Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 Timeline
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punishment_xmas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 5 Timeline Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sui5 Before Sui1 Sure
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you be sure? Do you have a link to this statement of is it a guess?

Punishment_xmas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don`t sure
I see board gamefaqs post
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you speaking english? I will check it out but you said you were sure and then you said that you are not sure? ( What the heck?)

jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how can suiko5 be before suiko1 and the last dungeon in suiko 5 is crystalll valley i think it's after suikoden 3 of few years well that's it and i think there will be some old characters of the previous suikoden in it
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes that would make a bit more sense. BUt i heard from the other threads that it is some time close to one and two but i dont know.

Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Punishment_xmas, you make little sense. There's still no word of an official release date as far as I know. Most of what you'll read in gamefaq is just speculation, you shouldn't take it for sure.

I remember reading that Georg went to Falena after the Succession War , and then became a queen knight in Falena. It could take place between Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2, or maybe a few years before Suikoden 1? According to the timeline on the main site, The Succession War took place in year 446, and the Gate Rune Wars started in year 455. Suikoden 2 events take place in year 460, you do the math!

According to this article by SARSadmin, Suikoden 5 probably takes place between Suikoden 1 and 2.

Quote:
how can suiko5 be before suiko1 and the last dungeon in suiko 5 is crystalll valley i think it's after suikoden 3 of few years well that's it and i think there will be some old characters of the previous suikoden in it

Who said the last dungeon in 5 is the Crystal Valley? And even if it was (doubt it, Crystal Valley is in Harmonia), what does that have to do with the timeline?
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be. I wouldn't doubt anything until it's made official.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, looking at the fact that the character that looks like Lorelai appears to be so young, then it is more than likely the story will be before Suikoden I. Also, looking at how young Georg Prime looks also suggests before Suikoden I, as well. It would be rather suspect if they made him look so young and then this game appeared between 1 and 2. Recall that Suikoden 2 only took place 3 years after Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 1 only lasted 2 years.

That only leaves 5 years to work with in between 1 and 2. Those characters seem to be much too old in 1. And the fact that Lorelai can be present in Falena after spending 2 years in Toran just seems kind of weird. It is not like travelling will only take 2 or 3 days in this sort of game. L et alone, why would she return to Falena in the first place and seem to look younger in age?

It would take months for her to get from Toran to Falena and I doubt that the events we will see in Falena will take a few weeks. I just find it hard to place the game between 1 and 2. Everything points to it happening before 1.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
MenaceX

FoE Legion

17500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I absolutely agree with Urn and all of what he said. I am pretty much convinced it is sometime in the years between the succession wars and Suiko1. Probably a little closer to the succession wars than 1.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also have to agree with you Urn.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That makes sence,but if that's true that means there will be two suikodens before suikoden 1!! and it would also mean that if a new character would return ( that is in suikoden 5) in a future suikoden they would be older, much older.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lorelai doesn't definetly look young. Or old, for that matter. We see her in the background of a very short scene and at an angle that makes it difficult to determine anything.

I agree that she *kind of* looks young because her hair looks shorter, but you have to remember that Suikoden 1 and 2 were 2D games, and even though Lorelai was in both they had different artists that drew her differently.

Add in the fact that Lorelai is wearing the same costume in Suikoden 5 that she wore in Suikoden 2 (minus her jacket thingie), which is slightly different than her Suikoden 1 costume.

You make valid points but I would still hesitate to say the game is before Suikoden 1. All signs so far point to between Suikoden 1 and 2.

Georg appears younger as well when compared to his Suikoden 2 artwork, but again, they both have different artists. Georg looks slightly younger in SuikoGaiden 1 than he does in Suikoden 2, and both games happen at the same time (and have different artists). Many returning characters in Suikoden 2 that were in Suikoden 1 looked different age-wise because of the change in artists.

Heck, look at Georg in the Suikoden 1 manual. He looks older during the Succession Wars than he does in Suikoden V.

Again, I'm not discounting the possibility of it being before S1, but I still think the signs point to between S1 and S2.

^Actual quote!
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What points to it being between 1 and 2? I'm just confused because people have been saying that and have given nothing to support it. Between 1 and 2 is only 5 years. Unless Georg had some horrible experience within those 5 years then it is a quite drastic change and I don't know if we can blame the artist for that. But, Georg Prime isn't even the main reason for why I say it is most likely before 1.

The fact that Lorelai appeared in Suikoden 1 and stayed there for 2 years to support the war and then traveled all the way back to Falena and managed to make it back within 3 years just seems really improbable. Why would Lorelai even go back to Falena??? Like I stated, it just doesn't seem likely that the events in Suikoden 5 will span the same short time period as Suikoden 4 did.

Also, you have the whole issue over the mysterious eyepatch and Georg Prime's change in sword style. Why bring the eyepatch back 14 years and lose it 3 years later (as it would have been a little over 14 years from the Succession War through the Gate Rune War and and then an additional 3 years before the Dunan Unification War)? The times just don't seem to make much sense there.

And if you look closely he even has a different sword by the looks of it when you compare the one he has in the trailer and images we have seen of Georg Prime in Suikoden 5 and the images we have of Georg Prime in Suikoden 2. He most certainly has a different battle stance. It just doesn't make sense for there to be so much drastic changes in just such a short amount of time.

So, I'm just curious as to the evidence that people seem to have that makes it lean towards the time being between 1 and 2. The more I think about it, the more information I come up with to suggest why it would be before 1. So, where is this evidence that supports it being between 1 and 2? I'm not saying there isn't any, but I just haven't seen it because the information that has been shown that claims to support it being between 1 and 2 seems to lend more credibility to it being before 1, as well.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dont we have our answer already?
wasnt it already told long ago that georg once was a Queen's Knight in Falena? I doubt he would go back to become another Queens night >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: