Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Any Wild Arms fans out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Any Wild Arms fans out there? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WARNING: WILD ARMS 2 SPOILERS BELOW!!! WARNING!!!

I am a big fan of Wild Arms 2, and own Wild Arms 3 but don't like it much. If you are a fan, what do you like about the series?

I love Wild Arms 2's story, what with the political setting and the "parallel universe" enemy. The characters are believable too; none of them are perfect people, and none of them are one hundred percent evil.

The best parts, though, are the ethical questions and moral dilemmas, and their recurring frequency (the definition of a "hero," in particular, pervaded the storyline). How many games nowadays give you lessons in philosophy along the way?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Wild Arms series is pretty cool. I still have my Wild Arms 1, though I rarely play it. I didn't enjoy WA2 nearly as much as 1 and 3, it just didn't seem the same to me.

A lot of the characters is the Wild Arms games have good depth to them, and you learn pretty much everything about them throughout the story. Jack van Burace is one heck of a swordsman... but I think he get's inspired to create new sword techniques a bit easy... "Oh look! A butterfly! Maybe I can use that as a Fast Draw technique...!" J/K

WA3 just seems more like the original, in the way the characters are revealed. I have YET to finish this game, but mark my words... Someday... I will!!
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wild arms is a fantastic series, but im sorry to say WA2 did little to move me. I borrowed Wild arms 1 on a whim of my brither handing it to me and saying "play it" and it was just like, okay, rpg game, try it? And im glad i did. On the second play through though, i found a berry cheat. It was fun messing wiht it (Zed, i love you, i do i do i do <3)

Wild Arms 1, as the original, will always be my favorite WA, but Wild Arms 3 did good to hold true to demons, character depth, and engaging story and such. WA2....did not. Though i did like Jeducca in it. Then again i stopped after his tower and my game freezes on the second playthrough so... yeah.

But the music is another key point in the WA series. I love every soundtrack. Each game was wonderfully done in terms of music. I look forward to detonator (Arnaud!) and Wild Arms Alter Code F (Zed!). Hopefully, despite the new things thrown into the latter it will stay solid and true.

As for detonator. WA has never failed badly at a game (WA2 just...wasnt engaging. And i didnt like the characters) so im not too worried with the fact theres voice acting and such. There real creative when it comes to the series, and the amount of things you can do on the map and towns....it looks to be *very* promising.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Judecca was great. His death scene was very well written...then again, everything he said in the game was well written. He was like Luca Blight...with a gun.

I really didn't enjoy WA3 as much, and I've never played WA. I'm looking forward to Alter Code F though. Hey, would you mind giving me a bit of an overview of WA1's story? No spoilers please, just some background information.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm the same as the topic creator, I have Wild arms 2 and 3. I liked Wild Arms 2, and finished it. While I didn't like Wild Arms 3 as much because there's one point where I could never find a town (I hate that town finding system).
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a wild arms fan yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting alter code f and hopefully that will get me into the series. This is especially true with Wild Arms 4 announced to come over to NA too.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have finished 2 and 3, but only recently acquired 1. I found three to be more challenging, but not as engaging as two was for me. Even though 2 was a little cliche in several aspects I still liked it. I'm holding my opinion on which is best until I finish 1, but so far, I've liked 2, 3 and what I've played of 1.

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if I'm a fan but I have WA3. I can say it is good game but has some flaws. However I like it so far, I haven't finished it yet. There are cool characters and graphics are good too. Plot is also very interesting-from beginning it is rather avarage but then it is going better and better. I like that when you are far in the game intro changes a little-there are some new scenes and some old are droped, oh and I also like music in the intro(and it has also few versions-for example in english, in japanese). Maybe this game isn't very hard but there are some bosses that I had some trouble with.And last thing it is fun to have female main hero-it is so unusual in rpgs.

The Awesome

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Wild Arms.

Wild Arms 3 in particular, that game was great... especialy with the anime intro that would change as you moved through the plot? Genius!

Clive is one of my favorite RPG characters ever. He rocked.

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only own Wild Arms 3 and I like that game but I hate finding things. I love Clive also he is so cool and I also like Jet because is the fastest person that I got and I love going before the enemy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadowfax

Shadowfax Legions

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I own Wlid arms 1 and 3 and I am eagerly awaiting Alter code:f and the 4th detonator.Wild arms one is also my favourite,But it's graphics.....*my eyes!*
I also quite enjoyed part 3 but that whole map scope thing messed things up quite a bit.And strangely enough,my vocabulary has significantly increased all thanks to Clive and his big words! :mrgreen:
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive used words that i just kind of stared at and went "whaaa?" as some of them. but it really added and fit to his character. but in terms of characters, for the overall all wild arms series, i loved Clive and Zed the most. Seperate...

WA1-Zed, WA2-Judecca, WA3- Janus, Malik, Clive, Virginia. I was also fond of that merchant guy that was at most of the towns....what was his name...he had a funky green hat i believe...

But yes, Alter Code F is coming out this month. Cannot wait :D Although the music ive listened to...of it...is....the clip of Zeds theme was slow....zed's theme isnt suppose to be slow, oh well : ( they changed alot of the songs. I didnt really like it much. I wish they just reused the past tracks.

As usual though, i'll probably change my mind when i play the game. it'll fit better.
Shadowfax

Shadowfax Legions

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was also shocked by the way clive spoke the first time I played part 3.I had never seen a character who looked and sounded quite like him(the whole professor who is also a Professional sniper thing)

My favourte characters include:WA1:Jack,Cecillia.WA2:haven't yet played. WA3:Clive,Malik,Melody,Virginia. (and by the way,The merchant guys name is Roykman,And I also think his hat is funky :mrgreen: )

I really liked the music in the original WA1.I hope they haven't gotten rid of too much of it.I suppose only time will tell until the remake of WA1 is released.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The tracks, some sound good and some sound bad. They changed the overworld theme (by addeing stuff to it). But the opening music, the one that started the whistling has not being tampered with, and for that, i can live and sleep well. Aside from that, 4th detonator i'm eagerly awaiting. The graphics, puzzles, characters look really well done. Favorite has and will always be Arnaud, although, i'd love to know a bit of the story beforehand...

And the only other character i remember that talked like Clive was Xenogears Citan. Well, kind of close. Wonder whos smarter...yeah, that was unrevelant i know.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only got into the series at no. 3 (I didn't even know the series existed until then), and thought it was good.. not great, but good. But from what I've heard about how good no. 1 was, it's making me anticipate Alter Code F. Guess I'll become a fan when I play through that one, heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: