Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ultimate Villain?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariGreywords

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: The Ultimate Villain?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I'm a newby, I have no idea if this has been done before . . probably has been . . . but i'm going to do it anyways! I'm a rebel like that. -V!-

Normally, this is where i'd go "OMG FF ROX! KEFKA R DEN B LEET" . . but, I cannot go with my stereotype. I absolutely HAVE to be honest. I reveal the greatest villain ever . . fresh from Megami Ibunroku Persona 2: Innocent Sin . . . The one, the only . . Nyarlothotep! Yes, the manifestation of the Creeping Chaos is the ONLY clear choice.

Let's look at the facts:

One: He normally dresses in what looks like a solid white boy's school uniform, the straight suit type . . complete with a black tie. His skin is solid white, save for his completely ruby red lips and black nails. He is so far BEYOND a joker subtype, with his jester cap that has tiny roses instead of bells hanging from it. Sexy, to the max.

Two: He is a personification of Mankind's emotions, mostly the darker ones like Envy, Greed, Lust . . . you know? Being the manifestation of the Creeping Chaos, he can run around forcing people to fight their own Dark Sides and nightmares.

Three: His laugh. . . . His egomaniacal laughter totally outshines Kefka's. It's way cooler!

Four: He has a FREAKIN' PERSONA! That alone should show that he is super-uber-villain class. I can count the number of villains that have Uber Personae on one hand.

If I must, I will continue posting reasons why Nyarlie rocks your socks, and my bedposts. Bow down to Nyarlie, and maybe he'll let you live! ;D

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing as how we're looking for "plotline villans", and optional bosses aren't technically 'cannon' to a story, (They just exist for the sole purpose of beating the snot outta you. ;P) no Hitoshura this time, but I'd bet he'd make a damn good one. ;3

However, 2 of my favorite villans are

Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Sure, he looks like the standard Sephiroth clone, but he's way cooler than Seph ever was. He's half of a dragon-god, and you can play as him for about 1/3rd of the game! How awesome is that?!

[WARNING!] This guy is a big spoiler for Digital Devil Saga parts 1 + 2! Don't want to spoil yerself? Don't look. You've been warned... The 'original' Serph is one hell of a villan. His voice matches his demeanor perfectly, and when he says something to the effects of how 'science and humanity progresses because of the suffering of others' instantly made me think about how the Nazi scientists justified thier actions, which fit the 'real' Serph quite well. He also kills two of your party members. Pretty nasty guy, in my book.[/WARNING!]

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
)nX

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd still say Luca Nlight being the little knowladge fan that i am... i don't think i have to say much as to why i choose Luca either right...

kills without remorse
sacrifices anyone for his goal, aside from Julia
just great speechs, die pigs!
true face of evil :twisted:
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably agree that Luca Blight is the ULTIMATE villian, mainly because he doesn't have that hesitation which I'm sick of seeing villians die over.

That said there are plenty of great villians out there, I've always liked Vicious from Cowboy Bebop, the Homunculie (I've got no idea whether that's the plural or not) of Fullmetal Alchemist and although he's more an enemy than a villian, Jowy. I think anime's tend to have better villians than RPGs much to my dissapointment. I agree with you Raze about Fou-Lu being a good villian but he kind of falls down in the ultimate part since he has so much damn trouble with that dwarf with the red nose, mind you I still haven't got around to finishing BoF4 yet.
sergio123

Dark Enzeru

2393 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:mrgreen:
Well before i say anything else, i'd like to say that this is a really really hard choice :? I mean there are so many of those really really ebil :twisted: :twisted: crazy villains out there, which tottaly rock :D, so no offence to them *whimpers away*, really no offence.

But what must be said, must be said, so now, to the point...
I don't really know if he counts as a villain because he's sorta good by the end, but Rufus from ff7. :D :D When he starts talking about ruling the world withn fear and acting so damm kool right after his fathers been murdered!!! I mean OMG, this guy was so awesome.

Another villain which is so awesome, is Seifer from ff8. And again, i don't know if he counts as a villain for the same reason as Rufus, but this guy is so cold. 8-) And his weapon, OMG.

Well, those are the two i pick, so YUPEE!!!
Dunno, :? guess, i just like white coats... :P

The world is a better place if we all :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who thinks Luca Blight is overrated?

I mean, he kills just to kill. Once he ran out of people in Jowston to kill, he'd just kill his own people. He's just a glorified serial killer. Sure he has daddy issues, but once he killed him he should have killed those demons of his past in a way. He was Kefka with less personality and catchy lines.

I prefer villains that have real reasons for being villains and have good tact and a good evil personality. Maybe that's why I thought Luc was a better villian.
sergio123

Dark Enzeru

2393 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tottaly agree dude :D
Luca Blight was a kool villain in the sense that he was insane, demented, killed ruthlessly and without emotion....but these are the trademarks that most villains have anywho, so theres nothing special about him :lol:

The major downfall of Luca Blight was that he wasn't very smart :? and lacked class. I mean, he just goes around laughing like a maniac slaughtering, nothing more to it. :shock: I could do the exact same thing, and that wouldn't make me a particularly kool villain.

And then eventually he got himself betrayed, overthrown and defeated in a duel by a little boy. :shock: How humiliating for the aparant 'great villain'. Not a very smart guy at all, and his reasons for being as mad as he is, are very...well meh.

Luc on the other hand, Wendy and Leon, they're the real villains, who plot, scheme and cause the real damage. The real badasses are always the ones that don't make themselves known :D

The world is a better place if we all :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally like Lex Luther he has class, style, and his own corporation. He covers up his tracks and he actually looks good to the people of the world whilst he is secretly evil. Also I don't know if Smallville counts but he has some awesome developement from that show, of how he slowly became evil.

I also like the Joker because he doesn't necessarily do it for the money or power, sometimes he just does it to try and kill Batman or just to keep himself entertained. Bottom line is I like him because he is pretty much out of his mind and does whatever he wants.... pretty much the opposite of Lex. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.

Last edited by Kane of the Black Sea on Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a hell of a choice...there are so many villains out there to pick from, all with their own attributes that make them great, or not so great, as the case may be. Traditionally, I've always been a huge fan of Kefka from Final Fantasy 6...but as has been pointed out so many times, when you get down to it, he's nine parts psychotic, one part lunatic. Much like Luca Blight, all he does is slaughter people for no reason. Kefka, of course, was created to be a slave, desired to be the master, and filled himself with nothing but resentment and hate, and then tried to burn the world into oblivion...

And then I realize that this has been extended to include more than just video games, which makes the choice even more difficult...that forces me to take old greats like Darth Vader, and new villains I'm wild about ... The Operative from Serenity, and so on, and so forth.

I'm just going to meekly recede into the darkness and put my old video game villain heroes back up on pedestals. In no particular order, I've got:

Kefka, from Final Fantasy 6. Psychotic, completely insane, and unimaginably powerful, attempting to rip the world asunder. Plus, he laughs like a true maniac. All the time.

Seifer, from Final Fantasy 8. He's not even really a villain, more like Squall's rival, and certainly isn't "down" with the Time Compression and all that. Still, I really like the rival relationship, and Seifer is the best...

Grahf, from Xenogears. I've never feared any villain quite so much as Grahf. Any time I got into an easy boss battle in Xenogears, I always feared hearing the theme music start up...

Luc, from Suikoden 3. Refined, cultured, from the world's greatest bastion of civilization, Crystal Valley....oh, and trying to destroy everything. Very cool, without the psychotic that makes up Kefka or Luca Blight, or a few others...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Radinov (Who I consider the female Luca Blight) from Gun Smith Cats
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ultimate villian? Is me! muahahha Takemura all the way! Red hair plus sword of blood = a super cool villian.!

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Neclord is the ultimate villain. He is so hatable and there's no redeeming value in him whatsoever. He is simply impossible to like!! Now, that's a villain!!
MariGreywords

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you say that Neclord is irredeemable?! Neclord is one of the many villains I lust after. I mean . . come on! Look at his endless plotting and planning, that's the sign of a man of intelligence. He is also OBVIOUSLY a man of well-breeding, and good taste. His indomitable will is also a HUGE turn-on, you know? And, of course, he's a sexy vampire.

Besides, haven't you heard how Neclord was UNJUSTLY slain by that FIEND Viktor . . . TWICE?! Check Suikox, if you haven't. After reading that report on how Neclord was actually a good and just person, you are sure to see things my way. You will know the joy, that is Neclord. . . the . . joy . . . mmm . . brains . . . -Begins shuffling forward, arms out.-

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

..Every time I think I am about to have a good day, it gets ruined by zombies.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit torn here, but I think I can narrow it down to two I really like.

Luc, Suikoden 3. I went on a big rant justifying my reason for this over in the favorite suikoden villian category. Basicallly though, so sum it up, he's extremely flawed, and I like that. He has intentions that he thinks will bring the better, he gives himself the justification that he has the right to make the choice of 'saving' people, whether they need it or not. The best thing about Luc, is his reasoning.. for all we know, he could be right. While murdering people to bring a better end is really messed up, at the same time, the grey existence he sees coming is something that could very well end everything. Like I said though, I went on more about his character in another thread, if you're interested.

The other.. I have to say Rufus Shinra. While he isn't a dynamic and forward as some of the others, he's brilliant. He's forever holding all the cards. He was controlling things behind the scene in FF7.
(highlight text below to read, spoiler)
And anyone who watched advent children, Rufus, whether for the better good or whatever he's on now, he was playing the strings for both Cloud and Kadaj's gang.

The thing that makes Rufus so good, is his ability to always have control over the situation.. and for those times he doesn't, he finds a way to work with it anyway.

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: