Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

King of Fighters XI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: King of Fighters XI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mms://end.pod.tv/am-sega/free/kof11.wmv

Here's a trailer. It looks fantastic! I haven't been interested in a KOF in years but this looks like it may renew my faith!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha. I find it funny that KOF had to change from years to numerals because they fell behind. They couldn't put out one game a year even though they hardly change anything from game to game. I know their company was falling apart though so it's not a big deal.
Oh well. I hope that game's good. I was one of the few people that actually liked KOF 2003 so I haven't lost faith in the series yet.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoy the KOF series, and I'm looking forward to this new one coming out. I felt that Max. Impact was really bad. Slow reaction times, English only voices, sloppy control issues, and the fact that it doesn't transfer well to 3D. While I enjoy 3D fighters like SC and Tekken, I feel that certain fighters belong in 2D, and KOF is one of them.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes definately. Max Impact is horrible. They're making a second one too! KOF should just stick to 2D. They have less competition that way too since hardly anyone makes 2D fighters anymore.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on campus right now, and i won't take the risk of being caught watching irrelevant videos :roll: . But KOF XI will return to the story of Ash Crimson, Mukai and stuff, right? It darn well better! I am dying to find out what happens after KOF 2003. I'm hoping to find the return of Shen Woo and Duo Lon. I find that Shen Woo had too little moves and hopefully if he appears here, he'll have an extra move or two. And i hope that Shingo will return, being my favorite character and all. ^_^ And Kensou should return! And what the heck about Korea's Mei Li?

Ah, that's what makes KOF so great, the tons of characters.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atleast I got to see 2 of my girls. BUT I haven't seen my favorite one yet. Where the hell is Mai??? :( She's the best character in the game. I saw King, who is a close second favorite. Is there a release date, or is it arcade only?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vince Muerto wrote:
Haha. I find it funny that KOF had to change from years to numerals because they fell behind. They couldn't put out one game a year even though they hardly change anything from game to game. I know their company was falling apart though so it's not a big deal.
Oh well. I hope that game's good. I was one of the few people that actually liked KOF 2003 so I haven't lost faith in the series yet.

I heard KOF03 is one of the best but I haven't played it.

It seems it's out in Japan arcades this year.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The King of Fighters is my favorite fighting series!! I played the very first one in an arcade when I was but a wee lad...I only have '99-'01. I haven't played the 3D one because I knew it was going to suck. I'm so glad the series is going back to 2D! That's the way it should have stayed

Quote:

Atleast I got to see 2 of my girls. BUT I haven't seen my favorite one yet. Where the hell is Mai??? She's the best character in the game. I saw King, who is a close second favorite. Is there a release date, or is it arcade only?

King is my favorite character too! I like Mai's storyline but I suck as her...I can't do combos. But with King...now that's a different story! I can't wait to play this new one! Thanks Himuru for showing us this great clip!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I heard KOF03 is one of the best but I haven't played it.

Actually, i found 2001 to be the best. Graphics and music put aside, the Tag Team system was not as good as the Striker System in 2001. It was nice that you could start off with 3 bars, as opposed to having an empty one at the beginning, Only one person could perform a LDM, which took out a lot of the fun, IMO. Mukai was about as hard as Igniz, or even harder. Darn him! And i also liked having a four person team. Like they say, the more the merrier.

Earthquake wrote:
Where the hell is Mai???

Don't worry. Mai has been there since the beginning. It just wouldn't be KOF without her. And she's one of my favorite characters as well. Not only for her assets, but i like her movelists. It great fun to annoy the enemy with the aerial strikes. :wink:

But then again, they did take off Kensou, Chin and Choi in 2003... :shock:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I said one of the best, not the best. :P Since I haven't played it I have no opinion.

To me KOF98 is the best. :)
Grayfox

The Silent

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vince Muerto wrote:

It wasn't because they fell behind, it was because they decided they actually wanted to take time and improve things this time, plus the jump from traditional Neo Geo hardware to Sammy's Atomisware format ment having to redo everything from scratch, hence the delay and change to numerals. SNK Playmore's also pretty sstable these days, they aren't falling apart like they were back in 2000/2001.

Also, KoF2k3 is awesome. Not the best (That goes to 2k2. Mature, Vanessa, and Kula on the same team? Hell yes!), but still good.

Earthquake923 wrote:
Where the hell is Mai???

Most likely taken out because she and Andy are supposed to be training Hoku from Garou: Mark Of The Wolves right now. You can also expect Kim to be disaearing sometime in the next few games (Because Freeman kicks the ever living crap out of him) and be replace by one or both of his sons, and more than likely Rock Howard will join the fray before too long. As for Joe and Leona, I'm not sure. I figure Joe's out to make room for Duck King, and there's probably some story reason as to why Leona's absent (Being of Orochi blood, that's a possibility for her)

Starslasher wrote:
Mukai was about as hard as Igniz, or even harder.

Ever played any of the pre-98 KoFs? Fighting Omega Rugal in 95, Orochi in 97, and *shudder* Goenitz in 96 was enough to make grown men break down cry at the very arcade machines before them. Then again, SNK boss AI in general tends to be very scary. Except Krizlid. He was a joke.

Starslasher wrote:
the Tag Team system was not as good as the Striker System in 2001. It was nice that you could start off with 3 bars, as opposed to having an empty one at the beginning, Only one person could perform a LDM, which took out a lot of the fun, IMO

I can see where you're coming from, though I do have to disagree. The Tag Team system gave gameplay speed a much, much needed boost, making things quicker with less pauses and breaks, which the KoF series really needed. LDMs were neat because they game some characters new moves to do, and they required you to think before you used them since they couldn't be used again, but I disliked some of my favourite moves (K''s Chain Drive, Ralf's Galactica Phantom) becomeng LDMs. My biggest problem with the Striker System, however, was that it was, at times, completely and utterly broken. If you knew what you were doing in (I think it was) 2k, for insance, you could use (for instance) Joe's striker attack to set up combos that would almost certainly destroy your opponant beore they could do anything about it. THAT robbed a lot of the fun out of the system for me.

All in all, I am very much looking forward to the game's release ( Unfortunatly, I believe it's still not out yet in Japan, they might be doing locations tests though I tell lies! It came out on the 26th of October ^^;. I want this game to come Stateside though ;_; ). I'm excited about the return of Vanessa, Duck King, Eiji, Kensou and Kula (Five of my favourite SNK character), and Elizabeth (besides being quite hot >.>) looks like she'll be fun to play, and Oswald looks like he's Gambit on crack. Throw in my favourite character from Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, Bonne Jenet, and you've got the right combination for a fighting game I'm going to love. I've already dreaming of Vanessa/Kula/Jenet, King/Jenet/Whip and K'/Duck King/Shingo thrashings.

On top of all of this, it seems they've greatly improved a number of characters, including giving Whip a DM that doesn't totally suck.

Oh, and I think I want to stab Momoko with a very long, sharp stick. I like Athena and Kensou, but every other person that's ever been on the Psycho Soldiers team (Chin, and the little useless runt Bao) has been a complete waste of time and game memory, and Momoko doesn't seem like she'll be much differant =|.

And if anyone ever wants to play any KoF or Garou over the internet, hit me up when I get high speed in a few weeks, I'm always u for a few matches. Just shoot me a PM, let me know what emulator and game (>.>), and I'll get back to you. I love playing people in SNK games.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it already: The King Of Fighters XI Official Website. It's a nice thing to check out if you know any Japanese. It's all flash though, so 56kers beware.

Last edited by Grayfox on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:53 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice. Thanks a lot!
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grayfox wrote:
And if anyone ever wants to play any KoF or Garou over the internet, hit me up when I get high speed in a few weeks, I'm always u for a few matches. Just shoot me a PM, let me know what emulator and game (>.>), and I'll get back to you. I love playing people in SNK games.

Once I get high speed in a few months, I'm game. Of course, that's still a while away. :P

Anyways, I'm pretty excited about playing as Duck King again. It's been far too long since we've seen his 90's-style hipness.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to play you in KOF 03, but alas no rom.

Also, I'll suck wihtout a controller lol. But it'd still be fun I guess.
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I'd like to play you in KOF 03, but alas no rom.

Also, I'll suck wihtout a controller *laugh*. But it'd still be fun I guess.

They're suprisingly easy to find. PM me and I'll help you out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: