping they would add that feature to the games. way cool.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*groans* Ugh. I hate having to buy materials (or worse - find them) and make armor. So timeconsuming. I'd rather actually be playing the main plot of the game, or at least a semi-respectable minigame. I loathe these quests with a passion.

Ah, well....Cool female blacksmith at least.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully there will also be other alternative ways of acquiring the same rare armours besides hunting these materials. Reminds of the days of Final Fantasy VIII, among others. *shudders*

That said, a female blacksmith is awesome... well, she's no Nekobold, but that's okay.

I suppose we'll just have to wait when it's time for the rune sage/teleporter characters to be males instead... har.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like being able to control how strong my armour and weapons are if your low on cash and you need better armour all you would have to do is go win some battles and get some materials
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it works out...it seems confusing but it will be easier to understand when it comes out...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
*groans* Ugh. I hate having to buy materials (or worse - find them) and make armor. So timeconsuming. I'd rather actually be playing the main plot of the game, or at least a semi-respectable minigame. I loathe these quests with a passion.

Have to say I agree totally. I dislike forging armor and weapons from raw materials. Like in Final Fantasy VIII.

I'm in two minds about the rune attachings. I liked attaching full runes to your weapons as in Suikoden II. But I never really liked rune fragments; I think it was nice to have excess runes, and instead of selling them, you can attach them to a persons weapons. If you can only attach rune fragments to your weapons, you'll actually have to go out of your way to find them if you really want them. Unless you can buy them, guess that would work for me!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I desperately hope its nothing like FFVIII's forging system. I direly hope it is something the Golden Sun blacksmith. You find special items in chest bring em to the black smith, and in a day he's forged you a good weapon or armor. You don't need to fight through thousands of enemies to get to good stuff ^^.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well frankly it's probably about time that they added a female blacksmith instead of going with the stereotypical male blacksmith. I suppose girls may have complained about certain proffessions in the games were always done by males which made Chris one of the heroes in Suikoden 3 and Adrianne the blacksmith in Suikoden 4. Either that or there is some story behind her being the blacksmith that we dont know yet in which case we'll just have to wait and see what the reasons are.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, I think Peggy really lacked character as a blacksmith. The only notable characteristic of his being "obnoxiously loud."
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't Peggy a female, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: