Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Suikoden cover
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Suikoden game cover is your favorite?
Suikoden (Original or US)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Suikoden II
42%
 42%  [ 21 ]
Suikoden III
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Suikoden IV
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 49

Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that I like Suikoden II's cover better than the rest. I have seen all 4 of them, and II and III were very close, but I went with II.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with the cover for SII.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to vote for Suikoden III. The first game's cover was pretty funny. If I were buying a game based on its cover, I probably never would have played the Suikoden series, but fortunately I wasn't. I never saw Suikoden II's cover. I got the game in one of those CD paper slips things. Suikoden III was pretty good, and Suikoden IV, I thought it was decent but nothing spectacular.

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that the suikoden I cover was cool because of the different style of drawing that was never seen again in the future. I also like it because King Barbarosa looks like Joker!.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easily it is Suikoden 3. AS tempting as it is to simply go with my favorite game in the series with the second, the cover is frankly far too cluttered for its' own good. It doesn't look bad perse but it's a bit much to look at.

3 however did a nice job of covering it's main characters and setting in a manner that was neither bland nor overdone. Looking at the cover, it simply looks attractive and makes you want to look at it.
RavenJonny

Ravens Troop

1674 Potch
909 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II cover art was my favourite very colourful.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II's cover was awesome. It's the reason I rented the game and fell in love with the series. lol and seriously if I would have seen Suikoden I on a shelf for the first time, I would not have even considered picking it up. What were they thinking?!! lol I don't even know which characters are on the cover...Windy and who else? It's just funny! :mrgreen: Suikoden III and IV look good too but part II was the best with the trio on the front surrounded by the other characters...

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1. I agree with Mukumuku there.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, tough choice, I think each one of them is/was pretty nice or decent for it's time or what it represents, or to be more exact when I first saw them, they all looked nice.

I don't have the first one, I remember seeing a lousy picture of it somewhere, it looked kind of nice though, with all the weird and unrecognizable characters.

Suikoden II's cover is different, it had a lot of characters on it, very crowded in my opinion, very catchy at the same time, not much colors in it, but very good.

Suikoden III is the opposite in my own opinion, fewer characters, but showing the main and few story important/key characters is a pretty good thing, drawing looked sharp and colorful, very smooth and nice looking.

Suikoden IV, I don't know what to say about it, other than it looks like an old picture with everyone in it just not fitting with the other, it would've been good if they added more characters in it, more color would've been better, it looked dead, but I still find it pretty, like an old antique.

Anyway, I think I'm going to lean more on Suikdeon III now, but who knows maybe I'll change my mind later, or even go with one of the yet to get released Suikdeon games.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Suikoden III's cover. I just found it more wrapped together in general. II had the same concept though, and is a very close second for me. I and IV were alright, but nothing overly spectacular.
I wouldn't mind seeing the covers of the gaidens though, I believe they had some pretty decent artwork? I'll have to try and find them.

-My DeviantArt-
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed Suikoden II's cover the most. I think it was well done and it showed about everyone on the cover i wanted to see in a very artistic way. It all looked very fluid like everyone was moving. Anyway i also like Suikoden III's cover, and i suppose Suikoden IV's wasn't that bad either.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III's box art was gorgeously done, it's obviously my choice :D

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden IV. My least favorite of the series has my favorite box-art. I liked the art style of this game a lot. The cover of the instruction manual is better than the box though. It's my favorite suikoden art of all time. The coloring is very good (from what I can remember, I don't have the game with me to check), and actually makes the hero look cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: