Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you think is the most underated character?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikosource doesn't even have much info on him besides he wears a tiger mask and weilds two axes. i heard he did kill the tiger but i'm not 100% sure on that. i never used him but wish i have at least one of the times.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was never much for Fu Su Lu. True, whatever he hits, he destroys, but first he has to hit it. He has the lowest SKL in the game and misses constantly. Late in the game when you fight high-skill enemies like Ninja Masters and Elite Soldiers, he gets counterattacked every time he tris to strike. Camille, on the other hand, now there's and underrated S1 character! Great skill means constant criticals, and she has decent magic to boot. She's not the toughest thing out there, but she's a good all-around character once you get a few levels in her.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is, only a handful of characters have any depth to them in Suikoden I. You get to know more personally Pahn, Viktor, Flik, Mathiu and Humphrey and several others, but like Fu Su Lu, you don't get to know diddley squat about them. Other exaples are Qlon, Zen, Georges, Kirke (in the game) and Quincy. That was one of the great things about Suikoden II afterwards, you get a bit more info on the rest of the characters.

Nonetheless, Jossef has a point, in that he was definitey one of the strongest characters in Suikoden I, yet we don't hear much if anything at all about him.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru wrote:
I was never much for Fu Su Lu. True, whatever he hits, he destroys, but first he has to hit it. He has the lowest SKL in the game and misses constantly. Late in the game when you fight high-skill enemies like Ninja Masters and Elite Soldiers, he gets counterattacked every time he tris to strike. Camille, on the other hand, now there's and underrated S1 character! Great skill means constant criticals, and she has decent magic to boot. She's not the toughest thing out there, but she's a good all-around character once you get a few levels in her.

couldn't you give him a rune that increases his skill?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Lyon Falenas

12135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fubar and Hellec combination attack in the third came is absolutely deadly. Most simply do not make good use of it because it is too natural to have fubar mounted by Fubar.

And I do agree that Oulan is a powerhouse. Unless you abuse three rune slots she is one of the higher damage dealers in the second game. Just so insanely slow she compares to Viktor and Humphrey.
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all Templeton..haha yeah i mean cmon without that guy youd have no maps and nowhere to go..that chick thats got the hots for flik in S2 annoying but annoyingly funny, and because throwing books at someone is outrageous..Georg Prime in S2, tough war veteran thats been through lots of stuff, but all u know about him is that he likes cheescake!! :)
jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Typoun wrote:
Suikoden 1 - Rubi - Her stats are great all around.

Her stats at level 60:

Power: 144
Skill: 171
Magic: 163
Speed: 165
Defense: 127
Luck: 42

HP: 632
MP: 8/7/5/3

With a level 16 weapon her attack is better than Fliks!

For the record, Rubi is male. You can see it in the bath. However, I agree with you. Rubi is indeed the most underrated character in the game. He was my main healer. I just happened to be screwing around and threw him in my party and he did wonders for me.

Suikoden 2: Can't really think of anyone who's terribly underrated. If anyone, I'd say it's somewhere between Shiro and Clive. Clive almost always seems to be hitting multiple times for me and Shiro just tears people apart.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Well, it's hard to pick an under-rated character from the earlier games. Killey looked totally badass, but he really was NOT all that useful.

Killey was one of the best characters in the game. Him along with Sheena created an almost unbeatable party. You just need to know how to configure them.

Suikoden 3: Tough call for me on this one too. First I'd say Mua. He was an incredible tank and did wonders for me during battles with Yuber and the like. Otherwise I'd have to pick a duo and they are Ayame and Landis. Their unite was incredibly nasty. I took out the final boss in 2 turns just using their unite.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jasonm17 wrote:
Suikoden 3: Tough call for me on this one too. First I'd say Mua. He was an incredible tank and did wonders for me during battles with Yuber and the like. Otherwise I'd have to pick a duo and they are Ayame and Landis. Their unite was incredibly nasty. I took out the final boss in 2 turns just using their unite.

I don't know about Ayame or landis. I think that lots of people love to use both. I used Landis in the final battle, and many other have as well. So i would say that they aren't underrated, since lots of people like them and use them.

But you do have a point on Mua.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oulan is probably the best choice in my mind i didn't even use her in the first two play throughs i had but then the third time i gave her a chance and she did well over 7,000 damage to the beast rune at level sixty five. I remember she had the fury rune and another i can't remember what it was though it was a weapon rune of some sort that as the battle went on your attack increased does anyone remember what thats called
Morbid Angel

1031726 Potch
422 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ that's the Angry Dragon rune, man ^

I think Zamza is pretty underrated too, as long as we're on the subject of Suikoden II... most people pass him off as some snobby jackass with a shitty rune... but you can circumvent that disadvantage with a Fire Sealing rune... then use it to your heart's content... Zamza also has a decent skill level so he crits pretty frequently. I use him FRONT ROW CENTER during Luca Blight battle.

Nikea- "Want to see my super duper special moves?"
Me- "No, shut up and dance, bitch."
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jossef wrote:
Fu Su Lu.

The only thing you get to know about him is that he likes eating and that he's super strong. If I'm not mistaken, he has the highest natural strength in Suikoden I. He also has a fantastic speech when he joins you along the lines of, "when I shout Lake Toran turns upside down, etc". I loved that and he looks awesome. So how'd he end up in the Kobold village? Why does he wear a tiger mask? Did he kill the tiger barehanded and skin it for a mask? How did he get so fantastically strong? Considering how easy it is to make him rather good, besides his lack of accuracy, I'm surprised he never gets mentioned by anyone or was further developed in the game. I'd have loved to know more about him, but that didn't stop me using him.

I love you! :*laugh*:

@Wataru and Starslasher: its true, he has to hit. Yuo have to equip him with skill stones to raise his pathetic skill. If I recall right, I used him in some final battles and, he made some critical hits which came in handy

I go for Kai. I ignored this old man the first times I played the game but when I checked he was powerful and had the union attack with Tir, I am a total fan of him
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I became pretty fond of the Obel soldiers, Yahr and Nelis, from Suikoden V. Pretty strong duo once you beef them up, especially if you give Nelis a Magic Absorb Rune to go along with the Rage Rune she already has. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: