Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Final
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinity Edge

Yedzu's Will

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
141559 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Final Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More Suikodens after all 27 true runes have been revealed? Multiple theories have been formed and many people have voiced their thoughts on the subject, unfortunately from what I've seen thus far, only speculation exists for this subject. I've only seen people guessing at the facts, not voicing their opinions on the subject. So here you go, a thread for everyone to voice their opinion. "Should More Suikodens be made after the revelation of the final rune?"

In my opinion it would be a null point. This story is concerning these true runes and their holders. While it's entertaining to see past holders and lineages revealed, we must keep in mind that this is one story told through chapters. I believe wholeheartedly that "lazlo" will appear with his RoP in the suikoden that reveals the last of the twenty seven. While I would love to see the series stretch on indefinitely, I believe it would be more poignant and fitting for Hikusaak's downfall to serve as the backdrop for a final Suikoden. When the curtain falls on Hikusaak and Harmonia (possibly with Yuber at his side) so shall the spirit of Suikoden.

Who agrees? Who disagrees? Why and why not?
Shadowfax

Shadowfax Legions

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriously don't think that Konami will continue with the suikoden series after all the True runes have been revealed,because when all the true runes have been put into the spotlight and after all has been revealed,what will they do for a story?

So my opinion is that after they have revealed all the true runes,they should just leave it at that,Because I really don't want an Rpg series,such as suikoden,turning into one of those series that just goes on and on until......well I think you know what im talking about.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really have to agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the series would be at an end. I'm not certain just how many runes have been shown yet, but I'd guess that we're about half way there.

I think the general consensus is that the end of the series will happen in Harmonia, and will involve a huge battle between Yuber and Pesmerga that may result in the destruction of the world, if Yuber wins. Granted what we know, or think we know, about the story (because Konami may decide to take a huge left turn with something, you never know), everything pretty much leads up to this.

I really think after the 27 True Runes are revealed everything will end. Has there really been any other power in the world of Suikoden other than the True Runes? Judging by the nature of the series, I don't think they'd throw in any weird surprises at the end of it.

But, that doesn't mean there can't be spin-offs, such as the current Radiata Stories and Rhapsodia. I think that with 108 characters every game and potentially millions of others we don't even know about, Suikoden might be spun off as a Shenmue type game, which I think would be pretty good, especially in a place like Crystal Valley.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They will probley show all 27 in their own game then have one where they are all together. After that maybe a box set with a few updates and maybe an online one if it get big anough.

CLERKS
Trinity Edge

Yedzu's Will

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
141559 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry if I mis-typed but my question was "Do you think they should?" not "Do you think they will?" There's a ton of those conversations going on all around the forums, this thread was meant to be your opinion on the subject. I"ll edit my first post to be more specific. Apologies if I confused you.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should continue the series. There's a bunch of stuff that can be done with the Suikoden world even without True Runes. Rhapsodia is one example.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the fact that Murayama said long ago that the Pesmerga/Yuber conflct would be resolved in the "FInal Suikoden" means he had an end in sight. It seems natural to me that the final story would have all the Runes revealed. However, I think that the revealing of all the Runes should not necessarily mean the end of the story. When the designers run out of story to tell, then the games should end. If there are no more runes to unveil, so be it. The world is big enough to have more than just that.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They may end the Rpgs with the revieling of the last True rune or the gathering of the 27 runes.But they may still do things like Gainden to wrap up some charecter storys.
And like earlyer posted I would'nt mind a online one at the end.Races to get to the Zodiac sword then who ever wins gets yelled at :lol:

CLERKS
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too think that the series should have an end, or at least the main series. However, they could keep dishing out Gaidens or Side games to sort of develope some of the other characters. I don't know what everyone thinks but a game where you could play as Viktor, or even Nash(though that would be redundant what with the Gaidens and all) would be pretty good.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that though I think the Suikoden main series should end, they could still try and squeeze at least some more games from the main story.(sorry for going a bit off topic there)

As for a final Suikoden, the series seems to be heading for a conclusion in which Harmonia may be the setting, with a battle between the 27 True Runes, and the downfall of Harmonia. So, because I'm extremely interested to see all that, you could say I want to see a Final Suikoden.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Continuing it would be great but i seriously doubt that will happen. I think Konami might leave it at VI or VII but it really all relies on sales which are not that good outside of Japan.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I agree with you Destiny's Warrior that it's mostly gonna depend on Konami's devotion to the series, and as we all know sales are the determining factor for that. This said, I don't think that's a discussion better suited to another topic, since this a thread for your opinion on weather the series should be continued after the unveiling of the 27 True Runes.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that there is plenty more to tell after the revelation of all the 27 true runes. That final suikoden will be set in Harmonia, but that could be after the revelation of the runes. Maybe many past True Rune bearers will have to team up to defeat Harmonia. The best thing they could do in that is have an alliance between many of the countries in the suikoden world, and have a true rune bearer lead that countries' army. That would make me a very happy panda. :D
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that would be cool, to see the Suikoden countries banded together under a sinngle leader. But I think that would diminish the importance of the other True Rune bearers who were the main characters in the other Suikodens.

I'm really interested in how will the Final Suikoden will incorporate the 27 True Runes, if that is really what they intend to do.
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With what Kikito said in mind I think that all the True Rune bearers should be led together against Hikusaak and instead of there being one leader they could do what ShuTheLord said and incorporate many different leaders who are True Rune bearers from different nations, I think that they should make it like the Trinity Sight System in Suikoden 3 but more advanced so that instead of showing different version of the same events it would show events in which different allied nations attack using their leader or with a combined assault, and like with the Luca Blight battle in Suikoden 2 the bigger battles could have a personally assigned leader depending on the users preference of the True Rune bearers. I personally would like to use multi True Rune bearers with the 6 party system that is soon to return, it would be interesting to play as lots of True Rune bearers at once, but in order not to make the battles too easy make the enemies difficult, for example only certain magic could work on certain bosses and some are resistant against all magic (using the idea of the Neverland Bell Tower from Kingdom Hearts and adapting it for Suikoden), therefore even though there would be plenty of True Rune bearers at disposal, it would need strategy to win the battles. I also think it would be great to see huge war battles as well with all the united countries strategists working together or maybe there could be a rivalry between the strategists and a split amongst the ranks while Harmonia take advantage of the mistrust which leads the allied nations to rethink and work together using all strategists for survival.
Also for an idea of a related I've thought of could be a Silverberg edition of Suikoden Tactics where it shows the family history of the Silverberg battles and the most important ones that they have participated in.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Personally, I don't necessarily agree at all that the True Rune bearers would be united against Hikuusaak, or Yuber as the case may be. It would be far more interesting to me to see a duel between opposing forces of True Rune wielders, not even Harmonia's army is up to the task of challenging 20+ True Runes, no matter how badly they outnumber the opposing force. However...there are a lot of things that they could still explore (the Sindar/Cyndar for example), and spinoff games like Rhapsodia which have True Runes existant only in the background, can go on ad infinitium.

I definitely think they should continue the series until they cease to be able to make good games with it, which is also my opinion on Final Fantasy, by the way (which means I think they should have stopped making them a good while ago...)....and really any other game series. Once they run out of good ideas to make a new and fresh game, or if they can't put together the talent to make it a really awesome experience to play...then why bother? I would rather see Suikoden ended on a magnificent high note than spun off into a bunch of lousy sequels forever.

...So I guess my answer boils down to a qualitive yes, which is not really an answer at all. Oh well.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: