Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Georg Prime's "eyepatch" speculation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Georg Prime's "eyepatch" speculation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps, it may be just an decorative eyeglass like Vyse wears in Skies of Arcadia. See here:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Vyse&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it is. I still say that it either adds chracter to him,or it is a disguise since he looks super different in suikoden 2. ( even if he is older)

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would he need a disguise in Suikoden V? He hasn't even committed a crime yet.

I think it's just his sense of style. He likes cheesecake, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wore the eyepatch for the heck of it.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but you can see in his portrait that there isnt an "eye" there like Vyse...

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
Why would he need a disguise in Suikoden V? He hasn't even committed a crime yet.

I think it's just his sense of style. He likes cheesecake, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wore the eyepatch for the heck of it.

Just because he hasn't commited the crime yet doesn't mean he doesn't need a disguise. People do disguise themselves before they commit crimes.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK well he might use it because he wants to keep his real look hiden.

Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that is a possible thing, but i believe he wears it because he is a spy from the scarlet moon empire. i mean this is between one and two and if i am correct the scarlet moon empire is still around. if so, then there could be a possability that he can have a need to hide. but this just a speculation and not a known fact. this can only be possible if the time period is right.so if it is right then he would need to disguise himself so he is not noticable. :?
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord_Tiberus661 wrote:
that is a possible thing, but i believe he wears it because he is a spy from the scarlet moon empire. i mean this is between one and two and if i am correct the scarlet moon empire is still around. if so, then there could be a possability that he can have a need to hide. but this just a speculation and not a known fact. this can only be possible if the time period is right.so if it is right then he would need to disguise himself so he is not noticable. :?

SME was around during Suikoden 1...but not anytime after it...if the game is between I and II then he wouldnt be a spy...

btw i scanned this...it doesnt have to do with speculating on Georg's eyepatch but i know alot ofpeople been wanting to see it...

Suikoden 1 SME's 6 Great Generals...you see Georg at the very top next to Kilawher Schulen...
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3351/s1sme0vt.jpg

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Georg left the Scarlet Moon Empire. Its his habit, or his "tradition" if you will. He was an Ebony Moon Knight in the Grasslands, A Scarlet Moon Great General in Toran, a Queen's Knight in Falena, an Alliance General in Jowston...everytime a war is finished he moves on to another country. No one knows why. Maybe we'll find out. At the end of Suikoden 2 he said "My job is done" I guess he only helps out in times of war because fighting is the only thing he knows how to do.

The eyepatch could be a disguise, I agree. But not because he's going to kill the Queen. He probably didn't plan on that. It might be a disguise to help hide him from some kind of past event prior to the Scarlet Moon Empire (thats when he started wearing it).

Or he somehow gets it magically healed.

^Actual quote!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea I agree with Blue Thunder. Georg's style is not to stick around after the conflict is over. Once he fufills his contract he moves on to another. I couldn't imagine him spying on Falena for the Scarlet Moon Empire. It just wouldn't fit his style displayed in Suikoden 2 and the previous information we have about him.

As for the eyepatch, i have already discussed this too many times on some of the other threads, so i will leave it alone.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said a few minutes ago in another topic, Georg is a really great swordsman, so the eyepatch is probably a training tool. A great swordsman from our own world's history, Miyamoto Musashi, said that

Quote:
Perception is strong and sight is weak.

Georg is probably still young enough to want his perception enhanced, so he took away half of his sight fo awhile. Great perception and sight can be wonderful weapons themselves. Konami probably is using another part of Japanese history (Musashi) to make Georg Prime.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey if u look closely it looks like he does look like he has an eye patch there so it could be a goof on the art in suikoden 2. but i hope it isnt.also can someone agree with me so i don think i am seeing something that is not there. but it does look like it is there
SurfRune

RipCurl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Mitchell..It could very well be a method of training his sword skills
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chances are Georg is actually missing his eye.

I'd hazard to bet the Sun Rune or Dawn Rune returns his eye to him with its restorative powers in the story.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not simply a goof because he appears without an eyepatch in the Suikogaidens, as well. Georg Prime obviously wore an eyepatch and for some reason stopped wearing it sometime before Suikoden 2. There are many reasons and I doubt the reason is very serious. People wear eyepatches and stop wearing them for all sorts of reasons.

Although it appears that he did wear it for quite some time. So, I don't know if it only served as a tool for training. Wearing an eyepatch for so many years just to train would just be kind of odd, but I guess it could be done. It just seems more like a curable injury that he didn't take the time to treat. But, they obviously put the eyepatch there for a reason.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: