Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One of the best melodIES.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: One of the best melodIES. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't you guys agree with me that "The Rune of Punishment" (Song) has one of the best melodies all time? I think it does even though i dont really like the rest of the OST (its okay but not GREAT).

I hear there are remixes of IV in the Rhapsodia soundtrack? is this also remixed?

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go look at my post in the Rhapsodia section about the OST. Yes, it has a ton of Suikoden II and IV remixes, and it has the Rune of Punishment motif, but this time it has the full song instead of that short version on the Suiko IV OST. It's still that really nice piano and violin version....ahhh...it's good. :)
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wanna hear it!! :(

well i have the original version in full on the PC (it sounds like its full lol)
well nvm when the song ends it sounds like its going on but its the same one as in the long trailer. it still sounds full

St.Anger

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neclord battle theme is the best music
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, Neclord's battle theme is truly rockin. The fugue for his castle in Suikoden 1 is my all time favorite track though, its very elegant and scary at the same time.

And did anyone else besides me love the track for mountain paths called 'Distant Hills?' Really, the music in the first Suikoden as a whole was the best, and anyone who disagrees better give some examples!! Hehe
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright...if there's anything wrong with my list, errors caused by my poor memory, please do let me know. My favourite songs are mostly from Suikoden III, I believe, although there are a few from later others.

A Song In Praise of Peace - I can't recall whether this was the theme from Gregminster in Suikoden I at the start of the game, but it was definitely the theme in the palace there during Suikoden II, which I thought was a great deal of awesome. One of the few songs I would sometimes get Annalee to play.

Gothic Neclord - Sure, the Neclord battle theme from Tinto. An epic battle to begin with, given the stakes, and the players, and how badly I really wanted to smash Neclord's face in. Easily some of the best battle music I've ever heard, and entirely appropriate to the situation too.

The Opening from Suikoden II - I actually like all of the openings, though the one from Suikoden II is probably my favourite, followed closely, interestingly, by the one from Suikoden IV which was very catchy to me. Rhapsodia's is pretty cool too, but didn't leave the lingering impression. Also the War theme from Suikoden II, which has some of the same sound to it, really got me involved in the fighting and all that. Lots of fun.

The Wind Rincar Battle Theme - My other favourite Suikoden battle music, which was sweeping and awesome. It was quite the epic foolery.

The main battle theme from Suikoden I - Repeated as the battle music on the path to the Toran Republic in Suikoden II. It sounds a bit...well, awesome, anyway. It seems a bit out of place, honestly, with some of the locales within the Scarlet Moon Empire, as it sounds a bit junglish to me, much more at home with the dense forests where you hear it in Suikoden II, but that doesn't make it any less cool.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the piano part at the start of Suikoden 2, i think it was called Reminesince or something i found the sheet music ages ago and only have gottena s far as the intor....but im working on it! Its a hard song to learn on the piano, the sheet musics hard to read and im postive some of its wrong, i had to a little improve for it ! haha

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal favorites are :

Gothic Neclord (Neclord Battle Theme)
Theme of a Moonlight Night
the openings from most of the games (especially III)
Alma Kinan Village theme
Hurry! (that song that plays when you have to rush to Karaya)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prophecy wrote:
I love the piano part at the start of Suikoden 2, i think it was called Reminesince or something i found the sheet music ages ago and only have gottena s far as the intor....but im working on it! Its a hard song to learn on the piano, the sheet musics hard to read and im postive some of its wrong, i had to a little improve for it ! haha

I also think that tune is great. I am currently "transferring" it all on to Acoustic Guitar, Then maybe on to an electric... :twisted: (Electric is a joke Btw) Acoustic is fine.

The Home Theme is also a good one in Suikoden I that is. *Learned*
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've recently imported some of the Suikoden soundtracks and so I think I'll list what I feel are my most 'inclusive' songs. That is, those that enhance the experience of being in the Suikoden world. The mark of a good Suikoden tune, for me, is one that is a good song in it's own right as well as one that doesn't overshadow the game but enhances it.

Beautiful Golden City (Suikoden I) - Which I can listen to all day in a good mood.
An Old Irish Song (Suikoden I) - I don't get the name, but I find it matches up well with it's associated subject.
Theme of the Advancing Army (Suikoden I) - Never fails to get me pumped up for a battle. Erm, in the game.
Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao, After The Battle (Suikoden I) - A song that perfectly reflects the feelings and attitudes of the Toran Liberation Wars.
Reminiscence (Suikoden II) - I think it's an accquired taste. You either find it touching or you'll make gagging sounds. Even I vary between the two but lean more towards the former.
Children Playing in the Fields (Suikoden II) - It doesn't seem to be very popular but I think it works extremely well.
Minute Showdown (Suikoden II) - Otherwise known as the cook-off song. I just find it really catchy.
A Prayer to My Mother (Suikoden II) - Slides in with Reminiscence as the love/hate song.
A Song in Praise of Peace (Suikoden II) - A great song for the new Toran Republic and what I'd personally choose to believe is the anthem.
Secret Village of the Ninja (Suikoden II) - Possibly my favourite Suikoden tune, period.
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden II) - A nice change to the usual compliment of battle themes means that Neclord leaves a lasting impression on the player. Which is the whole point of game music, really.
La Passione Commuove la Storia (Suikoden II) - Another great ending theme which reflects the war itself.
Exceeding Love (Suikoden III) - One of the few opening themes I rate highly.
Everyone's Smiling Faces ~108 Stars of Destiny~ (Suikoden III) - Another quality theme that has a more upbeat tempo than the previous two games versions.
La Mer (Suikoden IV) - HATED this song the first time I heard it. It grew on me during each new playthrough, now I rate it VERY highly overall.
Reinbach Theme (Suikoden IV) - Not as good as the regular Narcissts themes which I actually forgot to mention. Consider it a representitive for those themes in general.
Epilogue ~For the 108 Stars~ (Suikoden IV) - A deeper version of the regular ending themes, another big favourite for me and even the rest of the household. o.O;;
Finale - Remembering the Deep Blue (Suikoden IV) - Another theme that brilliantly lines up with the subject matter.
Into a World of Illusions (Suikoden IV) - Not much I can say that I didn't say in the previous song.
Rune of Punishment (Suikoden IV) - Great theme but one I prefer to dip into irregulary rather than enjoy repeatedly like many of the songs previously mentioned.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hope you don't mind me partially stealing your style John Layfield, promise to give it back after I'm finished with this post.

~Suikoden~
Confrontation With Monsters - Main battle theme, need to like it to play the game, hehe.

~Suikoden II~
CWM, Again - Same as above, minus the main battle theme part, since it isn't. Still good though.
Reminiscence - I listen to it almost as much as BWL.
The Even More Glorious, Beautiful Golden City - Only here because I never heard the first one..
A Bustling Town - The HQ theme.
Results - I know.. But it's catchy, it should be a ringtone for mobile phones.. I'd have it.
The Will - Normal battle music, you have to like it if you want to play the game for a period of time.
A Worthy Foe Appears - The Boss battle music, 'tis great.
Iron Fist of Anger - Liked this Battle music aswell, but not as much as..
Silver Wolf - It fits the final battle to a T :P. Though I still prefer..
Battlefield Without Light - I can't listen to Suikoden II's music without listening to this one at least once either before, during, or after.. Love it so~ much.

Alright, I know I'm biased towards the actual battle music, but still.. Good stuff, isn't it? And I guess I'll edit in with Suikoden IV stuff another day, I need to sleep >_<.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the theme in Radat Village and Ryube Village. And the battle music when you fight your way through Banner Village always got my heart pumping.
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im surprised nobody mentioned Gremio's Special Stew from Suikoden 2. Now that is one of my all time favorites. I have to agree that the RoP piece is masterful as well. Reminiscence is also a favorite. Rounding out these are various other arrangements.

It's really hard to dislike the Suikoden series music, I basically love it all.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Vessol

Goldstar's Regiment

3495 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one mentioned the music from South Window in Suikoden 2 :cry: . Even thou its not my favorite(the opening for Suikoden 3 is) I still love its upbeat sense of style, its sorta reminds me of a big faced cat that keeps on grinning, with dancing mice in the backround(no I am not on drugs, just an odd imagination).
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the single best track in the whole Suikoden series is the Luca Blight boss battle theme (if it has an official name i'm not aware of, feel free to let me know). A very close second, though, is Ai wo Koete, the Suikoden III opening. But yeah, the whole series has great music, but those are the only ones that really stand out for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: