Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you think is the most underated character?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
First, Juan. His "Bujutsu" skill helps give not only him, but the party a boost in power. Just equip him with a Yellow scarf to negate his Waking Rune. At level 58, when going to the Ceremonial Site, he can, and occasionaly does, do 1000+. Increasing his "Swing" lets him attak 3 times, if up close. Otherwise, he attacks twice.

Well, I do take him along when I want to make use of my skill points, but instead of a yellow scarf, I stick a firefly rune on him. I guess I'm still bitter about all the times he got my party killed. XD But he wakes up berserk and kicks a lot of ass.

Quote:
Emily. Again, put "Swing" on her. then she'll attack like 7 times, totaling much more than 1000 damage!

I usually give Emily the...dragon scale (chain attack +1 it does, I think), I believe it was. That, and the ring that also increases the chain attack by +1. 7 is great, but 9 is even better XD
queennmab

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shiro is the awesome. I know you can't give him armor, but stick a double beat rune on him and he really takes it out. He holds his own pretty well. Being my favorite character, I never leave him out of my party, and sometimes he's the last one standing.

"No, but I know how to end awkward conversations with the elderly!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ubertronmanguy wrote:
Viki is easily the most underated character in the Suikoden series. Not only does she save your party a great deal of time and by money by instantly teleporting them where they need to go but she also seems to be the only character who can travel through time.

I'd say Viki too, but for different reason.....in other words her Magic rating. She is just underused.

[quote=Wiseman"]Someone wanna tell me about McDohl and Kasumi thing? I don't ever remember anything in S1 insinuating that she liked him.[/quote]

You should read the ending scenario for Kasumi. It says something about her having a crush on him me thinks.

Darkmagus wrote:
BTW, I think Mukumuku is the most overrated.

Mukumuku isn't overrated, nor is he strong.......he is just kewl.

DarkenedHeavens wrote:
I guess in Suikoden I, the character would be... Crowley. He has all this power, yet he has no major role in this game.

I'd definatelly go for Crowley and Mazus in 2 as they just have a killer MGC rating (I usually put Luc with them).

Lebenengel wrote:
Finally, someone else who thinks Zamza's not all that bad!

Make that 3 of us......that is if you equip him properly.

queennmab wrote:
Shiro is the awesome. I know you can't give him armor, but stick a double beat rune on him and he really takes it out. He holds his own pretty well. Being my favorite character, I never leave him out of my party, and sometimes he's the last one standing.

Definatelly, give him a Fury/Double-Beat for even better results.

On a side note, Thomas obviously isn't underrated as too many ppl here mentioned him so yeah.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if i'm not mistaken, the dragon scale also restores 15 hp per round; not a great deal, mind you, but in an intense battle, sometimes a measly 15 hp can be the difference between another round and game over...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 2 I'd say Kinnison. I also think Eilie should have had a bigger role. She's a bit like Kasumi in a way. She gets bashful when the hero talks to her. She should admit her love for him.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me...

Suikoden 1: Sonya Schulen. She really had potential as a bitter character towards McDohl, but I was disappointed that they didn't develop it with like an evening conversation instead of that jail talk

Suikoden 2: Pilika. She really went through a lot, and is Jowy's visible weakness. Whenever Pilika is near Jowy, those are the only times I like him. Though Konami really should've cut down on the periods used to emphasize her mute condition. >_<

Suikoden 3: Hands down Cecile. She may be a young knight, but she had more energy than the Zexen Knights put together. She really was there for Thomas when he was down, and she does her job as castle guard superbly. She even has the five dogs as her fellow guards!

Suikoden 4: (highlight below)

Rene. I know everyone's going to call me crazy, but is there anyone else who can help you get the Champion Rune and eliminate those stupid sea battles? Other than Viki, I didn't think so.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
karaya blue

2628 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Eileen from Suikoden I doesn't get much recognition. Her earth rune really helped me out in the beginning of the game, especially when I wanted to protect weak characters while trying to level up. At higher levels, her magic can become incredibly powerful. Pair her up with Lepant, and they've got a pretty powerful unite that can be used each turn.

In Suikoden III, I think Peggi is underrated. Sure, you can't play as him, but he's got a unique personality. His comments are funny when you sharpen your weapons (when you exit the menu, he says something along the lines of "see you soon, dead or alive" I can't remember the exact quote). Plus, having a blacksmith at your homebase is always useful.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1 I would have to go with Mina and Lotte. In terms of Mina, who knew a dancer could be that great of a mage? On the Lotte subject, I know that she said that she was a mage, but I thought she was a pretty good one if anything.

In Suikoden 2 I would have to go with Nina and Yoshino. I thought that Nina had really good magic and hp stats, and she was really good with the Rage Rune. I thought that Yoshino was a pretty decent healer, but she could've had higher magic.

In Suikoden 3 I would have to go with Mel and Thomas. I thought that Mel was deceptivly potent in the fact that she has one or S ranks in magic ability (I know she had an S in lightning, but am not sure about Fire). She actually was the best character in Thomas' chapters. I know that Thomas was at first one of the weaker ones, but once you level him up, and sharpen his weapons he becomes very good in battles.

In Suikoden 4 I would have to go with Wendel (I haven't really played with anyone else all that much that I thought was underrated). I thought that Wendel would be useless when I first saw her, but guess what? I was wrong. She was an excellent magician, and the only problem I really had with her was the fact that she died on me alot. In the end, she came through and was a great help.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are at least three I can think of that are really underrated.

1) Joker - Although he can't get an S Rank in anything, he is a good magician, I believe he can get an A and a B+ respectively in Fire and Pale Gate Magic, and an A in Continual Attack. He was a character that was in my top rotation, and I loved his drinking habits :)

2) Ayame - She can get S rank in two things, Repel and Holy Dash. Her magic is only so so, but she is really, really fast. I also want to hear more about the Kage ninjas when I play the first two games this summer.

3) Piccolo - He is one of the Budehuc bunch. They all start and with most people stay at low levels, but once you get them to places like lv. 60, they get doing damage. At lv. 65, my Piccolo has magic almost as good as Sasarai. Juan, Thomas and Cecile are also amazing fighters when leveled.

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Spus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: Kai - McDohl's teacher, and he only has 2 weaknesses: Permanant Hazy Rune, and Low Magic Defense. But the Master/Pupil attack with Tir makes up for it, allowing you swiftly mop up random encounters. He's less useful in boss battles, but he can still deliver a fairly good hit. Permanant Hazy isn't without the advantage of dodging more often.

Suikoden 2: Kahn - Decent Mage with an M range weapon, and can stand to do decent damage with it. He's never useless in any situation.

Suikoden 3: Cecile- I swear, she took out 3 non-stop Zexen units alone in a major battle in Thomas Ch.2. She kept blocking and countering, destroying the soldiers one by one. And when the soldiers landed a hit, it wasn't for much. Cecile the Destroyer.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - Rubi - Her stats are great all around.

Her stats at level 60:

Power: 144
Skill: 171
Magic: 163
Speed: 165
Defense: 127
Luck: 42

HP: 632
MP: 8/7/5/3

With a level 16 weapon her attack is better than Fliks!

Suikoden 2 - Gengen, Shiro - I always call Gengen my "main man". I never go onto the muse mission after the Merc . fort is burned down without him and Shiro even if i have to do the mission over and over again. hes my favorite kobald and i heard his stats were good when he was leveled up high.

Kuromimi from Suikosource said these were his main stats for Gengen at level 76:
Quote:
Statistics: Strength 202, Technique 179, Magic 163, Speed 178, Defense 163, Magic Defense 149, Luck 222

Suikoden 3 - Aila - She is a character that is in the story but who else uses her except me after Geddoe chapter 3? She was my best healer on my final team and when she wasnt healing she was attacking with full force. My teams defense was really bad (shows my eagerness to not go down below 200,000 potch even at the end of the game) so she died (along with the best defensiveman on the team, Borus). Her shield rune was very handy and her earth rune has well was handy.

Suikoden 4 (Highlite below)
- Millay - People may think she was bad but she wasnt. I know if someone was good if i took out my most favorite character (Cheipoo) to put her in. Her attack is ok but her magic was very useful.
- Tal - Tal was my most affective attacker. Just stick a Fury and Earth rune on him and you got the best attacker.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never thought of Georg as underrated, heck, they practically have a shrine to him in the Suikosource forums. A strength like that is hard to overlook.

For me it is Thomas, completely and utterly all the way. He ended up with four skills with "A+" (meaning that they appeared as "C" in the training screens before you tried anything with them at all, detering people from ever going there anyway). For those who aren't aware, these skills were Accuracy, Parry, Wind Magic, and Repel. Nobody could touch mine. He had a Cyclone Rune, regulary allowing him to mop up any and all stragglers, good evade and skill stats, and I with Armor Protect, Parry, Repel, and Magic Resistance he took very little damage.

Of course, Cecile is a freaking tank, and should be remembered for illustrating the RPG law of mass parabolic strength: "The really cute small characters and big honkin' ones will have the best strength stats."

Also, a shout out to the lizards of S3, whose Str stats in combination with their weapons kicked everyone else into next week.

*nods to himself*

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Percival the insane womanizing skills!
he's rarely mentioned
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's hard to pick an under-rated character from the earlier games. Killey looked totally badass, but he really was NOT all that useful. Georg Prime was a beast, but he's pretty well acknowledged. In Suikoden I, I can't really think of anyone who was too under-rated. Camile might come to mind here, but again, I'm kinda' under the impression that most players like her.

Hmm, try Alen. (Suikoden I) If you level him up all the way, he'll get a LV 4 spell, which is DECIMATING. Final Flame is great.

Underrated from Suikoden II... I can't really say. I tried using who some other people from GameFAQs said were underrated, but they did not pan out too well. Maybe I could say Anita is underrated, 'cause she has a falcon rune... But, dang Valeria is SO MUCH BETTER, once you get her on your team. Really, don't pick Kasumi. I did once, and I will never do so again. lol Really, it's not worth the extra cut-scene with her and McDohl.

Child of The Sea God wrote:
Percival the insane womanizing skills!
he's rarely mentioned

Hey, I like Percy also. He's the second best Zexen Knight in terms of looks, character, and usefullness. This is my opinion. of course... The problem I have with Percival is that he hits on Lady Chris, who now resides in Harmonia with me. Anyone else hitting on her is now liable for a capital offense, so... Yeah, now I think you understand my opnion on him. He's a darn good character, though and rarely gets the recognition that he deserves.

Borus was darn good, too. Too bad, he was a jerk of a character. :P I didn't like him really all that much, but I won't deny that he was great.

Also, in Suikoden III, I don't think that Lilly gets the attention she deserves. She has really solid physical attack, and you can get her Lightning Magic to A+, if you have a LtMagRing. (That's a Lightning Magic Ring, silly :P ). Seriously, though she was great, and in a Suikoden game WITHOUT FLIK (which I had a hard time getting over at the time) she is actually a decent replacement.

Other characters in III that didn't get much exposure would have to be Juan and Roland. Roland was another "holier than thou" dude, but he could really dish out the pain later on. Also, Juan was just a physical BEAST, once you got that yellow ribbon on him. Even though he didn't beserk, he was still completely AMAZING!

Geddoe was overrated. He was a cool character, AND his True Lightning owned against all... BUT! He missed like it was going out of style. That's just NOT acceptable to me. I hate people who miss, lol.

Ok, well who do I think is the most under-rated character...? CHRIS LIGHTFELLOW! She has a great personality, a true hero's spirit, and she's insanely useful in battle. She is also a pure goddess in terms of looks. Do not disagree with me on this, or I will severely hurt you. She really is all you could ask for and then some. I know people like her a lot, but you can never give her enough credit in my opinion... So any praise you give her still means that you have under-rated her. She is the best, hands-down. And you all know it! :P

Oh, besides... Who ELSE did you think I was going to say?! :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Hmm, try Alen. (Suikoden I) If you level him up all the way, he'll get a LV 4 spell, which is DECIMATING. Final Flame is great.

Alen? underated? I have never seen anyone giving him a low rating or saying he ain't a good character to use... he is roughly like flik or someone... rather balanced, but of course not as well balanced as Flik is lol... Fliks magic is above normal or average and well you lot know...

Quote:
Anita is underrated, 'cause she has a falcon rune... But, dang Valeria is SO MUCH BETTER, once you get her on your team. Really, don't pick Kasumi. I did once, and I will never do so again. *laugh* Really, it's not worth the extra cut-scene with her and McDohl.

Word!!! I actually recruited Anita from Banner village and around nine out of ten times I recruit her, I get her at level ninety nine lol, I should take a screen shot sometime and put it up here hehehe... I also agree that Valeria is so much better than Anita... don't know how they can be even rivals or anything since Valeria also seems to train more than Anita... who probably learnt drunken master style while drinking all those drinks... hehehe...

I am sorry, but I had to pick Kasumi at least once, to master the game you must try and do everything possible in the game, you must know all, see all and experience all hahaha... of course I picked Valeria forthe rest lol, much better, but I really don't care who I pick since I never use Valeria anyway... well actually maybe I did once but that was all... after seeing this I think I am better off picking Kasumi to save myself from backtracking to recruit Mondo and Sasuke ... hmmm... NO!!! it would still be in my mind knowing that I picked the lesser one... hahaha...

I think Genshu was a tiny bit underated... I don't know what everyone here thinks of him, but other suikoden players I know think that he is weak, his weapon is also weak (they think this because he gave them the impression that his weapon was super... probably because he kept talking about it and he had a samurai sword lol) and he's magic skills are poor... well I tell ya now, his magic skills are poor lol, but he is far from weak, I think that he has one of thestrongest unites attacks in the game, he's fast and boy does his rune look nang, and his unite attack with shin looks cool as well... hehehe...

Pesmerga was by far overated...but SARs has already explained this, and I saw a long pararaph showing how people say his attacks are the strongest, his as tough as a tank and his magic is great... what on earth? lol whatever... maybe these people should just, play the game lol...

JNX out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: