Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Georg Prime's "eyepatch" speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

could just be the lighting hitting his eye that makes it look yellow, check out how light his skin is, or just due to different artists

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm betting on it just being the different artists really. The stylistic differences between S2 Georg and S5 Georg are pretty large, so it's no small surprise that a few details here and there are changed.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the only thing I can really come up with. It has to be different artists' styles.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how come he has a bad eye? maybe it wasn't were speculating so many things that it could have been simple he just threw the eye patch away he just matured that's all and for the eyes and hair style it's just the artist mainly he has to look young.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he's using it to get onto workmans comp. The wage of a Queen's Knight doesn't pay enough so he's faking injury.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I think he's using it to get onto workmans comp. The wage of a Queen's Knight doesn't pay enough so he's faking injury.

yea, he needs the money to support his "cheesecake" habit...

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehe! cheesecake! maybe he eats much more cheesecake in s5 haha!

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Claude-o-san

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Training...Pushing himself harder to become a better swordsman - or had his eye temporarily damage or just loves the look - resembling the great swordsman - JUBIE :D
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the true Georg is inside the young-looking Georg, like from Total Recall!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I really think he doesn't have an eye in Suikoden V but the Sun Runes "cures" him if you will before the end.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is a great speculation there Axiose. Makes sense to me, either he somehow gets his problem healed; or it was only a temporary 'infection' or something, and it fixed itself before the events in Suikoden 2. Hmm, I doubt he would wear it as a 'fad' though.) Either way, I do not doubt that we will find our answer before the end of Suikoden 5...

-Traz.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he was cos-playing as Geddoe...

But more seriously I imagine it to be a trial for himself. With only the use of one eye you have no depth perception, for a highly trained swordsman this could be very disorienting and since Georg is said to be a legendary swordsman perhaps this is a test.

It could also be a disguise - or perhaps in Suiko 2 it is a disguise of sorts. There is nothing to say that he's not blind in one eye in Suikoden 2, perhaps in trying to escape Falena after the 'incident' he found it useful to change his appearance completely. This would of course involve hiding his vision imparement.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure if this has been mentioned, it probably had with all the posts, but Georg wore and eye patch while he was one of the Six imperial generals during the sucession wars.

This picture shows it.

PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah someone, posted it before, no offense, you didnt know, so not your fault..

he sure looks old there.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He doesn't look old to me, just kinda larger...like a little bit tubbier. He has more upper body there than he does in Suikoden V. Plus he has scragglier hair. But then, it is a different artist!

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: